PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about older horses. The ones I have are wonderful as well and I love how much they know.

Thanks everyone. I'm so honored to have them and they make my life happy. They have been here a short time but already they call to me when they hear me open the door to my house (barn is close) and they follow me everywhere. I think babies are beautiful but there's something so moving about an older horse who has had a long life and is sharing that maturity with you. Gee, I get misty eyed thinking about it.

I couldn't agree more and let me say what gorgeous horses you have. No wonder you are so excited to see these babies
default_smile.png
the last month just seems to drag out for me but having the nutty aunties here helps to pass the time.

Wishing you all the best for a safe and easy foaling.

Renee

I'm another one who loves the 'golden oldies' they are the best! I have several in the 20-23 range at the moment and our oldest 'home bred' will be 18 this year, and the pics below are of my two eldest enjoying their time out together in the snow - smallest is 25 and the larger girl is 29.

Bless them all!!

Jan 028.jpgJan 029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so thrilled to see all the older horses. I get discouraged when I see so many horses changing homes over and over again to have a foal for a farm and move on. Thank you so much Ladies. You've made my day.

They are fabulous Diane - and I'm sure they know it!
default_hypocrite.gif

Diane thanks for sharing your "young" ladies, they are adorable. They are so lucky to have you
default_yes.gif
I thought I was ready to come back and join in but seeing everyone's chips makes me realize how much I miss mine. Britt and Eagle were so very special to me, I miss them the most
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Look to the future my friend - time will get you all back together again, I just know it!
default_yes.gif

Oh, Renee, I'm so sorry. I lost my 15 year old golden retriever and then my 14 year old golden fairly close together and it still hurts. Hugs to you.

This is nothing as exciting as what's going on in Eagle Ring Farm's thread (love those babies!!) but here is Sweetwater's Commitment. Sweetie is about 270 days. She'll be 15 in June.

2013feb10thbellies 001.JPG

2013feb10thbellies 003.JPG

2013feb10thbellies 004.JPG

Nothing going on underneath. I even crawled under her to check. I dropped my camera in the snow and forgot to wipe the lens.

Here's Raven. She's at 285 days now. I think she looks a lot more dropped and bigger in person than in these pictures. Thoughts?

2012feb15thbabies 005.JPG

2012feb15thbabies 007.JPG

2012feb15thbabies 010.JPG

Diane,

I have almost a match to your Granada (although mine is probably taller), and she's my senior mare at 18 years old. Pic is 5 years old, but it shows almost the same view as yours:

HOney - aug 19, 2008 - right looking.jpg

Unfortunately, she's also my mare with laminitis issues (farrier about had her right before he quit me) and now arthritis (somewhat comfortable with supplements).

I need some advice. My mare, Sweetie, is supposedly 330 days on April 15th but I'm wondering if I have the wrong dates? She looks ready to pop these past couple of days. Here's the pictures.

2013feb25thsweetie 002.JPG

2013feb25thsweetie 004.JPG

2013feb25thsweetie 012.JPG

I can't get a picture of her bag. In the barn, the flash isn't working properly and outside we have too much snow to get under her but she has bagged up. She started rubbing her butt yesterday and is continuing today and her belly has really dropped as well. I can also see her pregnant belly move. It's pretty amazing. The baby in there is active!!

Just need to know if you think she looks ready or I'm panicking. Thanks!

Can you get a picture of her vulva without pulling her tail straight up and rather to the side? When you pull it straight up it can cause the vulva to look different than it actually is.....and can you express any fluid from her teats? If so what color, consitency is it and is it sticky?

Her vulva still has a way to go, any chance you could take a pic from behind to see how baby is laying? An udder pic would help a lot so see if you can come up with an idea
default_smokesmile.gif

Latest posts

Back