Cabbage rolls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
I came here this fall and got some amazing recipes for using my abundance of tomatoes so I thought I try you all again for cabbage roll recipes. I have 2 giant heads of cabbage and want to stock my freezer a bit more. Anyone have any recipes they really like?

That does sound good, I will have to try it one day. I will leave out the caraway seeds tho, don't care for them. Might try them with fennel.

Cabbage Roll Casserole

Another hit from the "Best of Bridge" cookbooks, this one can be found in "Grand Slam". It is a fast and yummy alternative to cabbage rolls. Our family really enjoys it.

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

2 medium onions, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

1 14oz. can tomatoe sauce

1 can water

1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice

4 cups cabbage, shredded

Sour cream

Brown beef, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Place 1/2 of the cabbage in a greased baking dish; cover with 1/2 the rice mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for one hour. Serve with sour cream.

May be refrigerated before baking.

Good luck and hope you enjoy.

To update this; I made the cabbage rolls (12 containers of about 20 each) and used my own tomato sauce that I made with the recipe (altered slightly to adjust for my own taste preferences and what I had available) to top them up. I shredded the cabbage that I couldn't use for rolling and used it to make a casserole with the meat/rice filling and sauce and got 3 large containers of that(Thank you Cricket for the great idea). I am now down to only 3 containers of rolls - too many people wanted some to try and then some more lol. That's OK, next year I'll make more so I have more for my own freezer.

Latest posts

Back