Angel, maiden mare's highly anticipated pregnancy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKMiniMama

Reaction score
Is Angel ever going to foal? I'm so excited for my first foal and Angel is looking sooo pregnant, but after checking on her every hour on the hour for two solid weeks now still no foal. She seems to go back and forth between getting close (squishy tail head, laying down and getting up frequently, biting and kicking at her tummy) and then other times she looks a long way off. Any advice or support is greatly appreciated. Thank you do much, Paula my number is 1-907-354-0108 if you need to call. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paula and Welcome to you and Angel. Can we see some pics of her. Get down at her level and snap a profile belly, one from behind to see how wide she is and then move her tail to the side and take her udder and hooha
default_smile.png

I am looking forward to seeing her.

Hi Eagle, I have some pictures of her taken today though not the angles you stated yet, but I will get those tomorrow when I get home from work. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pictures yet though. I'm on my phone, does that make a difference?

ahhhh what a cutie
default_smile.png
Hard to say how far she is though as the angle is wrong. She does look preggo though
default_new_rofl.gif

What is your set up? Is she in at night? how far from your bedroom is she? These mares foal really fast and even 10 minutes can be too late to save a foal. We suggest that you take a chair and a blanket and sit outside her stall so that you can be there to help the foal out of the sac. If the foal isn't positioned correctly and you are not there it can be disasterous for both mare and foal. How far away is your vet?

Sorry loads of questions
default_whistling.gif

Hi Eagle,

My set up is a little unconventional at the moment as its been awful weather lately. I am putting her in at night and while at work. I have her bedded down with lots of straw in a three horse trailer that is fully enclosed (has ventilation) and have heat lamps set up for her (I recently bought her and her "sister" from Oregon and they arrived a few weeks ago here to Alaska right in the middle of some bad weather. I have spent several nights with her in the trailer on a lawn chair with a blanket. She is about 30-50 feet from my couch and that's where I have been sleeping. I have a camera set on her and it streams to my phone so I have been watching her from work and wake up every single hour to check on her through the night. My nearest vet is at least 30 minutes away. Thankfully work is 6 minute away if I drive fast so can be home at the first signs of labor (though I am in no way near as qualified as a vet). Questions are very much appreciated and I will get better pictures tomorrow! Thanks, Paula

Sounds just fine. Can we watch her for you? I am in Europe so I watch most of the american mares during the night with my Aussie friend Cassie. Cassieeeeeeeeeeeeeee where are you????

Oh that would be absolutely wonderful. I literally have not slept more than 45 minutes in 2 weeks. Im not through marestare though I'm through mydlink.com or the phone app is mydlink lite. I think you have to login as me but I have had other friends check in on her and it seems to work with multiple people logged in. My username is [email protected] and my password is angelcam. Feel free to look in on her. I put her out when I'm home so she can stretch her legs and be with Nova, but have her there at night and when I'm not home. Thank you!

ok I am just trying now. I have to do a few things to computer first to get it up. Back in a tic

Okay thank you. It's 11:40 here and I have to get up about 530am for work plus check on her each hour so will probably be falling asleep soon. I'm just waiting until about midnight so my first check can start at 1am. Let me know if you are able to get on. Thank you!

Ugg sorry thanks for trying I really appreciate all the eyes and advice I can get- I'm so worried I'm going to miss something. I am 100^ willing to sleep on the trailer too if you think it's necessary or when it becomes necessary. Have a good night or day maybe in your case.

Sounds just fine. Can we watch her for you? I am in Europe so I watch most of the american mares during the night with my Aussie friend Cassie. Cassieeeeeeeeeeeeeee where are you????
I'm here!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Hi Paula
default_saludando.gif

your little girl is gorgeous! I'm just dowloading the java update now but will pull her up also on my phone...

its so exciting Renee! our first Alaskan foaling!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

i would so love to take a trip to Alaska!!
default_laugh.png

woohoo I can see her! she is very pretty! will keep an eye on her for the next two hours before I head to bed
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back