2013 KpM-Horses.com cams online

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
2013 barncam online (We already had one mini and one 1/2 Arab Appaloosa born this year - both fillies!

Nana is next (our overgrown "mini" mare - aka our Icelandic) she's 340 days today.

http://webcam.kpmcor...:8080/home.html lets you watch one of 4 cameras at a time (change the "Source" pull-down menu)

http://webcam.kpmcor...8080/multi.html lets you watch all 4 cams at the same time!

More mini mares coming up, and a client's palomino pinto gypsy mare coming in this weekend!

Hi and welcome back
default_saludando.gif

Welcome back - thanks for the cam links, everything looking quiet at the moment.
default_yes.gif

Lovely photo of Nana and that cute little tot. Looks like they're both having a ball!

Thanks for the info. All is quiet at the mo, Nana is down resting but Bugs cam is black

Karen where is your phone number??

Last edited by a moderator:
You've had Nana since she was a yearling, haven't you? A while anyway.

Pics of the other new babies? Any silvers?

Nana down sternal resting um not sure what time sorry can't find the clock... lol

love the code she left you! we shall soon see if its right ;)

Nana's been in 1st stage labor since yesterday... it's got to come today to match the date SHE wrote in the stall....
default_please.gif

oh, phone number (951) 734-7307 - please ONLY call if you see a mare DOWN in labor and don't see anyone in the stall for more than 10 or 15 minutes.... we have pagers and stuff and it does take a minute or two to get out to the barn... We generally wait until they're down before we run down there!
default_yes.gif

I posted this on FB this morning....

People are often frustrated with my answers about mares that are due to foal.
"But the books all say.... how can you not know?" - The thing is, I DO
know. I've been foaling mares (mine and other people's) for over 30
years now. I know the books - I've read most of them. I even went to 2
colleges to take horse science classes, I've studied them all my life,
I've lived with them more than half my life. I *KNOW* that once a mare
"waxes" the foal should arrive within 24-48 hours. I know the signs,
I've used the tests... and it STILL all boils down to waiting. Being
available for the problems that can and do happen. Taking
responsibility for the lives in my care. Bottom line is - the mares
don't read the books!

This is Nana's 5th foal (4th for me) - but she's in her 20's now (21 or 22, can't remember off the top of my head) and hasn't been bred for a few years. So it's liable to cook a little longer.... OTOH, she waxed 3 days ago, her milk is nearly opaque and she certainly can't be any LESS due at this point!

Nana is 347 days today

Well as long as she has a safe and easy foaling what is a day or 2 of extra watching. We all know that us girls do things just how and when we want
default_whistling.gif

I will continue to watch her at nights for you as it is day here.

I only get time to watch the cams occasionally throughout the 24 hours, but I notice that Nana is often in her stall when I check during the daytime. Is this so you can keep her safe when you are not around? Just wondering for two reasons - plenty of exercise is so essential for these pregnant girls, as I'm sure you know, but also wondering if Nana is getting the opportunity to get out and have a good roll, perhaps to get baby shifted into the final position for delivery?

I love the fact that she is a 'senior' lady, these golden oldies do produce some wonderful babies and make such good Mommas too.
default_yes.gif

Any chance you have a feeling that she might foal tonight - I for one cant wait to see this baby!!

I've had a feeling she was going to foal for the last 3 nights.... see where it gets me?

Nana's in her stall so people can watch... she gets out to graze and roll and walk around a couple of times a day when we're cleaning her stall. She prefers not to move if given the choice!
default_whistling.gif

Today is hot, so we opened the door to the in and out and she is staying IN on her own!

I do like those mares who organise themselves to suit their own agenda!! As long as she has outside access then she can please herself - a happy brood mare is a healthy brood mare!
default_yes.gif

Back