Rescue mare in foal ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you will, and we're happy to help in any way we can. If you have any problems, always feel free to call me at 863-990-3210. I will be leaving and flying most of the day on Thursday to Seattle, but I'm here for you as everyone else is.

And since you can't change titles, while I'm gone, post a new urgent thread on here if you need some immediate attention! Everyone will help. Re-read the posted threads as you prepare. It's good to have things become second nature so you act rather than react.

Praying for a safe delivery of a healthy little one for you.
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

sorry no updated photo's - will do some in the next few days - been really busy today cleaning and painting my large stable for Twix, she looks so tiny in there it's 15ft x15ft !

camera now installed - i'm sitting watching her - lots of licking and chewing tonight.

have spoken to a local Vet today, explained about Twix and he's happy to come out if she gets into any difficulty and he's only 10 mins away !

Thankyou Diane for contact number, very kind of you, i just worry and the older i get the more worrying i do !

It's great you have a vet nearby. Don't be afraid to call if you have any difficulties. Much better to have them show up to see a baby safely on the ground, than wait too long and put momma and baby in danger.

Many of us don't have a vet close by, so that's a real plus. Keep us posted!

Last edited:
just a little update, Twix was really restless for 2-3 hours this evening, pacing, bum rubbing (on my newly painted walls !) 3 lots of droppings in 2 hours (unusual for her) biting at her belly then.................. she lay down flat out and went to sleep !

What a cute, cute, adorable mare.

Looking forward to seeing what she produces for you - even though it was not planned!

Yep, sounds just like mine - get you all excited about an impending birth - then ... "snore"...
default_smile.png

nothing much to report, she's had 2 really quiet nights

oh well i'm getting a lot of knitting done
default_rolleyes.gif

managed to take some photo's today, not the best but when your only getting 4 hours sleep - I think they're ok !

Twix is 'moving along' her vulva has elongated a lot in the last week and her udder is filling but not her teats yet.

I think she's looking really well now as apposed to what she looked like when I got her
default_yes.gif

twix 13 april 2015 011.jpg

twix 13 april 2015 012.jpg

twix 13 april 2015 013.jpg

Update - teats have separated as of tonight she just needs to fill her bag !

everything seems to be progressing, i'm sure Twix had 'a bloody show' on Wednesday evening and thought we may be good to go but we're STILL WAITING
default_frusty.gif

Don't think of it as waiting more like the slow preparation of something wonderful. Once its prepared and ready to be seen, all that "waiting" will waist away and you won't even remember doing it
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back