PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainWoman

Reaction score
We're expecting 4 foals this spring/summer. First one is due in April. I have Toni Reece to thank for my mares. First is Little King's Russian Raven, smoky black mare, bred to Grosshill EK Undisputed Creation. Here's Raven. raven.jpg Here's the link To Creation's page. http://reecefamilymi...om/creation.htm Next is Sweetwater's Commitment, a blue roan mare and granddaughter of Flying W Farms Little Blue Boy. 262702_10200111681864156_1309810099_n.jpg She is in foal to World Champion Fallen Ash Eagle's Fine Art. Here's a link to his photo. http://reecefamilymi...com/fineart.htm Then Magic Star's Quicksilver. largeFile2.jpg Who is in foal to two time world reserve champion All Small Farm's Boogerman's Reflection. I don't have a photo to share at the moment. And last is ASA Wish Upon A Star, a palomino pinto. Wish is a top 10 National Winner. Wishwin.jpg Wish is bred to Aloha Acres Amir Or IC. Here's a link to his page. http://www.reecefami...om/amiroric.htm I'm just hoping for safe deliveries and healthy, happy foals. Looking forward to spending time in the nutty nursery with all of you wonderful folks on this board. (Pictures used with permission.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your future babies, some very nice mares and sire there! Love your profile pic, little hairy backside lol

Some very nice crosses!! Hope you have an uneventful and successful foaling season. Will they be on Mare Stare?

BTW, we have a paternal half sister to the cute boy in your avatar. She is 3 and ready to be hooked to a cart this spring. She is already a seasoned 4-H project mini.

love love love sweetwaters commitment..although they all are gorgeous!. looking forward to your babies!

Really looking forward to seeing what your lovely girls produce for you.
default_yes.gif

Keep the updates (and the pictures) coming please! Very exciting!!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Unfortunately, they won't be on mare stare because I live in dial up country but I'll take lots of pictures. Thanks for the comments on the boy in my avatar. He's Rapture's Adriel Magic Afterglow and his dam is ROKO Whysp of Black Magic and his sire is Ten L Spirit's Aftgerglow. He's so tiny and adorable and is with Danielle Hill to show this coming season.

I'm praying for safe deliveries for my mares. They mean a lot to me and I'm so glad to have your support.

I used to own a mare out of ASA Wish UPON a STar, and sold her back to Tony. She had the most lovely head.

Good luck with your mares, all of which are beautiful.

You have such lovely mares! I look forward to seeing what they produce for you. I actually thought about buying Adriel for my younger sister, but he was just soooooooooo far away and shipping just wasn't working out.

Feel free to share more photos! We LOVE photos
default_yes.gif

Thank you Ladies. Danielle is doing pictures next month after clipping so I can share more of Adriel then. He's around 24" at the moment so he's just a tiny thing. And, I'll do lots of photos of my mares. Riverrose, that's exciting you had a mare from Wish. This is her last foal and then she will spend her retirement years with me. Thanks again everyone for your warm welcome.

Beautiful line up ...we'll all be anxious to see your foals I see you are in Missouri now weren't you in New England somewhere last year? I love both your boys and am looking forward to pictures from Danielle

So glad you joined 'The Nutty Nursery!' LOL Your mares are beautiful, as well as the stallions they are bred to! Looking forward to following the mares here............and maybe even getting to see them in person!
default_yes.gif
I'm not on Marestare either, but I joined this forum last year and used pictures. I haven't updated for this year yet, but we are expecting three foals due in April and May.

We have Adriel's full sister, Creta Hill's Tiger Lilly. She was born the year before. I hope his color is easier than his sisters. Both Afterglow and Magic are homozygous black, so he should be homozygous black also. His full sister is registered as a buckskin, but she looks like she is roaning. Both clipped and in winter coat. We are going to test her, but we have decided she is a silver buckskin. Adriel coloring looks like her. He will also probably stay small. I just measured Tiger and she measured at 29". She will lose about an inch. It's hard to measure them with a winter coat and she is due for a hoof trim. She turns two in April.

I really liked Adriel, but with five senior stallions and 2 coming 2 year olds. Didn't need another boy. Love to get Adriel and Tiger's dam.

When we first moved to AZ, we had a nice ratio of broodmares to stallions. Four coliced(heat, not drinking enough, eating sand) and died. We have six mares bred to our stallions and one bred to an unknown. Foal is unregisterable and will be sold. One senior stallion(we bought him before moving), has no foals this year with us. Pervious owner has one. Both mares bred to him died(colic).

The last two years I clipped the dam's belly, the active foals turned out to be colts and no activity was a filly. I clipped the five mares, earliest to foal, bellies this year and got no movement from anyone. I can't be that lucky.

One of our mares has produced fillies in 2011(red bag-died-grulla) and 2012(smokey black). I barely ever saw movement. This year the foal is very active. I don't care if this one is a colt, hopefully grulla. Sire is smokey grullo(homozygous black) and dam is black. Only have four colors to choose from:Black, smokey black, grullo, and smokey grullo. She's 20, so would like at least one nice colt out of her. But, I love her fillies. Will be happy as long as it's healthy and alive. The 2011, 2012, and this year foal are all from same sire.

Magic Marker Minis, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your horses. It must be hard on you. I'd love to see a picture of Adriel's sister. I have high hopes for him this year with Danielle and I'll post pictures of him as soon as she sends them.

Lori, we have a farm in Vermont but we are transitioning to the Ozarks. Pam, can't wait for you to visit!!

Right now, she is in her winter woolies(funny for AZ). We will clip her in a couple months, I'll send you pictures than.

We also have a buckskin pinto colt(Wildfire) by Spirit. Both Tiger and Wildfire look like they will stay between 30-31", maybe shorter. We have senior stallions in the 30" range and Wildfire is way shorter. Tiger is the same way with our 30" range mares.

The last two years I clipped the dam's belly, the active foals turned out to be colts and no activity was a filly.
Firstly I just want healthy babies that arrive safely but if my girls followed this theory it would be awesome! Bindi's baby is constantly moving, and I haven't really seen anything from Sweety's belly. I was thinking the other day about my plans and decided if Bindi had a really nice colt I'd keep him and hoped Sweety had a filly.

Mines the oposite, my mare has had three colts and i never felt them move. and then the last foal was a filly and she was very active

I dont know about different movement between colts and fllies in utero, but once born, the girls sure let you know that they are around and expect to be noticed!!

Latest posts

Back