What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
What is on your menu for dinner tonight?
default_smile.png

Tonight, our dinner is a recipe based on one that I got right here on LB from" dixie_belle "
default_yes.gif

What I did, based on her recipe...

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole:

• 1 large boneless / skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1.5 cups of broccoli florets (or other veggie that you like)
  • 1 can Creamy soup (your choice)
  • 1/4 cup cooking sherry
  • 8oz cheese (swiss for us -- use what your like)
  • 2 tbs minced onion
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine broccoli or your other choice of veggie, minced onion (if you like it!), condensed canned soup (cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cheddar cheese or whatever you prefer), and raw chicken breast or thighs that you have cut into bit size pieces
  2. Pour the above into a casserole dish that you have sprayed with cooking spray (ie,Pam)
  3. Top this mixture with your choice of cheese
  4. Prepare "Stove Top" or other stuffing mix as per the package, then spoon this over your mixture that you toped with cheese
  5. Back approximately 1hr on 350
  6. ENJOY
We're eating this with peas and carrots and apple sauce (I used unsweetened apple sauce +splenda + equal + cinnamon + a dash of salt) on the side. Feel like I could eat it now
default_eat.gif

SOOOOO... what do you plan to fix and enjoy for tonight's dinner???

I'm going to make stuffed chicken breasts
default_yes.gif

Stuffing:

Fresh baby spinach - steamed & chopped

Fresh lemon juice

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Pine nuts, chopped

Fat free feta cheese

Mrs. Dash's original blend seasoning

Fresh ground pepper.

Mix stuffing together, set aside. Season outside of chicken breast with Mrs. Dash's and fresh ground pepper. Make an opening in the chicken breast for the stuffing (cut about 2/3 through), then stuff with spinach stuffing. Cook 350 for about 30-45 minutes.

Healthy, low calorie, low sodium and YUMMY!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom usually makes a big meal (including a meat [beef/ham/chicken/venison], two sides [usually mashed potatoes and corn or green beans], buns/bread, and sometimes dessert) Or she'll make soup/pasta with garlic bread etc. We have a big family so she makes alot. Usual slow cooker meals and she makes supper like this every week day besides friday, and for dinner/lunch on sunday. She's sick right now though, so tonight we're havin pizza! ;)

What is on your menu for dinner tonight?
default_smile.png

Tonight, our dinner is a recipe based on one that I got right here on LB from" dixie_belle "
default_yes.gif

What I did, based on her recipe...

Chicken & Stuffing Casserole:

• 1 large boneless / skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1.5 cups of broccoli florets (or other veggie that you like)
  • 1 can Creamy soup (your choice)
  • 1/4 cup cooking sherry
  • 8oz cheese (swiss for us -- use what your like)
  • 2 tbs minced onion
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine broccoli or your other choice of veggie, minced onion (if you like it!), condensed canned soup (cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, cheddar cheese or whatever you prefer), and raw chicken breast or thighs that you have cut into bit size pieces
  2. Pour the above into a casserole dish that you have sprayed with cooking spray (ie,Pam)
  3. Top this mixture with your choice of cheese
  4. Prepare "Stove Top" or other stuffing mix as per the package, then spoon this over your mixture that you toped with cheese
  5. Back approximately 1hr on 350
  6. ENJOY
We're eating this with peas and carrots and apple sauce (I used unsweetened apple sauce +splenda + equal + cinnamon + a dash of salt) on the side. Feel like I could eat it now
default_eat.gif

SOOOOO... what do you plan to fix and enjoy for tonight's dinner???

THIS is up again tonight! Lately, I have been sending dinners over to a friend and hoping she will like it as much as H and I do!!!
default_eat.gif

I harvested a bunch of tomatoes from my garden so I am having my preacher and his wife over for meatballs and spaghetti (made from scratch by yours truly). I decided to use ground turkey instead of ground beef because it's a tad better for us and they'll probably never notice. I skinned the tomatoes and then I've been stewing them down since 10:00 this morning. I added the cooked meatballs about an hour ago so they'll be really flavorable by 5:00. And I'll have some garlic bread with it and some home made blueberry coffee cake for dessert.

