Maple Hollow Farms 2013 Foaling Season Complete

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
I just thought I would start my 2013 foaling thread early because I am soooo excited for all of my foals coming! Feel free to check out the foals page on our website for all of our crosses for next year! These are all simply exposed to those stallions as we did not have anyone vet checked in foal this year and a couple I think may be open so these are all just possible upcoming foals! A few I can tell for sure others I have my doubts, one has shown heat recently so pretty sure she is open unless she is being goofy. Getting just too darn excited for next year already, this winter is going to drag by incredibly slow! First foal could be as early as february (mare was purchased bred and pasture bred march - september!!!!).

Camera 1 at my place... http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=maplehollow

Camera 2 at mom's.... http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=maplehollow2

It was just brought to my attention when my last mare foaled that the phone numbers accidentally got changed on cam 1 when I had different numbers put for cam 2. Please call these numbers for the cams: cam1 is 319-560-1859 first and 319-551-9008 second and then on cam 2 call 319-560-1426 first and 319-560-1859 second. Our horses for this farm are at two separate locations so it helps a lot to have the person on site called first. Just wanted to post this until I can get it fixed! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW how exciting for you! a very big and beautiful season coming up for you soon
default_smile.png

very exciting! can't wait to see the babies you get for your 2013 season! woohoo!

Thanks everyone! I am extremely excited for foaling season and this winter is already dragging by super slow!

Not too long to wait though if that mare does foal in February - any early signs yet??

LOL in all honesty I cant catch the mare yet, she is one that I just bought and isnt a huge fan of people yet. I have just been letting her settle in and calm down before messing with her too much. I will be catching the whole herd soon to worm them all so can give her a good checkup then. She definitely looks bred but since she is an older proven broodmare that doesnt always mean much, we have had some look incredibly preggo only to have them come up open!

Dont you just love those elderly pregnant tummies!! LOL!!

LOL yep, and you guys can all love them too when we stare at mares on cam for a few months only to have them never foal ROFL!!!!

LOL!! We had some of that this year - 3 foals from 7 mares! Even the vet on a routine visit said 'goodness, she's about to pop' about a mare that ever did!!

Well caught everyone for the farrier today and felt some good foal kicks from Electric Lady's foal! She is the one that could be due as early as february! Didnt feel any other foals kicking but I never have had good luck feeling them early on. Lots of baby bumps are getting more noticeable so getting pretty excited! Here are a few baby bumps! Electric Lady is the sorrel, Diamond is the red dun, Buttons is the bay overo appaloosa, and Belle is the palomino tovero.

DSCF2455.JPG

DSCF2100.JPG

DSCF2229edit.JPG

DSCF2445.JPG

Woo hoo! Look at those bellies!
default_thumbup.gif

Always look forward to seeing you foals!

Thanks everyone and yes Buttons definitely is the most miserable looking. She always looks like a balloon LOL!!! And to think she is bred to our smallest stallion! I am just dying to see my foals this spring! Here is pictures of one of our boys too, got to drive him this week with the gorgeous weather, had friends out that wanted to drive finished horses for experience, Monte was a good boy! Forgive his mohawk as I forgot to redo his bridle path before we started! Figure I should keep yall happy with pictures until foals start arriving!!!

DSCF2417edit.JPG

DSCF2421.JPG

DSCF2426edit.JPG

DSCF2431edit.JPG

DSCF2435edit.JPG

Well we are getting closer to potential due dates
default_yes.gif
, I am watching for signs on both of my pasture bred mares that I had purchased as they could be due very early especially E. Lady! Luckily I am making progress on handling both girls since they werent too thrilled with people so they are getting better about letting me check them.

Just out of curiousity, how do all of you figure when they could be due when you get pasture breeding dates. E. Lady is March 1-Sept 1 and Fae is April 1- July 1. This is why I will never go to pasture breeding as it is just way too much guesswork and headache LOL!!!!
default_frusty.gif

Here is what I figured by using one of the online calculators on the two mares:

Electric Lady (3/1) 300 days: 12/26/12 330 days: 1/25/13 340 days: 2/4/13 to

Electric Lady (9/1) 300 days: 6/28 330 days: 7/28 340 days: 8/7

Fae (4/1) 300 days: 1/25 330 days: 2/24 340 days: 3/6 to

Fae (7/1) 300 days: 4/27 330 days: 5/27 340 days: 6/6

Last edited by a moderator:
Back