On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just LOVE seeing the updates and the GREAT pictures!! Congratulations on all your successes with these precious little ones~!

I am soooooooooo in love with Luna still!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to wrap her up and bring her home *sigh*

everyone looks stunning Mary! love all of your mini's so very much! love seeing your updates on Facebook, their recent hoon was hilarious! loved every minute!

Luna, you want to come travel the seas to live with me? lol don't worry Mary I don't think I could ever import an animal, I just couldn't stand them being in the plane/ boat for so long then coming to a new land where everything is different, I have a friend who has just bought a yearling colt (he is STUNNING is a riding pony colt) and he came all the way from England! a yearling!!! couldn't do it lol but you all know I'm a big softy hehe.

my laptop is about to die so I'll stop rambling, thanks for the updates! give your beautiful munchkins lots of carrots and snuggles from Aunty Cassie, especially Luna! she will always be my fave! <3 <3

While I was doing a Rusty update on the main forum I thought I would bring you up to date on our 2012 and 2013 foals. Bunny (2012 filly born on Easter) and Jake (2013 colt now gelded) have been shown twice this year and have done fantastic. Bunny is showing in halter, showmanship and trail while Jake is doing halter and trail - and both are placing well! At last week's show, Bunny who is just over 33" so can't be shown AMHA yet, was shown in VSE (Very Small Equine) halter and ended up with one Grand and one Reserve Grand. Jake ended up Reserve Junior Champion Gelding under one judge in very tough competition that included a Billy Idol son.

Bunny is the gray pinto and Jake is the silver bay pinto. We adore ALL our Buckshot foals but have not shown Clyde nor Luna yet. Buckshot has been gelded.

20140525-bunny-halter-3.jpg

20140525-jake-posing-1.jpg

Oh my goodness, there they are all 'growed up'!! They are both looking fantastic Mary - Bunny's colour is just gorgeous. Many congratulations on your successes at the show and thank you soooooooooooooo much for bringing us up to date - can we have some pics of the others please?

OMG! They are just fabulous Mary!!! And CONGRATULATIONS to you on all their wins and successes! It's so nice to see our babies all grown up!!!!

Thank you so much for the pictures!! And even more are appreciated, as you know how we love the pictures.

How is it going with all you 4-Hers?

Thank you all! Funny you should mention Bunny's color... I purposely did not clip her for that show because I think if I did she would be nearly white. I love her color too, but alas, it won't last! But she is doing great and even starting her driving training. Here are Luna (B/W) moving and posing, plus Clyde (bay/white) and Bunny in driving training. Clyde needs to be clipped! Thanks for asking.

ETA: The 4-Hers are doing great - they also did 3 of the 4 shows we did in the past month! Two of them are already interested in Luna and Clyde as projects for next year, but I don't think I want to share Bunny and Jake just yet.

Luna_moving_4_18.jpg

P1160424.JPG

Clyde_c.jpg

L1000185.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand completely. They are so special to us Mary, and we just LOVE hearing more about them, and seeing the wonderful pictures of all of them!

Just ran across this and realized there are people who don't see our updates on Facebook. Bunny and Clyde (the 2012 foals) were hooked to a plastic sled for the first time yesterday. (Bunny's photo is from another day; Clyde's was yesterday). Yearling Jake and I participated in a Horse Agility Clinic at the MA Equine Affaire, and Luna mostly just trots around looking gorgeous or poses for holiday pictures. And Rusty continues to improve and look adorable (with his 4-Her).

Happy Holidays everyone.

Bunny_N_10_31_1.jpg

Clyde_sled.jpg

Cones_2.jpg

20141130-luna-xmas-bust-02.jpg

Rusty_Kiera_xmas.jpg

OMG Mary! They are looking fabulous, and I'm so glad you updated us. I don't do FB, so this is genuinely a PLEASURE!!!

They look wonderful Mary.
default_smile.png

New forum members probably have NO idea of the troubles we had with breeding and how many YEARS it took for our first live foal (who then died before the age of 2). But the six that did survive have been worth it (one was sold to someone in town). We are SO proud of our home-bred foals! At our last show in October, yearling Jake took Reserve high point in the Youngster Division ( 4 classes) and 2 year old Bunny was High Point in the In Hand Division since I couldn't show them both in the Youngster Division. Bunny tied for High Point mini at the show before that.

They all look wonderful Mary. Like Diane, I dont do FB either so a HUGE THANK YOU for the pictures and the news about their progress and successes - congratulations. Here on the forum we have been thrilled and honoured to share the arrival of these special babies with you and now to see updated pictures of them as they grow on to lead useful and active lives is just perfect. Again thank you.
default_yes.gif

Back