The house smells soooooo good. They better be plenty hungry because I made a lot. (I wanted to use all the tomatoes because a bunch more are getting ripe.)

Today, I'm going to put in a version of a cola pot roast with lots of Vidalia onions. Making some egg noodles and peas & carrots to go with it. I wish I had it ready NOW! Hungry enough to eat it even though it's early morning (got up at 1am, urgh...)
default_eat.gif

Well this one will be a first for me. I have zuccinni, yellow squash and tomatoes coming out of my ears I'm always looking for a new recipt. So tonight I'm fixing Romen noodles chicken flavor, with chopped veggies added. We'll see how it tastes. Really could go without all the salt, but whatever it sounds easy and quick.

I had supper with m daughter tonight it feels weird not to cook but it was soooo good! she made a really delicious pork loin roast and some garlic mashed potatoes.

HEALTHY SWEET AND SPICY PEANUT PASTA STIR FRY

10 oz whole wheat thin spaghetti

1 tsp grated orange zest

2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice

1/2 tsp stevia

6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce

2 tbsp cider vinegar

2 tsp grated peeled gingerroot

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

1 c dry roasted unsalted peanuts

2 tsp toasted sesame oil

4 c small broccoli florets (make sure no larger than 3/4")

2 medium carrots cut into matchstick strips

1 large onion cut into 1" strips

1. Cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain. Set aside.

2. In small bowl whisk orange zest, orange juice, stevia, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger root, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.

3.. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the peanuts for 2 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a plate.

4. In same skillet heat the oil, swirling to coat bottom. Cook broccoli, carrot, onion, and bell pepper for 6 minutes. Transfer to large bowl, stir in pasta and peanuts. Cover to keep warm.

5. In same skillet heat the orange juice mixture over medium heat to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

6. Pour over pasta mixture. Stir to blend. Enjoy your healthy meal!

ALL these things sound wonderful! For us tonight, it's a "take and bake" pizza with everything, green beans, and a tossed salad.

We had pizza last night, although we went out for it (we were going to have it at home, but Shayne decided we should go out).

Tonight, it's going to be oven BBQ chicken thighs, mixed veggies and probably rice-a-roni.

I have a fridge full of left-overs to work with, so tonight will probably be Bisquick chicken pot pie; then I have enough cooked hamburger to make spaghetti or pasta hotdish for 2-3 meals at least.

Do you have a recipe for the pot pie? I love pot pie!!!
I got it off the Bisquick box, its called Easy Chicken Pot pie. Its not a full crust, but we find it to be very good. If you don't have Bisquick handy, or its not on your box, let me know and I'll send you the recipe.

It sounds good, because pot pie always sounds good!!! I'm looking now................. Does this look about right? I'm ready to eat it anytime
default_biggrin.png

Easy Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 2/3 cups frozen vegetables, thawed
  • 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use low sodium)
  • 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix (regular Bisquick will work too)
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk or 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Mix chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup together and spread into bottom of non greased 9-inch round glass pie pan.
  3. Mix remaining ingredients (Bisquick, milk and egg) and pour on top of chicken mixture.
  4. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.

Yep, that's it. I usually end up using a can of no salt added mixed veggies (well drained) cause Shayne doesn't like how crunchy/firm frozen green beans are. And, more often than not, I end up using cream of mushroom soup cause its always in the cupboard. Didn't know they made reduced fat Bisquick, my recipe came off the regular box, so uses regular milk and Bisquick. We love it. I've even made beef pot pie with left-over cut up roast beef and it turns out good too.

I love, love bisquick chicken pot pie, you know you can also make beef pot pie the same way using the mushroom soup or your own home made gravy. It's a great meal to make easy fast filling and warm, did I forget comforting.

For tonight, since I'm running low on groceries, go tomorrow, I'm having mystery meat! Well it is either hamburger or sausage, got it out of the freezer and it wasn't marked. I'm roasting some home grown tomatoes and zuccinni in the oven with parm cheese. I'll brown the mystery meat, drain add to the top, serve over rice. Sometimes my day before grocery day meals turn out tasting really good, hope this one does. Just had blood work down and my chlestoral is good, you would think that meals like this would put it over the top. Also good thing I'm happy with myself, cause meals like this just make me more fluffy.

Latest posts

Back