side dish suggestions needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Karl's coonhunters club is having a fish fry.I need suggestions for some side dishes that can be served buffet style. Already have mac&cheese,scalloped potatoes, green bean cassarole, deviled eggs, corn bread, Thought about stewed tomatoes put in crock pot to keep warm Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Have to cook at home and transport since clubhouse kitchen is not very large There are usually 100 or more people depending on the weather(lots of farmers so depends on what they are doing in the fields) Thanks

All of that sounds good!! Around here a fish fry isn't a fish fry without cole slaw, french fries, cheese grits and hush puppies! you can do some cheese grits in a small crock pot? course the last time I crossed the mason dixon line grits kind of disappeared from the menu lol!

Debby said what I would have said as far as cole slaw. Here in the south it is understood that a fish fry has cole slaw and plenty of chilled onions (white, red, green onion). I repeat chilled onions.

Here is something I make in addition to cole slaw or instead of cole slaw.

Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad (with cole slaw dressing)

Wash broccoli and cauliflower. Chop the florets into chunks. Add some chopped onion. (I use white).

Whoop up some cole slaw dressing. (mayo with a couple of spoonfuls of both vinegar and sugar)

Pour the dressing over the salad and refrigerate. I like it best if it is made the day before.

Latest posts

Back