Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks so good.

I would use the thinner border. If you want to use up some of the scraps of fabric you could do another border of leftover print material in random small squares. Or triangles but I would do them with every other triangle solid (maybe brown) so the print material (or matching fabric that goes with the colors in the blocks) triangles would stand out. Hope you can picture what I mean. And then add a solid color binding.

I know you will figure it out and it will look like you planned it that way from the start. I am always running out of something and having to stop and plan again,

Lois

I do have more of one of the horse prints, the grey background with bay horses, and that might work as an outer border. most of these fabrics were just FQs, so not much to work with (and all FQs were cut into 6" squares, so no bigger pieces of those left).

I do understand what you are saying, but I don't know if I want to do that much work on this quilt. I'm trying to keep it simple, but we'll see once I have the thin border on, I might change my mind.

Thanks.

This is fun seeing everyone's projects and giving me inspiration to get going on another.

As for 'angry quilts' I have one top I put away in the closet years ago because I erred and cut some triangles on the wrong grain and it all went so badly don't know if I will ever finish it..................I wish I had a nickel for every stitch I have ever ripped out!

You have a jewel there waiting for patience to rip out the things you don't like about it.

I am terrible about I can't start another until I finish "X". I do have one twin size quilt, that is beautiful, just can't get into hand quilting here. Maybe when we get back to Virginia, I will get it done. I started it 30 some years ago and have moved it with us each time we move but haven't worked on it. It is totally pieced and over 50% quilted. Thank goodness, I didn't start with the "have to finish X" back then! I don't even have a twin size bed to put it on now.

Lois

hahaha! I'm the queen of starting a few projects at a time and not finishing them until later!! LOL!! I put the "angry quilts" away(they made me fuzzy just looking at them!!) and started on the jelly rolls I just bought. Looks good so far and a lot easier then I thought. I also went through my scraps and made a HUGE top full of colors and textures! It was so fun! No rules! Cut and sew, and if it fit it went in there! It's LOUD and does not match at all, it was sooo fun to piece!!! But that's not done either!! LOL!!

Finished a baby quilt today. I made two of these. The first one I made for my granddaughter and this one just sat for a few months while I looked for the right material for the binding.

PoniesQuilt1.jpg

PoniesQuilt2.jpg

PoniesQuilt3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! Just look at all the wonderful things!!!! So much talent!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

That's very pretty! What colors were in the first one? I only ask because this looks so nice!!
default_thumbup.gif
That horsey fabric is so cute!

It was almost identical. I think the blocks were in a little different order and the back was a different fabric. These are fun to make. The Desert Pony Blocks are no longer available unless you find someone who bought them and wants to sell them from their stash. Last year I did find some on eBay but they are hard to find. The lady, Edith Ellen, who designed and sold them died last year. She also made cat ones and fairy ones that I have made for my other granddaughters. My grandson's also got matching pony quilts last year.

CorisPonyQuilt1.jpg

CorisPonyQuilt2.jpg

GusNoahPonyQuilts.jpg

GusNoahQuilts2.jpg

Been working for quite a while on this costume for this year. Have the horse part mostly done. This is the face part and he will have little feet too (that's what is next to the face in the picture). Next step is for the kid but need to wait to see if she grows more.

2013-02-26T10-07-18_0.jpg

Looking good. Your artistry shows!

Lois

Lois, that one is so bright and cheery. Don't slack off too much, Mother's Day will be here before you know it.

Finished with the little horse quilt, just used the narrow border and put a binding on in a slightly darker brown. I'll try to get a finished pic.

And, I just finished up this little tablerunner (well, almost, just two quick stitch lines to finish):

10-minute tablerunner - pansy.jpg

Just finished piecing this lap quilt top. It almost sewed itself. Think I will wait awhile before I finish it. It is a Mother's Day present so I have lots of time.

CharlottesLapQuilt1.jpg

CharlottesLapQuilt2.jpg
This is sooo sweet! I would have been drawn to that birdy fabric but would have been stumped how to show off those little cuties. It's perfect!

Finished with the little horse quilt, just used the narrow border and put a binding on in a slightly darker brown. I'll try to get a finished pic.

And, I just finished up this little tablerunner (well, almost, just two quick stitch lines to finish):

attachicon.gif
10-minute tablerunner - pansy.jpg
This reminds me of Spring! I zoomed in on the pic and it's so pretty! I can picture it on an Easter table!

Chanda, I love your table runner. It is very pretty. Looks so "ready for spring"....very cheery!

I am wanting to make a table runner to match this latest lap quilt. Her table is round so I am thinking of a small one with charm squares and I want to try making mug rugs also. Two things that I have never tried before. I am currently planning a lap quilt with the Troy "Running Wild" panel that I bought from you. I have some gold Believe batik fabric that matches so well but need to order more for the backing fabric for it. I am also trying to determine how to quilt it. I was toying with the idea of a ribbon border, but am going back and forth on that. I have never done this border and don't really have directions for it....so will see.

jacks'thunder, This "little bird" lap quilt was so much fun to plan and make. I took a green plastic page divider and cut it into a template that was a size that allowed me to cut as many of the birds out as I want. I also marked the center of the template with a permanent marker. Because I can see through it, I could easily center the bird for cutting, used a disappearing ink pencil to mark the lines to cut them out and cut out where I needed. I have some scraps that are large enough to use later on something else. None of the birds will be wasted by cutting into them, although the next row of birds may be cut smaller for the mug rugs.

Lois

Chandab, love the table runner. My friend and I are both nutty over pansies.

Charley,

I love the little bird quilt. Everything matches so well. Keep posting, I love to see other people's stuff. It inspires me to get quilting.

Back