Cocoa's active foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is definitely looking elongated
default_smile.png
When you have time can you take a pic from down at her level from directly behind so we can see how foal is riding ?

She looks like she could go a bit yet. Several of mine don't get slab sided OR if they do - it's literally just before foaling...

Praying that she starts filling her udder for you. Have you checked w/ your vet to see what you will need to do if she doesn't have milk fill? I have had the shot given - to bring milk into the udder AND to let it down where the foal could nurse/pull it from the udder with 2 different foals out of the same mare. The shot wasn't a big deal and she turned into a milk cow (almost literally) both times!!

She had a foal 3 yrs ago when I got her and she had plenty of milk then. Hope she doesn't go late. I'm getting impatient.
default_smile.png

She's looking just perfect! I bet you'll see that milk start to fill a bit as her delivery date nears, but she's got some time. When she gets to her "due date" you can always let your vet know she may foal without milk (if none shows up), but usually these frustrating girls fill at foaling, so the shot is rarely needed.

Mine always went 3-4 weeks once udder development started. But they can go sooner (or later), but about 3 weeks is a good guess.

She is doing just fine, and looks great. We'll watch for baby to line up, and move a bit forward of center as it positions for birth. But for right now, all is looking just fine!

She's looking great . Baby is riding sideways at the moment . You can notice in the pic looking at her from behind . When baby lines up she will look slab sided. You won't notice baby poking out the sides
default_smile.png

How's her udder? Have you noticed any other changes recently ?
default_smile.png

At this point it would be helpful to have 2 pictures of her routinely. One from the back so we can see how baby is riding, and then the full side view. This will help us check baby's "line up" and the positioning. She's looking beautiful.

She's definitely progressing. Udder filling is very good
default_smile.png
. Maybe she's gonna foal before my girl lol

Latest posts

Back