Huybers Utopia , I'm gonna need help in June!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
I've got a total of 7 mares due in May 31st to June 20th!! I'll need any eyes that anyone can spare at that time. Lord help me. I did not plan on breeding all the mares, but my hubby decided one day he was sick of listening to the stallion holler and he put him in with them all. I thought, well he can't possibly have gotten them all. Ha, live and learn. Here are the girls. Penny, Fly, Buffy, Dream, Ladybug, Carmel and Eclipse.

And the last pic is of the leased stallion: Country Lanes I'm a Brokers Bandit, he's a bay pinto that either has lots of Sabino roaning or he's greying out, but he changes colours with the seasons, so I don't think it is greying.

Anyhow, we should see some colour here. There's pintos, appys and a sold with blue eyes that throws pintos..

IMG_1648.JPG

SDC16870.JPG

Buffy email.jpg

968965_10202019380145711_791030308_n.jpg

ladybug.jpg

531809_10201857468218014_1212650703_n.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

IMG_1506.JPG

Congrats on all the babies to come. The stallion looks like a bay roan pinto, so you might get some roan babies, too. True roan would explain the seasonal color changes.

I will do my best to help Amanda! I think roan also, beautiful!

Welcome back Amanda, you will certainly be busy come June
default_smile.png

Looking forward to seeing what your girls produce for you this year
default_smile.png

Cool, it will be very fun to watch all of the babies run around :p . also I'll gladly watch on the cam. Nice stallion I'm sure he enjoyed his summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone. I've only got 3 foaling cams so I'm sure it will be a real juggling act to catch them all in the act! I might have to look into buying another one.

I am soooooo excited to see you back, and know that our summer is going to be BUSY watching and praying for all of these special babies!!! Looks like a wonderful line up!!

Great to have you back for 2015 Amanda and good luck for what will be a busy time for you! Will enjoy helping you watch and excited to see what your girls produce for you - plenty of colour I think!

Hey everyone. The girls are now between 7 and 8 months along. All are confirmed and all the babies are rolling and bopping around at mealtimes. Some look a little pregnant and some don't look it at all , but they all are. So here are their pics today.

Fly(silver bay): This will be her third foal, she's had two colts for me (one solid black and one pinto)

Penny(black and white pinto): This is her first live foal, last year she aborted at 4 months.

Eclipse(appy): I've had her almost 3 years, but this is her first foal for me, she has foaled for her other owner and gave a blanket appy.

Dream:(appy): She's my little therapy horse, has always had fillies for her last owner, but had a pinto colt for me last year.

Buffy(appy): Mother of Ladybug, grandmother to Penny and Fly. She's on her 11th foal I think, an old pro who is due to retire soon and just be our alpha mare.

Ladybug (blue eyed bay) Daughter of Buffy, mother of Penny and Fly. She gives me a nice mixture of fillies and colts and pinto and solids. I think this is her 8th foal.

Carmel (silver black pinto), My mother bought me this mare 4 months before she passed away. She's had two pinto colts for me so far when bred to pinto.

And that is it for today. We're at days 222-239, the in between period where you are just waiting but not much is happening, which is fine with me as we are dealing with the worst winter in my memory.

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2604.JPG

IMG_2598.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2605.JPG

IMG_2592.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

Looking forward to seeing the babies. And of course i will help watch!

What a wonderful update with good pictures of the furry crowd! They are all looking good and it will be such a pleasure to watch them to foaling time!

Hey guys, very sad day today. I was watching the mares sleeping in the snow and sunshine when I saw Eclipse down and rolling. This is so against her usual behavior that I just knew something was wrong. Went out to the paddock and found her drenched in sweat and contracting while standing. She was just at day 252 today, so I knew it would not be a live foal. I got my daughter to hold her head while I went in. I went right to my underarm trying to find any body part of that baby. Finally found a foot, pulled it until the rest of the body moved closer to me and I could reach the other foot. Traced my way back to find the head. It was curled up against it's chest between the legs. It was all the arm and strength I had to reach down and find it's mouth and bring the head into the correct position. After that we just pulled with the contractions and brought the baby out. It was dead but not stiff yet. Placenta was pale yellow/pink, not at all healthy looking. Eclipse is fine, placenta was out within 20 minutes (it was mostly detached from her uterus already). Foal was a perfectly healthy looking pinto colt
default_sad.png
This will be this mare's last foal. I don't want to put her or me through this again.

The other 6 mares are doing well. I'm praying that they continue to make it the next 2 months.

I am very sorry and hope she is doing well. It will feel very difficult but at least you were there to help and noticed the situation. I am so sorry

Sorry to read this sad news, but so happy you were there to help her in her time of great need. You did magnificently in getting that little one out for his momma's health and safety. KUDOS for a sad job well done!

So sorry to read this Amanda but thankfully you were there to help her. Thoughts and prayers coming your way for the rest of your crew.

Latest posts

Back