Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just so they are not left out ill add pics of my big horses. This is Trinity (Klickitat Sky Dancer) my just turned two year old FHANA Friesian filly aka my dream horse!!! I got her last summer as a yearling and she has been the light of my life ever since!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is Shanti my zebra dun QH mare and my best friend. We have so much fun together. The black and white gelding is Cadet my husbands paint/walker cross and the one on him except with the pictures with the little girl that is my niece
default_smile.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Goodnight ladies and thanks for all the help. Ill be checking on her through the night but it never hurts to have extra eyes watching out for her if anyone wants to check on her
default_smile.png

Oh what a fabulous tribe you have there - they are all gorgeous, thank you for sharing them with us.
default_yes.gif

Little Angel as certainly joined a happy and loving family - lucky girl!

3.00 am nearly and all is quiet. I love all your other chips Paula, you have quite a little herd there
default_smile.png

3.20 am she is out flat

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ladies we think we will keep them around for awhile ;-). Angel was good this morning and I'm back at work watching her munch on her hay, I sure love this camera thing!

Morning Paula
default_saludando.gif
Angel had a quiet night and laid down quite a few times.

Have a great day

Thank you Renee for keeping watch over her.

Summertime, we try. I'm a high school teacher so have the summers off and my husband works 2 weeks on the north slope and is home for two weeks so we try to take the horse camping at different places all summer long- it is a lot of fun
default_smile.png
. Can't wait for summer to hurry up and get here!

Summers off- makes up for all the stressful day you may have on! A teacher is the 2nd most under appreciated job (homemaker being 1st in my mind). I always wanted to be a teacher...

Thank you Gone Riding, it is at times a rather thankless job but a very rewarding one as well. I do love having the summers off but wish there were not so many additional duties to the days the rest of the year. Oh well, not complaining I love my kids and my job.... Most of the time ;)

Ugg for some reason it keeps giving me an error message when I tried to upload Angels pictures today. Ill try again in awhile :-/

She looks very close to foaling to me - are you still in your trailer with her at night? Will you be able to leave work in a rush if you see any signs that she may be going to foal, even if it turns out to be a false alarm - even 5 minutes away from home is too far to be able to help her if she has actually started to foal.

I know it is not easy, especially when work is involved, but these little mares can b very sneaky at foaling time, while possibly needing help to get their babies safely into this world!

Good luck and safe foaling when the time comes.
default_yes.gif

Hi Anna,

Do you think I should sleep in the trailer tonight? I can if I need to. I've been sleeping inside and waking up every hour on the hour to check on her, but if you think she is super close I can sleep there again. It's so hard as it has been almost three weeks now of me sleeping off and on in the trailer and getting up every hour and I am so exhausted, but willing if that's what I need to do. I do have to work unfortunately. I am streaming the camera to my phone all day long so I can keep an eye on her and I am less than 10 minutes from home. I know it is not ideal to not be able to be there 24/7 but I have to work and I'm doing the best I can to supervise her even when I'm away.

Do you think she is really close and I should sleep in the trailer tonight? It is so hard to tell!

Thank you so much,

Paula

Paula, what is her udder like?

She is still looking a bit lopsided, so I'm hopeful that you have a few days left -- actually I'm hoping she holds off until at least Friday after school, so you can be there to help her foal. As a maiden, she'll be very tight, and since the stallion is slightly taller, she may need your helping hands to help her guide that little one out.

Morning Ladies
default_smile.png
I flipped the pics to make them easier to see

angel.jpgangel1.jpgangel2.jpg

She looks wide still but as Diane said this could be due to the fact that daddy was bigger. Whether to sleep with her or not is up to you but I definitely advice you to watch her every 20 mins on camera. Cassie and I can help you for a few hours.

Latest posts

Back