On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of trivia about Peter - his son Phillip Conserva is a long-time producer of the original CSI and actually directed the most recent episode. So Peter is a proud Papa!!

And Peter is super - he broke his leg in the middle of putting an old horse down and the owners helped splint his leg, put him on a blanket and dragged him closer so he could finish the job and not leave the mare in more pain.

Mary-I just love that you are posting pics of the progress of your mares...what a fantastic learning tool. I also love your pics of driving training, something I know nothing about but want desperately to learn. So I will be studying these.

Hi Mary, So much for the no more breeding
default_risa_suelos.gif
I am signing up for my duties and am officially back on board and ready to watch your gorgeous girls delivery their healthy babies.
default_thumbup.gif

I have been away for quite awhile and I see some crazy person has promoted Diane to Board leader, I guess I better behave
default_whistling.gif

Hugs from a far

Renee

Last edited by a moderator:
Renee - SO glad to see you back. You were missed. Have you seen the updated 2012 foal (now YEARLING) pics that I posted on last years thread? And, yes, so much for not breeding again, but we just ADORE these yearlings.

Yes Mary I have and I can't decide which one I will try and sneak in my bag when I come and visit
default_whistling.gif
They sure are adorable and they look the picture of health and mischief.

Great to have you back Renee - perfectly timed for you to do 'catch up' and to be ready to help with the mare watching for the girls lining up to foal. I'm looking forward to the familiar long night chats, the fun and the jokes that seem to make up the Nutty Nursery - all we need now is Heidi to return with her wonderful lyrics, Cassie too - where is Cassie, has anyone heard from her lately?

Can't wait for your mares to foal Mary - last year's babies were all so gorgeous, I'm so excited to see what 'appears' this time, especially with the new little girl.
default_yes.gif

Anna - Our new "little" girl - if you mean Dancer - is not so little. She and Toffee are both at about the AMHA limit of 34", which is GREAT when you want to make driving horses, as we do. They both have phenomenal movement, but very different. Just nervous about Dancer being a maiden of course.

Ah yes, that's who I meant, Dancer - my elderly brain has a real problem remembering names most of the time, and when you are in the middle of posting, having 'blank' moments can be really annoying (but not quite as embarrassing as using the wrong name!) LOL!!

I'm new to the forum, though I've been here and there on it over the last couple of months. This topic is what finally got me to sign up as I also have a mare due in April. She's my first mini. Her name is TBD Sweet Lady Rosie O’Grady. I call her Sadie. Her papers say she's 37 inches, though she is a little taller. I bred her to a 32.5 inch son of Little Kings Russian Revelation for a smaller foal to show, drive, and love to death.

From what I've been able to find out, she's a maiden mare. My mom gave her to me, because she was too much for my mom. I was just going to sell her, but my then 2yo son fell head over heals in love with her. She is now 13 yo, and panics if hooked up to a cart. She used to be driven, but she had a horrible experience and will require lots of slow work with her to get her back to doing it. She is just a pet to us and I adore her.

The woman that had her before my mom had two studs, but never bred her the five years she had her due to the fact that she didn't like her temperament either. In that regards, I have a stall with constant turnout, and I let her out just about every time she asks. She became a saint for me until she got pregnant. She never bit, kicked, or bucked. Three weeks after being bred, she tried to kick the tar out of me and later my car. She bucked my son off and bites often. It's crazy. Her coat color also changed even though she had already shed totally out... She went from a chestnut to a liver chestnut. She has turned back into a chestnut. She has turned back into a saint. I will really have to watch out for her when the baby is born of being too protective.

I used to think that minis were a waste, a complete waste. However, I had trained my Arab to drive and my mom had bought a mini to drive. I thought she was crazy. I don't anymore. I prefer to drive the mini as they are slower and I feel safer. I am very aware that they are as strong as an ox and not to take their size for granted. My mom still has that mini and I even drove him on Saturday.

I am now TOTALLY hooked on a mini! My husband says four is my limit. I've even thought of giving up the big horse entirely and staying with a mini. I've had the Arab for ten years since she was weaned, so it won't actually happen, but the thought often goes through my mind. Minis are SOOOO satisfying!

Oh, here's pictures of her pregnant belly... I don't know why one image is so huge. I've never posted a photo to a forum before, but I'll get the hang of it eventually.

She's 254 days pregnant here (about 8 mos). My avatar is her prepregnant.

426381_10200651771682658_1040243780_n.jpg
542775_10200651767602556_646191340_n.jpg

Welcome to the forum Gone_Riding, I am sure you will have lots of fun here as we are all mini mad
default_yes.gif
Make sure you make your own thread once your mare gets close to foaling as we would love to share in the experience. There are plenty of experienced people here that are always willing to help. P.S what is your name?

As to your mares mood swings that is quite normal during pregnancy, some real stand offish mares turn all loving towards the last stage, you just have to be a little careful with small children around them. My son found that out the hard way
default_thumbdown.gif

Once again Welcome

My name's Viola. And thank you. I know this board will be a real asset for me! Oh, and Sadie leads back to Arenosa blood and is even related to my Arab! She's registered with AMHR. Size B? I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos of the 2 mares from 2/9 & 2/10, but mostly the 2012 foals playing in the snow. A very dirty Dancer who got groomed later.

P1070871.JPG

P1070900.JPG

Clyde_snow.jpg

P1070897.JPG

P1070898.JPG

Oh wow, that is some serious snow you have there Mary
default_new_shocked.gif
Looks like the kids are having fun though
default_yes.gif

Thanks for sharing the great pics
default_thumbup.gif

aww such cute pictures!! I wish we had snow it makes the best pictures and looks like they have a lot of fun
default_smile.png

I'm glad I don't have snow like that, but it'd sure be fun to sled in! They still seem to be enjoying themselves!

Welcome back Mary! so glad to see you back on board with Toffee again (who we love so very dearly) and your beautiful little Dancer!! <3

so excited for this foaling season and you know we will be glued to your camera screen
default_yes.gif

how are your other little babies going? I bet Bunny must be almost completley white by now is she? loved that little filly so much!

Hi Cassie- That is Bunny in the lower left photo of post #41 above. She still has some color! I just love her and am looking forward to having her (I hope) follow in Princess's footsteps at the Pinto shows. And that is tiny Snappy next to her and Clyde in upper right. We plan to show all three this year.

Latest posts

Back