Huybers Utopia , I'm gonna need help in June!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to read this Amanda, Glad you were there to help her. Hope she will be ok
default_smile.png

So sorry Amanda, it must bresk your heart to loose one of your babies. I'm glad you were there to help your mare through it and that she is okay.

Oh, so sorry to hear this. Glad you were there. How is mom doing with losing the baby?

Eclipse did fine with the abortion. She turned around and looked at the foal and walked away. I think she has aborted before by the way she reacted. She never missed a beat. Was eating, pooping and peeing like normal right away. Never had a infection or was off in any way. Thank goodness.

The rest of the girls are at days, 253-269 today. So just about 9 months. Ladybug has just started to make a tiny udder with is right on track for her usual 325 day pregnancy. She loves to make a huge udder. Everyone else is just wishing the 2 feet of snow in the paddock would go away.

I'll post pics of them later on today, it's raining so you can see their actual bellies and not just the winter fluff.

Here are the promised pictures. The pinto udder is Penny's. she's a maiden and as of last week just had nipples and a flab of skin holding them. So I guess she's going to make a nice big udder before she foals. Good girl Penny, she's first due at day 269 today.

Sorry for the gross conditions, but we've been battling the winter from heck, and any day outside is a good day even if it is a little wet/dirty.

Buff 267 rear.JPG

Buffy 267 side.JPG

Carmel 257.JPG

Carmel side 257.JPG

Dream rear 267.JPG

Dream side 267.JPG

Fly rear 253.JPG

Fly side 253.JPG

Lady bug side 259.JPG

LB 265 back.JPG

LB udder 265.JPG

Penny 269.JPG

Penny rear 269.JPG

Penny udder 269.JPG

Well almost all the snow is gone. We've had several beautiful warm days and the mares udders are reflecting it. Ladybug and her two daughters Penny and Fly are starting nice udders. And Carmel is just beginning hers. Two mares have easily expressable yellow, slightly sticky milk. So we are 2-3 weeks off and right on schedule. Here are some udders, Carmels is first, then Fly's then Ladybug and finally Penny. We are at day 287-304 today.

IMG_2829.JPG

287.JPG

300.JPG

304.JPG

All the Mommas are looking great!! Can't wait to see all the foals that they are cooking!!
default_yes.gif
Will you have cams up when it is getting close so we all can keep an eye on them??

For some crazy reason I cannot copy and paste my cam link, but if you go to www.marewatchers.com, click on the public cams tab, then find Huybers Utopia, you'll get it. If someone else could paste the link for me that would be great.

The cams will be on at night only until they get very close.

Welcome back from your hiatus. The pictures are fabulous, and so glad they've been progressing so nicely!

These girls are my favorite textbook udders! Still some nipple filling to go on, so on schedule! Just perfect!

Getting very excited!!

Thanks Brody!!

Ladybug and Dream have a good supply of yellowish/white milk which is starting to be sticky, so we are rolling along nicely still. Cams will be up at night from now on.

They are looking great!

I am getting excited to see what yours have and then later what mine will have...
default_smile.png

Thanks Brody. I really appreciate you posting the link. I didn't have time to find it this morning, and just got home now. What a pleasure to have you helping all of us watch these ladies. They are always a wonderful "watch" !!

We are at days 293-308 today. All but two of the girls are making decent attempts at uddering. Dream, LB, and Fly have slightly oily/sticky milk. The other three have no milk yet. I'm guessing about 8 days from now I might get a foal or two.

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

IMG_2869.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

Its funny how they are all so different. I can't imagine a mare going to get fit at like Victoria secret lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back