What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had pizza last night too. Tonight we had my version of "Southwest Chicken White Chili" (for 2-3) 2-15 oz. cans of Bush Great Northern Beans (dump it all in) I-Lg. can chunk white chicken breast (like Swanson) Pepper to taste 1 teasp. cilantro (dried) 1 teasp. cumin (powdered). Smash some of the beans. Stir. Heat slowly. Just before serving, mix about 1 Tablesp. of cornstarch with enough water to make a "soup" of it. Add to bean mixture. Stir til thickened some. Serve. Good with cornbread on the side.

I usually cook something every night, we hardly ever go out, but, I have s colicy horse I need to keep an eye on and hubby is working on firewood for the winter. Busy little ants stocking up for winter around here. Anyhow, we are having good old fashioned hot dogs and beans! Yes beans out of a can, not home made. Actually looking forward to this.

I also love beans and franks
default_eat.gif

Had pizza last night too. Tonight we had my version of "Southwest Chicken White Chili" (for 2-3) 2-15 oz. cans of Bush Great Northern Beans (dump it all in) I-Lg. can chunk white chicken breast (like Swanson) Pepper to taste 1 teasp. cilantro (dried) 1 teasp. cumin (powdered). Smash some of the beans. Stir. Heat slowly. Just before serving, mix about 1 Tablesp. of cornstarch with enough water to make a "soup" of it. Add to bean mixture. Stir til thickened some. Serve. Good with cornbread on the side.
I love White Chili also. I always add green chiles. I have not tried cilantro in it, but now I will. Thanks.

The only reason I don't add chiles is that I have IBS, so that's a little too spicy. But the cumin and cilantro gives it a nice SW taste; I also add pepper for a bit more bite. I actually don't really measure, just eyeball it most of the time. It can be adjusted to taste.

I also make my husband pork chops and beans. I do the oven 350. Put the chops in a baking dish. Add Bush pork and beans (whatever style you like) over the top (and any extras you like, such as more brown sugar and mustard, or whatever), then bake.

Chicken and rice for supper tonight. No recipe, just throwing the chicken in the oven (boneless breasts) til cooked and throwing some white rice on the stove (hubby won't eat brown rice) plus peas.

I got a pork roast today that I look forward to later this week. Tonight... totally lazy, again. Carryout pizza (will be good for breakfast or lunch as well tomorrow, though!).

I always forget to put anything out to thaw it seems. Tonight I was to lazy to micro-defrost too. So I made (organic) mac and cheese with tiny minced ham in it and added peas to mine (hubby's peas separate-he hates peas in with the rest).

He was cooking tonight too, for a potluck at his job tomorrow. One of his favorite dishes that came on a Leanin' Tree Birthday card I gave him one year (funny-tomorrow's his birthday!) Here it is:

COWBOY BUBBLE BATH

(durn tootin')

1 Lb. Bacon

(hubby sometimes adds 1 Lb. of cooked ground beef too)

3 Jalapeno peppers-finely chopped

1 each: green, red, and yellow Bell peppers, chopped

2 large onions, chopped

2-15 oz. cans Kidney beans

2-15 oz. cans Great Northern or Navy beans

1-15 oz. can Black beans

1-15 oz. can Pinto beans

1-15 oz. can Butter beans

1/2 cup dark Molasses

1 Tablespoon liquid smoke

Salt and Pepper to taste

Crisp bacon in a very large Dutch oven (or large skillet if oven baking). Crumble and set aside. Pour off excess fat and lightly fry all peppers and onion in about 2 Tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Partially drain all beans and save the drained liquid to add to the beans later, if necessary. Combine all the ingrediants in the Dutch oven (or in a large roasting pan if baking). Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours. If stovetop, simmer 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Can also cook in a very large crockpot on LOW for 6-8 hours.

LOL! That sounds really good but I might need to make it when I don't have client appointments looming!
default_biggrin.png

It makes quite a lot too! But it freezes pretty well too. Yeah, with IBS, I can't really eat it, just a taste. I just love the name/title! Tickles me! Old open range cowboys must have been a noisy bunch LOL!!!

Here tonight for us it is meat loaf, potatoes and carrots, then I can take the left overs and make slow cooker chili tomorrow.

Oh! I will have to remember to make a bigger meatloaf and do the slow cooker chili ! Tonight is my husband's birthday. Our son (32) wanted to take us out for his birthday, but he started a from-scratch cheesecake for his work tomorrow and then remembered it takes 1 1/2 hours to bake! So he is going to get carry-out Lasagna (mostocolli for me) and bread from a GREAT italian restaraunt for us all! Yummm!

Add on: Turns out the cheesecake wasn't for my son's work; it was my husband's Birthday dessert, with cherries on top. Nice to have a son that's a good cook! He'll be doing pulled pork in his smoker for a party we will have in October.

This is a fun thread! Love reading everyone's meals-and it gives me ideas for us too. Tonight was BBQ's (the hamburger with brown sugar, mustard, katsup and worchestershire sauce kind), homemade "cottage fries" (round french fries) in the oven, and french cut green beans. There's still some leftover cherry cheesecake too.

I have sweet italian sausage out for tomorrow night; but I am not sure what to do with it (besides cook and slap em in buns). Recipes anybody?

For your sausage, I like to cut mine in round slices, and cook with onions, any kind of peppers, any type of squash, any left over veggies, just throw it all in my cast iron skillet, serve over rice or noodles.

Tonight we are having pork chops, rice and black eyed peas. Since I have tomatoes comeing out of my ears, I'm going to start a sauce around one and use up some hot peppers that I need to use up before they go bad. The guys will like to use that on top of their chops.

Latest posts

Back