New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for baby news!
default_whistling.gif

Sorry everyone, around midnight last night lass decided to stop her nonsense and began eating her hay again, by 5 am she didn't even look ready to foal anymore. I think she's playing with me! Lol

I really need to get a video monitor!! I have a sneaking suspicion she really doesn't want company.

These are taken this morning, her bag drives me nuts, it looks the same as always, but is definitely hanging down much more than before, and for having her last foal at least 4 years ago it is so suspicious! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Welcome to the "My mare hates me and wants to mess with my head and sleep" club!"
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_pray.gif
default_please.gif

I wouldn't mind so much if I could just afford to buy a baby video monitor! Since I was so eager to run to the walmart and pick up a cheapie one today, my furnace decided to stop heating my house instead. So there goes my mad money... apparently my house wants to prepare me for cold nights in the barn? We're forcasted for snow on monday, and of course the repair company cant make it until tuesday! Maybe lass will pitty me and hold off for another month? I dream of warmer weather!

Mares know their owners so well, Im sure they burst into laughter when we walk away.

Hoping you get your wish for warmer weather before she decides the time is right to foal.
default_smile.png

Video time! this was yesterday around 4:30-5:00pm. She was just hanging out in her stall, so I came in and shut the door behind me, she didn't move while I hung out in there for 45 mins or so. she went on like this for 10-15 mins, then relaxed a bit. lots of yawning/chewing, and staring at the wall.

Haha she's having a conversation with the wall. Then she's asking your opinion on the subject lol.

They really can be confusing. I wonder what goes on in there heads sometimes :)

She did the same thing today standing in her drylot, her belly is pretty active while she does it, I'm pretty sure it's her own tortuous game! Like Ryan said, she must laugh at me when I leave!

They can be very maddening and I'm also sure they laugh at us. They give us a few signs and then laugh when we stay awake. Oh well, one day closer!!!

Oh goldilocks, it is exciting! It is exciting to watch everyone else's too! I get on her all anxious checking out the latest news hoping everything is good and seeing all the different babies!

well, lass has reverted to her old self, I think she was just re-positioning baby, as she went from a slab sided/dropped belly to this new wide as a bus, full in the flanks and just as active as before. She has has slight progress at the milk bar, so I'm taking myself off of night watch, and just checking her at 10:30-11:00 pm before bed and again as soon as I get up. My hubby also checks her before he leaves for work between 5-6am. here's hoping she makes it to her due date (and avoids the snow!).

Sounds just perfect, and I hope you get some good rest tonight. Just watch for her rolling to reposition baby as a lead in to getting closer again!

updated pics taken today. It is impossible to get her to stand still and not follow me around her pen to get pics at her height from the back end looking forward, so bear with me on those shots. Of course now other than the fact that she does readily give us milk/colostrum if we milk her, and her belly seems to change shape, I'm doubting that shes pregnant, at the same time I think I see some relaxing of the vulva, I'll try and add an older pic to compare to. oh the rollercoaster ride! I should have bought a gelding lol!
default_giveup.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_gaah.gif
I don't know why some are uploading upside down? they're normal on my computer? ]IMG_1847.JPGIMG_1857.JPGIMG_1860.JPGIMG_1849.JPG IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

Well she looks nicely pregnant to me, she just needs to do a fair amount of 'shopping' in the milk department yet. If she was one of my girls, looking at her udder I would say that she is starting to fill it and that you have aound another approx 3 to 4 weeks to go before she shows you her baby (of course we know that every mare is different!). Also I wouldn't be doing any 'milking' at this stage (we dont do this at all), just leave her to develop her udder in her own good time.

Anna, I normally dont milk my mares or do the test strips, but she has been such a mystery. I'm glad to hear you think it'll be 3-4 weeks! This preggo likes her sleep!

Back