Redrock Miniature Horse Farm - Dream - maiden appaloosa mare *FOALED* 5/16 *New picture 7/23*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Becky, what fabulous show results!!
default_firstprize.gif

Diane, those pictures are just brilliant!!

Just when I think Dream is progressing quickly towards foaling, she goes in reverse. Yesterday, her udder increased in size during the day and was 'interesting' by night. I'm thinking maybe another day or two.

This morning, her udder had gone down and has stayed that way during the day. Sigh...... She will foal sometime......

YES SHE WILL -- that's a given! This is the hardest time -- but come on, little momma! I want to see SPOTS!!!!!!

Me too, Diane! The sooner, the better. Dream is 321 days today, so she's plenty far along to foal a nice, full term baby.
default_yes.gif

DON'T let her talk to ANY mares around here this year! MY GOODNESS -- never seen such a year of carrying babies!

Dream has more udder this morning than she's had. I'm hopeful she won't go in reverse now. I'll take pictures and post later.

The length that mares are carrying their foals this year would put 321 days at the very early end I think!!! We never had to wait this long, but then we never had a year without vet intervention before this. Steady forward progress is good....

Dream is 324 days today and looking promising tonight. I forgot to take my camera to the barn today, but Dream's udder is starting to firm up. She's been doing some butt rubbing yesterday and today, which she hasn't done previously and I never saw her standing around napping today outside which is different for her.

I went ahead and put hay down over her shavings tonight (wishful thinking!) and will likely sleep in clothes. Just in case.
default_smile.png

I sure hope you don't end up sleeping in your clothes as many nights as I did LOL!!! Of course the result was worth it, but it is nice to not have to sleep that way now, with pager in my hand and my glasses on so I could see the IPad by the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be checking in the morning for a foaling announcement Becky! Sending prayers for a safe foaling.
default_pray.gif

My Katiebug doesn't seem that close, but she's wearing her Equipage at nights now.....just in case she tries to fool me. LOL

You should see the little table by my bed. The top is covered with a clock, the pager, my glasses, my cell phone and the tv remote. It all barely fits! And when the pager goes off at night and I'm trying to find it without knocking everything off, it's pretty entertaining!

Still waiting. Dream didn't set the pager off last night, so that is a good sign. I'll be going out to feed shortly and hope to have more interesting news to report.

You should see the little table by my bed. The top is covered with a clock, the pager, my glasses, my cell phone and the tv remote. It all barely fits! And when the pager goes off at night and I'm trying to find it without knocking everything off, it's pretty entertaining!
My nightstand looks just like yours! LOL

Here is Dreams' udder this morning at 325 days. I've seen udders like this tighten up and mares foal in 2 hours and others go 2 more days. Dream's udder is firmish; just need those nipples to fill and spread apart more.

Never mind. I'll try later. My pictures won't upload from Photobucket. Grrrr........

Looks like the pictures are going to post now.

Only one picture will show up. Strange. But, you can get some idea.

Dream5-11325days003_zps7e3f288d.jpg

Latest posts

Back