Maple Hollow Farms 2015 Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try it
default_smile.png

I got it!!! Yaya!!! They look good. Lady in middle is irritable. Butting stomach butt up against wall, and looking back and forth. I'll check later tonight again:) thank you

I see we have a new spotted lady in the middle stall now this morning! What a pretty girl! Is there an update on all the little mamas? I've been keeping an eye on them ?

All girls are messing with my head, right now Eve has the fullest udder, the other girls are a bit looser this morning. Chicky is in middle stall as she was acting off this morning so decided to keep an eye on her for today. She is a high risk mare so any weird behavior is worthy of watching! She has no bag yet but figured better safe than sorry. She seems fine now so thinking she just had a mild case of colic? Likely will put Missy back on cam tonight depending on how everyone is looking.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by high risk? Age,maiden,small..? Just curious since I'm always trying to learn more about minis

I see what you mean by her needing to be in stall. She is paicing a lot. And belly biting with a lot of tail flishing. I thought she was gonna lay down a couple times. But didn't.

She is high risk as she is 21 yrs old and does not get up anymore to take care of her foals right away so they dont get out of the sack on their own. Even worse is she can be really hard to tell when she is ready, Im trying to get one more really nice filly from her to retain before I retire her. If she has a colt though it is already spoken for. She seems back to normal tonight so I put Missy back under since she has just a huge udder and I dont know how she hasnt foaled by now! They are all driving me crazy, I have one still in pasture too that is bagging up pretty good so Im going to have to start doing my middle of the night checks out there too. With my luck all of the mares due this month will coordinate it so they all foal at the same time ROFL!

Wow I know the picture on the can is a bit fuzzy, but she looks stupendous for being 20. And I'm hoping its a filly for you.

I also hope they don't all decide to foal at once. That would be crazy.

*cam

I did see Chicky in there this morning! I thought maybe Missy changed her mind about being in foal!!!! Lol But then she was back tonight so I guess no changing her mind now so she might as well have that little one SOON!! Hint, Hint!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Sigh...Im convinced these mares are NEVER going to foal LOL! Babe is getting a pretty loose rear and Eve's bag is fuller, Missy has had a full bag for a while but just doesnt seem to want to give up her foal! Diamond and Beauty are also catching up in the readiness department and may end up having to move horses around soon if these three dont get a move on UGH! When it comes to a lot looking ready at the same time I will put them under camera by most risky....one mare has a sketchy history so she will be one, Chicky of course is the older mare, Eve is teeny tiny, and so on.....Just hopefully they will start getting serious here so I dont have to make those choices LOL!

As of today

Missy 332

Babe 330

Diamond 326

Ebony 323

Sassy 321

ELady 318

Freckles 317

Fae 315

Chicky 315

Beauty 315

Eve 313

Star 307

Carrie 305

Chippy 305

Wow! Any or ALL could go anytime!!! You need more cameras!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently all I need to do is complain enough and one will finally foal LOL! Babe has a gorgeous and leggy sorrel pinto filly by Magnum! Here are just a couple of quick pics, hopefully will get some better ones in a couple days.

20150408_133648edit.jpg

20150408_133816edit.jpg

She was restless since last night. I figured she would have given birth by this morn. I've been keeping an eye on her and just got on right after she was born. I checked almost every hr today

Yeah, finally the first foal of 2015 Congratulations to Melinda!!!!!! A very pretty little filly too!! So you have one down how many more mares to go Melinda??? I hope I can catch the next mare that foals!!
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone! I am pretty smitten with my sweet lil girl already! She is already such a love bug like Babe's foals always seem to be! Here are some more pics! I cant wait to be able to take her outside for better pics, but kinda rainy and yucky right now. Cross your figners that she sets off the normal chain reaction and now more will decide it is ok to foal! :D

11125598_10205106601482654_170396596_n.jpg

11128909_10205106606842788_1696949721_o.jpg

11130929_10205105034883490_71820206_o.jpg

11134450_10205106599362601_703779021_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back