PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of Creta Hill's Tiger Lilly(Adriel's full sister). I forgot we took pictures of her back in Sept, when clipped. She is a little thin in the pictures. She was one of the horses that coliced with my first mare. My mare died and Tiger almost didn't make it. She also was retaining her caps and having trouble eatting her hay. Started giving her beet pulp again and she is back to normal, except a persistent runny nose. She got an infection from being tubed twice while sick. We have given her antibiotics, but she hasn't clear up. Still runs around and plays. She looks like she is roaning, but there is no way. Doesn't look in any way like a buckskin. Thinking silver buckskin, going to get her tested.

Tiger 2.JPG

Tiger 4.JPG

Here's pictures of her in her winter woolies. Also a picture of our buckskin pinto, Ozzie(clipped and not). Tiger's half brother looks like him. Thinking she is either a sooty buckskin or has silver(possibly coming from sire). Dam is black(homozygous blk), sire is perlino(homozygous blk)

SANY0252.JPG

SANY0253.JPG

SANY0002.JPG

SANY0254.JPG

I agree with Diane, she looks like a buckskin to me too lol. The silver gene would lighten her dark points and she would look more like a palomino. Hope she feels better soon
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic Marker Minis wanted to see a picture of Adrial. Here is one just taken by Danielle. He's going to be showing with her this season. He's almost one year and a whopping 24".

0129131328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you stood Tiger and Adriel side by side, they look almost identical. Tiger has a little white on one back leg, at the coronet band. Otherwise, she is all buckskin. He's handsome and good luck in the show ring with him.

Thanks Ladies! I'm posting pictures of Little King's Russian Raven. She's had quite a few foals but this is her first with me. She's 271 days today and I'm wondering if she's going to deliver early.

2013feb2ndravenbelly 002.JPG

2013feb2ndravenbelly 006.JPG

[2013feb2ndravenbelly 005.JPG

2013feb1straven 015.JPG

Thanks Diane. I don't have a foaling history but I can try to find out last year's. I'm glad things look normal. Whew, what a relief for a worried Mom to be!

We had a chance of purchasing Adriel at the seller's Select Sale, but both my business partner and I decided we didn't need another stallion. I showed her your picture of him above and now she wishes we would have purchased him. Your gain and our loss.

MagicMarkerMinis, I'm sorry you missed him. He was just what I was looking for as he had already placed at the World last year and I really wanted Danielle to campaign him for me to see how far his tiny little self can go. I'm a big fan of the under 30" horses.

Ravan looks great! I agree with Diane that her tummy shape has a way to go yet - maybe as she has had foals before, her udder is looking a little more full than it would do at this stage with a maiden mare. I have also had a mare foal in the late 290's with no problem, so maybe Raven will be an 'early' foaler this year - can you find out her foaling dates from last year?

I get so jealous of all the wonderful bargains people are getting form these "sellout" sales, but I just cannot afford the importation costs, simple as that!

She does not look anywhere near ready to me, and the bag is pretty normal for an experienced mare. I know it is stressful but I think you can relax for a bit.

Thanks so much. It's so wonderful to have all of you helping me. Helps me to relax because I'm a worry wart.

Next up is Sweetwater's Commitment, a blue roan mare (although you can't tell it in her winter woolies). She's bred to Ch. Fallen Ash Eagle's Fine Art and is expecting about the same time as Raven which makes her approximately 265 days along. She's going to be 15 in May and has had quite a few foals. Here's her photos. She had just rolled in the hay after I let her out of her stall this morning and was busy eating so no photos of her underneath parts this a.m.

2013feb4thsweetie 002.JPG

2013feb4thsweetie 010.JPG

2013feb4thsweetie 009.JPG

I'll just add that although these older mares are new to me and I haven't had them that long, I just love them. There's something so wonderful about the older mares and I have promised them they will not be leaving our farm and can spend their retirement years with me. And I've already taught them to clean stalls
default_yes.gif

2013feb3rdbarnhelp 018.JPG

Thanks Ladies for all your help!

Latest posts

Back