Huybers Utopia - Nellie and Ladybug Due early to mid april

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4.40 am and Marcella is cast. Calling Amanda now

yippeeeee clever girl got herself up just as I was dialling

Last edited by a moderator:
Amanda what on earth are you doing in there at this time??? did you see her cast? Go straight back to sleep and leave her to me
out.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

LOL Renee. A watcher on Marewatchers had called me to tell me she was cast so I was on my way out to the barn when your call came through. She was up before I got there though. This tells me she is getting close as she did the same thing to me on day 309 last year and foaled on day 316. So I'm hoping she's just getting the little filly all lined up
default_smile.png

I always panic when I see a horse cast due to my years with show jumpers, they are huge and boy are they stupid! I risked my life everytime I went in to get one up. It has taken me a long time to learn that minis are so much smarter and often manage to wiggle themselves free. Marcella just laid quietly for a while then she put a front leg on the wall and pushed herself away. Such a clever girl!
default_smile.png

Oh and yes I agree about her sorting baby out cos she rolled several times last night
default_smile.png

Yay for rolling and sorting things out. We want that filly all lined up and ready to go. Marcella's udder was slighlty bigger again today, still not huge or tight but she is making slow progress and that is fine by me.

While getting cast is always scary, their smaller body weight seems to be helpful for minis, and most I've seen get cast push themselves away from the wall (or whatever) and get up just fine.

She's done it to me 3 times now and managed ok, but I still like to know so I can assess if she caused any damage to herself or baby. She's actually quite calm about it.

That would be scary! I have not seen Rosey cast in the stall yet or even roll in there, but I can tell you that as soon as I let her out of the stall the first thing she does is roll ..... they obviously know what they are doing and she definately is doing alot of it lately and her shape definately shows it. It's nice to see the progress!

All is quiet so far tonight.

5.45 am and she is down sternal resting

6.30am and all quiet.

Renee do you remember Cassie's Suzie and her antics early in the morning, demanding her breakfast. LOL!!

default_new_rofl.gif
yes Anna I do, she was very punctual, you could set your watch by Suzie's hunger pains
default_new_rofl.gif

I see Marcella is in already, are you having bad weather Amanda? She seems quite happy to be there and is resting quietly. See you tonight marcella
default_saludando.gif

Yes Renee, it was pounding down rain from about 11am to 3pm. So I put everyone in and let them dry off a bit. Supposed to rain all night and into tomorrow, so she may be in during hte day tomorrow too. I wish her udder would get a move on. She had a much bigger one by this time last year. But maybe she'll do it all in a hurry. Different stallion than last year, so that could make a difference too. I've got my test strips ready to go, but no milk to test yet
default_sad.png

morning Amanda, I'm ready for the night watch... was hoping to read that she had a massive udder by now... but thats ok we just wait I bet she is going to foal while I'm away next week
default_thud.gif
lol

I hope you guys stay safe in the rain then
default_smile.png

oh and Anna ROFL I don't think anyone could forget Suzie's "breakfast time!" lol she still does it every morning when I come out and Finn neighs to me too funny little creatures

Thanks Cassie. You girls are the only reason I stay sane and healthy through it all. I appreciate everyone watching my girls so much. Thank you, thank you.

Marcella is down sternal early tonight! 8:02pm and she is down resting.

aww no problem Amanda! you know we love you and your girls! Amanda are you watching? that was weird I'm guessing baby was just moving around... lol she had about 4/5 jerks then a roll... baby must be getting ready ;)

she just had a big roll and is back up

Latest posts

Back