maiden mare, unknown due date

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bred her for my own self. I am hoping for a future driving horse. The mare is fast and can't stand still to save her life and the stallion could care less what is going on around him and his favorite gait is take a nap. Lol. I am hoping to get some of the mares speed but the easy nature of the stallion. It will probably end up just like it's mother. Lol my luck

"His favorite gait is take a nap."

I was eating a bowl of cereal and choked when I read this!! ( insert rolling on floor emoji here)

Thanks for the laugh.....and the motivation to deep clean the dining room. ;-)

Your welcome
default_smile.png

The sad part is that it's true. I tried to type out a good story on him but I am not a story teller lol. Last year the farmer beside us thought he was dead cause he was planting his field and running his tractor within about 15 feet of our fence. Cooper was sleeping on the other side of the fence about 10 feet in and never moved or twitched an ear when that big tractor came close. Lol I had to yell his name several times before he finally lifted his head and looked at us, reassuring the farmer that he wasn't dead after all. Lol.

I bought him to show but when he's napping in the ring while the other stallions are prancing around showing off it doesn't go over to well. Lol. Occasionally he shows me that firey stallion side but it lasts all of 2.7 seconds. Lol

Today's pictures. Either I was able to finally get a really good picture or her sides are swelled out a little farther. Lol. I think her bag has changed some but the lady parts are still the same I think.

Anyone else see differences? I am thinking May?

In her side shot you can really see her face, if anyone is wondering, she lost an eye when she was younger and it weeps alot. Doesn't affect her much, she's a terrific cart horse
default_smile.png

2015-04-16 19.49.43.jpg

2015-04-16 19.47.57.jpg

2015-04-16 19.49.17.jpg

2015-04-16 19.48.47.jpg

Thank you Ryan.

My mother was a military brat. She lived in Jelong ( I probably spelled that wrong) for a few years, that's were she took her first horseback riding lessons. She tried to remember those lessons when she taught me to ride. Lol. She had me posting in a western saddle. We didn't know to much. Lol. Anyway, she really misses Australia and it's her biggest wish to be able to go back some day.

Udder is growing nicely, and looks as if the elongation/loosening up is beginning as well. Looking good!

Last edited:
Oh cool yes Geelong is about an hours drive from me over the otherside of Port Phillip Bay. Lovely place. Hope you come and visit some day. Id love to visit the USA and hope too in the next few years (once the mortgage is paid off a little more)
default_smile.png

Well Ryan we are now up to 3 people wanting to vacation in Australia. That would be me, my oldest son and my youngest son's girlfriend. All the others want to go back to the Bahamas or on a Disney cruise! We may get everyone to agree in a couple more years. Lol. My youngest son said that he is scared to come there bc y'all grow everything big and dangerous. He is an outdoors person and is scared of your insects and snakes and whatever else he does not know about! Lol

Lol!!! Kim you go there pics are necessary
default_smile.png

Ryan were do you plan on going in the u.s.? Iv always wanted to ride full speed on a camel lol. So I'd vacation to a place that could knock that off my list. Ohhhhh iv always wanted to see Wyoming and Montana. And Oregon. I like the mossy forests in Oregon. So pretty
default_smile.png

Lol!!! Kim you go there pics are necessary
default_smile.png

Ryan were do you plan on going in the u.s.? Iv always wanted to ride full speed on a camel lol. So I'd vacation to a place that could knock that off my list. Ohhhhh iv always wanted to see Wyoming and Montana. And Oregon. I like the mossy forests in Oregon. So pretty
default_smile.png
I'm in the sticks, but if you make it to Montana, stop in and say hi.

Congrats! Very cute.

I'll definitely need to get in touch if I ever do. Seems like I only ever really make it to Wisconsin. Something's Minnesota. We visit family up there
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back