PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From yesterday.

2013october15thhorses 002.JPG

2013october15thhorses 003.JPG

One thing about Angel is she's a talker. She calls to me every time she sees me and has lots to say to me when we're outside before. Never had the other fillies be so vocal.

I LOVE when they do that~! Just makes you feel so good when you go out, to have a little one so happy to see you and let you know how happy she is!

She's gonna' spoil you rotten!! LOL

Oh she is just such a poppet - and I love the name!
default_yes.gif

Well, I'm here for advice. How long can a mini stay pregnant? I pulled Silver's stud report and last day she was pastured with the stallion was October 11th. She was confirmed by ultrasound and then I did the Wee Foal test and she looks pregnant as opposed to fat but I'm starting to wonder. There is no way she could have slipped a full term foal without my knowing as I've been watching her like a hawk. Any thoughts? Can you have false positives? She is 15 and this would be her first foal.

How many days along is she? We had a maiden mare go 354 days this year!! He was ready to pull a cart.LOL He's going to be tall. His dam is 30" and his sire is 30.5". He's expected to mature between 34-36".

I think it was Matt that had one go 372 days, not common but it can happen.

Sorry but cant remember - did you buy her pregnant or did you arrange the covering?

She was pregnant when I bought her and she arrived here in January. Ultrasound had confirmed her pregnant and I reconfirmed early summer I think with the Wee Foal. She was pastured with the stud from late August to October 11th.

Here's pictures from this morning. Sorry my camera is almost broken so photos aren't very good.

2013october20thsilver 001.JPG

2013october20thsilver 002.JPG

2013october20thsilver 005.JPG

2013october20thsilver 006.JPG

This is the one photo that makes me think she's pregnant because she does have that lopsided belly.

2013october20thsilver 014.JPG

Thoughts? She's eating well, poop is solid and is acting as though she feels great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanda, I remember Matt saying he had one go 372 days. So, here's crossed fingers. Was she around any other stallion after October 11th, where she could had snuck in a rendevous?

Diane, I could find out. Definitely not when she came here in January as there were no stallions here
default_yes.gif

Is there any possibility that the folks you got her from were not being quite truthful? I mean that if they had said that she might be foaling around Christmas time, you might not have been so keen to buy her - not such a good time to have a foal born with all the family activities going on let alone the weather if you live in the northern hemisphere?

Like Diane, for a maiden mare Silver certainly looks pregnant to me, just not quite ready enough to foal yet??

Anna, the people I bought her from are very honest. Could be a mix up on the stallion report and maybe it should be November 11th. I know that's easy to do with pasture breeding and filling out reports. She looks pregnant to me as well because she's so lopsided. I'm going to let this go on for another week and then get my vet out to check her.

Thanks all for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Nothing has happened and I'm positive at this point there will be no foal for Silver. As she will be 16 in the spring and is a maiden, I'm officially retiring Silver.

Silver is a dear, sweet mare and right now she's helping Wish. Wish gets anxious if she can't see Silver so in a way she's a surrogate mom to Angel. Anyway, I'm going to close out my foaling thread for the year and I'll see all of you in a few months when Madeline is farther along. I'm not going to be checking the boards until later this winter but you can always message me. Thanks so much for all your help and advice and I'm looking forward to next year. Here's some pictures of Angel from the other day.

2013october23rdhorsespigs 005.JPG

2013october23rdhorsespigs 002.JPG

2013october23rdhorsespigs 003.JPG

Thanks everyone for 3 gorgeous, healthy fillies. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you drop back in with a few update pictures of the 'growing' little ones! We will miss you and will be looking forward to having you return!!!

That is one gorgeous girl!!

Oh, sorry to see you go, we will miss you - roll on next year. Have a good winter 'break' and all the best for Christmas and the New Year!!

Please pop back on with updates of your growing fillies. You know how we love photos. Hmm, maybe I should post some new ones?? I am assuming you know your mare and the breeding dates, but I guess I would want some type of confirmation before I gave up. Been there, done that, and had a vet do an external U/S in 2007 to confirm that our mare that had earlier been U/S in foal was no longer in foal. Removed any doubt. Sounds like you will be back on here soon for next year anyway. Wishing you a great foaling season in 2014!

Latest posts

Back