New to minis, and mini pregnancy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow they are beautiful! And wow!!! She is really hiding that baby!! Maybe our two girls are pregnant lepeppylass!!! : D

Took new pics this morning, we finally got a break from the rain & the sun came out. I feel like her belly has changed today, and her teats look more plump. I'm probably just imagining things, and I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy running away from my mini and trying to take pics! She prefers to be right in my pocket!image.jpgimage.jpg belly yesterday on left, today on right image.jpg

No. After around day 280 they will not work.
thanks, I didn't think they would be a viable option at this point. The only thing my vet could do is the external one through the abdomen, and it would run me 100$, I think I'd rather pay my vet to come check a mare and foal after, than to waste the extra cash now.

Yes, Chanda, that was the most confusing mare! She hid that baby so VERY well I still can't believe it.

We'll check pictures in a few days against these and see what we can tell. It's a bit suspicious, so I'm crossing my fingers !!

tonight during turnout I was watching her and I can see her teats flop together while she walks/waddles about the pasture.both from the sides and behind, She keeps me entertained at least!
default_laugh.png

Haha my oldest made has a low hanging deflated bag lol I bet it sways in the breeze. I'll have to watch closely on our next windy day :-D

Mare*

Haha my oldest made has a low hanging deflated bag lol I bet it sways in the breeze. I'll have to watch closely on our next windy day :-D Mare*
My old retired breeding dog, (we used to breed pembroke welsh corgis) Luna had the worst case of clapping teats after her final litter, to this day we still call her boobie-lu! A pic of the clappers tonight: lolimage.jpg

That's hysterical haha. Her clappers look fuller. We used to breed Devon Rex cats. They are partially hairless. So the older girls had some obvious clappers. Too funny :-D

update: after watching lass in her stall this afternoon for 45 mins, trying and failing to feel baby (no i didn't feed first) I decided to see if I could find any milk at the milk bar. YUP. watery, not sticky, and very easily milked. I normally don't test milk in order to save colostrum but curiosity got the best of me! Now: to start night checks too or wait it out. I did find one "cow-pie" ish poo pile, but everything else has been normal.

IMG_1738.JPGIMG_1742.JPGIMG_1711.JPG

Sounding like things are about to get very exciting. Keep a close eye on her, as things can change very quickly now (if you're lucky and she doesn't play sneaky) Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a healthy little one!!

inside of her vulva has darkened but still mostly pale pink. when I checked her vulva tonight I went out to see her and immediately said, "oh sh*t" because her vulva looks to be relaxing/elongating. no sleep for me tonight! I miss coffee. dearly miss my coffee right now!

Lol if your not drinking coffee you may have to resort to " tooth Picks" to keep those eyes open .

Sending you all the very best Amanda for a safe foaling and to lass too of course
default_smile.png

Oooh Amanda!!! Hoping she does foal for you soon so you don't miss much sleep!!! I remember the days I missed coffee sooo much too! Come on Lass you can do it, show us your beautiful baby!

She's happily munching away on her hay in the stall right now. of course after she inhaled her grain, my miss piggy. we shall see!

Latest posts

Back