maiden mare, unknown due date

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dianne Lyn

Reaction score
Pasture bred last year along with two others. I believe I only seen her in heat once which would have been April but we were also very busy around that time and I could have missed her may or June heat. The stallion never bothered anyone after june.

Here are some pictures, one from last summer the rest taken today, she moved alot. Lol

Anyone want to take a guess? I am guessing 3 to 4 weeks.

Thanks,

Dianne

2015-02-22 08.32.18.jpg

2015-03-29 16.55.00.jpg

2015-03-29 16.55.52.jpg

2015-03-29 16.56.37.jpg

2015-03-29 16.57.23.jpg

Hi Dianne ,

Welcome to the forum. She is a lovely mare & will be great to watch her as she progresses towards the big event.

Looks as though she is developing her udder. As you have asked for a guess, mine will be 4-6 weeks but ill be interested to hear what some of the more experienced think.

Thanks for joining us here at the nutty nursery
default_smile.png

She's a very pretty girl! She's growing an udder, and I usually calculate 3-4 weeks to fill (although it can be 4-6 weeks). Baby not lined up yet, and no visible elongation, so I'd guess several weeks to go yet. but I won't venture a 'full guess' until I can see some pictures in a few days so I have something to compare these to, and see how quickly she's moving forward.

Very pretty, and welcome to our 'Nutty Nursery' ! Ask any questions you have, we're here to jeep get this little one safely on the ground! We have several good threads pinned at the top of the forum, so we hope you'll read through them.

Can't wait to see more of her!!

The mare is 35.5 and the stallion is 32. So hoping baby is small enough to not cause problems. Lol

Here is the best picture of the stallion I have. He either is not hanging out with everyone or he's I your face. Lol. She is silver bay he is silver bay roan. I think I have a good chance for a silver baby. Lol

170.JPG

Welcome!! And great pair. I'm sure you do have a high chance for silver :p . I'm guessing 5-6 weeks.

You can post pictures as often as you want, but at least every few days, please. We LOVE pictures, so no one will ever complain seeing you beauties!!

Handsome daddy and momma, so should be a little beauty!

Sorry I didn't post on Wednesday like I said. Lol. Got busy then the weather turned bad.

I don't see any changes myself. Maybe a little wider.

Dianne

2015-04-04 18.17.20.jpg

2015-04-04 18.18.09.jpg

2015-04-04 18.18.40.jpg

2015-04-04 18.19.14.jpg

I see changes!!! Very puffy lady bits, udders also look different, and her belly is lower! But don't take my word for it lol

She looks great, but certainly has a ways to go. Baby still riding sideways, and she'll need to loosen up and do some nice elongating to let baby out. Her udder appears a bit different, so if it really starting, you have 3-6 weeks to go. My mares usually took only 3-4 weeks to fill --- those that were nice enough to grow an udder -- but some don't. We'll hope these are positive udder changes, as it's always fun to have many different things to help us tell she's nearing foaling.

She is doing just fine!!

Today's pictures. She is not one that wants to stand still. Lol. Always moving.

I am trying not to dwell on all this as its gonna seem forever to have the baby. But the excitement is starting. Lol

Dianne

2015-04-08 11.53.12.jpg

2015-04-08 11.54.16.jpg

2015-04-08 11.54.55.jpg

2015-04-08 11.55.20.jpg

She is looking great and all that wait will seem like nothing once baby is safely on the ground
default_smile.png

Wishing you all the best for a safe foaling when the time comes
default_smile.png

She's looking great, and he's right....once baby is safely on the ground, we happily forget all the waiting and worrying we do. There is nothing like baby snuffles to make you completely forget how long it seemed to take!

I worked on a goat farm. Some of those mommas would present huge udders and make us wait what seemed like two months. Would drive me crazy. Lol. Have not been around two many mares but I have delivered thousands of goat kids. The waiting always kills me
default_smile.png
This will be the first baby born on this farm so we are all very excited.

The beast will not stand still. Lol. Best pictures I could get. Looks like her bag is filling in more but other than that I didn't see much different. Yesterday she got real friendly, she's normal a friendly mare but doesn't leave nice pasture grass to come get some scritchens and scratches. She about knocked my husband into the creek, was very funny. Lol

Dianne

2015-04-12 11.21.18.jpg

2015-04-12 11.21.52.jpg

2015-04-12 11.22.19.jpg

2015-04-12 11.22.40.jpg

Those character changes are what we look for as she moves forward. She's quite beautiful and doing good!!

Latest posts

Back