Delicious Yet SIMPLE Bread Pudding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Ingredients:

• 6 slices of day old or coarse bread (I used wide pan whole wheat)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional, but soooo good!)
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk

Steps:

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spray an 8" square pan / dish with cooking spray
  3. Tear the bread into small pieces and place that into the sprayed cooking pan / dish
  4. Drizzle melted butter over the torn bread
  5. Beat the eggs
  6. Add in the sugars (white + brown), cinnamon, and vanilla
  7. Beat in the milk
  8. Pour this mixture over your torn bread
  9. With a fork, press the bread that is not submerged into the mixture so it is also soaked
  10. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the bread will kind of bounce back when you bress on it

REALLY good stuff!!! I think you could play with it... less butter, less sugar (splenda in place of part), if you wanted to
default_yes.gif

Just thought I'd bump this up because I pulled it up to get the recipe (making it again tomorrow morning). It's so easy and good, and in case it could catch anyone's eye who will put it to good use -- here it is again
default_eat.gif

Oh my gosh, I was just telling my mom about it earlier. I might have to make it for my husband again one of these days.
default_smile.png

This does sound good. I like bread pudding but only certain types.....simple. And this looks like a great recipe.

Not that I need to eat this.................
default_whistling.gif

I made it the other day with a diced apple as well as raisins. And some icecream, to keep it all healthy
default_eat.gif
(ha-ha).

I've made this with all different types of bread, and sometimes a few more slices if the bread was thin or small. It's been good each time
default_yes.gif

It would probably be good with diced pecans or almonds, too
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wound of making this last night. Just so happened to have 6 pieces of bread. It was just the way I like bread pudding. Of course I would have wanted a whole stick of butter in it but I made it with self control..........and lots of raisins. Thanks! It was delicious. Now I am going to try a chicken/veggie recipe that you posted.

Latest posts

Back