Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget to give her plenty of exercise and outside time as she will need to be fit for the birth. Also grass is very good for their tummies
default_smile.png

I am off to bed now, I will watch her as much as I can during the night.

Hi ladies,

I just got home from work and took some new Angel pictures. I tried to get the right angles but if I need to retake them let me know and I will do so right away. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you Renee. I try to take her for a walk each day and put her out from about 3-9 on weekdays and longer on weekends. She gets a nice Timothy hay and some alfalfa as well as Purina Mini horse grain and Nutralix multi liquid vitamins. There won't be grass her for awhile we still have snow
default_smile.png
so unfortunately can't fulfill that need. I appreciate all y

She looks good. Nicely lop-sided tummy about centered, beautiful developing udder and her hooha is elongating. All good signs that she's progressing very nicely! How is her tail resistance? Can she pull it from your hand when you take the pictures? It appears she's starting to hollow out so it won't be long now.

How much feed is she getting? I'd start uping her Alfalfa -- it will give her a protein boost, plus give a boost to baby's growing muscles and bones. This last trimester, their body is usually screaming for calories, so make sure she's getting a full ration of her grain, plus some alfalfa.

Looks like she could have some appaloosa going on -- is that a striped back hoof, and she has some mottling on her hooha -- but it could be pinto spotting. Is she registered? If so, what is her registered name (I'm the one who loves the pedigree research -- LOL). Do we know anything about the stallion she's bred to? Do you have a picture of him? We love to do color calculations as well.

She's looking good, and it won't be a long wait for you.
default_yes.gif

Last edited:
Hi Diane,

She was on a local grass hay from her previous owner- no grain, alfalfa or vitamins. I've been slowly adding in the grain and alfalfa and vitamins very carefully as I don't want to upset her system. She is on free choice local Timothy now, a small half a flake of alfalfa in the morning and another at night and 3 cups of the grain. How much do you think she should be up too and how fast is too fast? She has her temporary papers as she turns 4 on the 26th but the seller is sending them in to get their full papers and then will mail them to me (she graciously agreed for me not to pay a portion of the selling price of both mares until I receive the papers so I'm not worried about getting them). She is AMHR registered 33" cremello (both the seller and I agree that is wrong as she is actually a pale palomino). Her registered name is She's a Blessing Angel Wings and she is bred to a bay Tobiano stud that I am embarrassed to say I don't know the registered name of but sent an email to the seller to get. As far as I know she doesn't have appy but that would be awesome if she did, her daddy was a pinto though so she has that in her background. I really don't even know how to go about researching her pedigree but would love to know more!

I've noticed her tail doesn't seem like she lays it flat anymore there is always some space now and it doesn't appear she can clamp it anymore and is pretty flexible but not enough for it to just flip up over her back like some people describe. Thank you do much for all your help and advice!

Alfalfa is a natural tummy soother, so will help her system as you up her grain. I'd offer her a flake of Alfalfa morning and night, and at this stage she should be getting between 2-3 pounds of feed -- so approximately twice what she's getting unless you're giving her 3 cups twice a day. If this is a mare I'm thinking about, she's lucky to have found you -- as she's had a rough time in some of her previous life -- so I look forward to seeing her blossom under your loving care.

Her name is really :

AMHR - 303872T YOU'RE A BLESSING ANGEL WINGS

She cannot be cremello, as her daddy was a palomino pinto (carrying cream) but her mom was a bay (no cream) -- so she has to be palomino. No appy, so pinto striping/spotting. Make sure the person gives you a breeding certificate so you can register the foal. I'm going to send you a PM, as I have a couple of questions.

Oh yes You're a Blessing not She's a Blessing. I also bought her sister You're a Blessing Dixie Belle. They are both lovely little horses and I feel blessed to have them. I have really high Protein alfalfa- do you still think its okay to double it? Also the grain, I've worked her up to the 3 cups slowly do I keep working her up (I've been upping her a cup a week) or just go ahead and double it? I just really want to be careful on her system and of course not risk founder. She gets all the Timothy she can eat and lots of carrots and apple treats
default_smile.png

I agree I don't know how she could be cremello but that is what her papers say, and it is her as the picture is her so not sure how the mistake happened.

How were you able to look up her pedigree? I don't know much about her parentage as there are not many minis here in Alaska so I don't have a lot of people to learn from but I've been trying. I now have four minis- Napoleon (Amazing Grace Napoleon) who was our first and an extreme rescue case, Precious who we got from a breeder up here but I'm STILL trying to get her papers even though she is three and I keep getting the run around so not sure I'm ever going to get them and she is a beautiful buckskin Tobiano with blue eyes and 30" tall, and now Angel and Nova (Dixie Belle). I've really had fun with them and Napoleon and Precious I've been teaching tricks to and they know about 7 now and I taught Napoleon to drive and he's awesome and I'm working with Nova currently as eventually Id like to make them a pair as they are right about the same height though certainly not the same color (he's chestnut, she's a black and white pinto).

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to do the best for them I can.

oh now I have to see piccies of your other minis please?
default_smile.png
lol Renee what is budy gor? LOL are you speaking italion at us?? hehehe.

she looks great! won't be long... I haven't been able to get her up on my work comp yet but will keep trying
default_smile.png

hehe I couldn't resist have fun
default_smile.png

Yay I got the camera up
default_smile.png
I can see your pretty girls here too now yippee!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha okay Cassie
default_smile.png
I have a new phone so don't have many pictures on it yet- ill see what I can find.

Renee, thank you! Ill sleep much better knowing there are others watching out for Angel too.

Thank you ladies so much.

Hi Paula, sorry I haven't posted before, my laptop has been playing silly boogers for the last couple of days - I can read posts but if I try to post, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't!! Oh the wonders of techno stuff!

What a pretty little girl - it sounds as though she (and your other chips) have struck lucky in finding you, plus you are going to have a new little bubby very soon. Exciting!!

Good luck and safe foaling.
default_yes.gif

Okay here are some pictures of Nova the mini I bought recently with Angel. The harness one was her first time in harness she is doing awesome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

And Napoleon the one who started it all. Our favorite little gelding and the one who has blessed us, my niece and all the neighborhood and friends kids. The little pinto sorrel is my best friend Lisa's mini Rocky.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back