baby bump/bumps.....?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like things are progressing Rebecca
default_smile.png

Yes indeedie!!!! The cuteness is rather round. Blazin is getting a bit of a belly. I just haven't had time for pics.

no skunks
default_sad.png
they are too smart. But I did get some pics for everyone to ponder over for a while
default_smile.png

some lady bits included so you may want to shield your eyes/ little ones...lol

also some chicken pics cause they would not leave me alone. I think they were jealous. and funny story. Blazin got her main stuck in one of our tractors. I went out this morning and couldn't find her. Low and behold she was waiting for me to rescue her. Standing perfectly still and just walked off when I unhooked her mane. I think she was out there for hours. everyone else was muddy and she was perfectly clean. So no signs of a struggle. she's only smart when she wants to be, or when it counts. most horses would have ripped a chunk of meat out of there neck. Needless to say she is now modeling a bowl cut. lol its ugly. No I did not take pictures of it. Her mane and tail are my prized possessions.

blazin1.JPG

calfe1.JPG

just for giggles I added the cuteness udder pic. lol no its not a Muppet. but yes it is as fuzzy as one. At least I know shell never get udder frost bite in the winter
default_smile.png

calfe2.JPG

calfe4.JPG

calfe5.JPG

calfe6.JPG

chicks.JPG

chicks2.JPG

chicksrunin.JPG

lb1.JPG

whisp1.JPG

lb2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol Ryan yeah flagstone. My mom thought I needed it. She wants to make another path. But I like the grass and don't even use the path. For some reason I always go straight to the barn not pasture first.

Something's wrong!!! Calfes belly looks more slab sided. And possibly smaller. I'm gonna up her food a bit. Well everyone. But I need to take pics tonight. It'll be late. I'm very busy short on time. Her belly looks a bit lower as well. She has a lot of tail resistance and no relaxation. Her bag is bigger. But she's very early to foal if she decides to keep progressing. I hope the baby was just sitting in a new position

Ok so I got some quick pics before I left the house. Called my uncle. He said to check and see if the baby is still alive. He also said its possible she has twins. And that her temp will drop a little before labor begins.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg also she went pee before I took this pic so sorry if there's any left overs

Last edited by a moderator:
How far along is she? Don't forget minis can and do have viable foals at just 300 days, and some manage to do it even a little earlier than that.

Oh Rebecca I do hope that you are just a worry wart and that everything is fine. Let's us know soon!

Chanda-She is due in exactly a month and 7days.

I hope I'm just a worry wart too Kim. Either way I'm now sleeping in the barn since she has been changing.

I'm sure she's fine and looks just perfect for a mare due in a month. They can be tricky in these 'final' weeks, but she's looking just fine. She needs to elongate more before delivery, and baby isn't quite in position yet from the pictures. Don't worry, she's doing very well, and you'll do fine when the time comes. But I believe you are safe for a bit more time.

Thank you so much Diane! I feel a load better
default_smile.png
. I will not be sleeping out there for a while. This weekend I'm gonna be at the Arlington park pet expo. I took more pics of her a couple mins ago. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

Agree with Diane, she looks just perfect for a foal in 3 to 4 weeks (and forget about twins, almost uheard of in minis!) Enjoy your weekend away!

Thank you Annac
default_smile.png
. She sucked up the belly, and has been way more irritable and cranky. The baby was moving quite a bit. But she was trembling when I touched her bag. And I thought twins was way out of the qeustion. First of all too rare, she's not big enough.

I think she looks great but agree with Anna and Diane that she's about a month out like you said. Going to go back and see why you were worried but she's looking great and I doubt highly she's having twins so don't worry.

Mountainwoman- it wasn't so much the twins that i was thinking about, it was the chance she was getting ready to abort. Her belly changed shape dramatically and since it looked like she skipped a few steps, I was thinking something was wrong. But thank goodness everyone has assured me. I would had been in a panic. My first mare I bred had a red bag. So I'm trying to be diligent ( and not have any repeats)

Latest posts

Back