Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do the same as you Bree as we now cover in hand rather than pasture breed. Mostly cover mares on alternate days - one morning and one afternoon when there have been several in season at one time. Yes the boys do 'run up' a bit light - look fabulous actually! - inspite of the extra food, but Dragon is a real 'worry wart' and consumes amazing amounts of food in our attempts to keep some weight on him. With not covering this year, it has been wonderful seeing him look like a normal healthy mini, although he still gets around 4 - 5 lbs of stud nuts per day alongside all that lush grass he's consuming!!

I've been slowly trying to get Wazza to lose weight and after this breeding with Sweety I think he'll finally be in shape enough for me to take some more professional looking photos taken of him lol.

This is what he looked like when I got him in April. His old owner loved him to bits but he was soooo fat haha

wazza 2.jpgwazza1.jpg

This is not the best photo but he's definately looking more healthy

/monthly_09_2012/post-44615-0-46598900-1346798609_thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think he's lovely - chubby or slimmed down!!
default_thumbup.gif

Well there's our missions for the year, I have no pro shots of Tinker so by the end of this year we both need to wow the Aunties with amazing, drool worthy shots of our super sexy boys
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif

yeah actually, grand reveal sounds better, then you'll all be the more amazed! I think I should get handicap points tho, seeing as I've only been in minis for a little bit and Bree is a seasoned pro.
default_wink.png

More like I regularly pick the minds of seasoned pros
default_new_rofl.gif
But I do have a head start... Tinker's been in light work over winter and in a yard....
default_wink.png
But yes I say grand reveal!!!

Tinker looks pretty good already, Wazza has a lot of work to do!

Trying not to jinx it but we finally have some rain about to hit us, according to the bom site. We soooo need it. Am feeling so chilled and weird tonight. Phoebe, my daughter, was diagnosed with Leukaemia in Jan and has been on intense chemotherapy since then and we started a new treatment block today which will be like a walk in the park compared to the last 9 months. This block goes for 18mths but the side effects will be minimal so we should get back to normal life now. Did I mention I bought my minis for a distraction lol, well they have been the best!

Nothing beats a mini
default_smile.png

My heart goes out to you and your family and my thoughts are with you.

My mother made it through Leukaemia as a child so I've seen how it can effect a family even so many years after it. It's not easy.

What's Wazza's daily routine like? Tinker isn't in work but he is off grazing full time and on a small hay portion along with a small feed that goes up once he comes back in. That alone seems enough for him to shed the gut! Can be hard to see past the hair so I'm looking forward to taking the rest of the fluff off
default_wink.png

So sorry to hear about your daughter - will be praying for her. Yes, mini kisses and cuddles are the very best things for helping us humans in times of trouble.

Thanks everyone, she's doing really well and even told me this morning that she feels 'normal' lol.

Wazza is on an almost dry lot, still covered in grass but only about a mm tall and he gets oaten chaff and vit/min supplements daily. I haven't had the time to exercise him yet but occasionally he'll see the filly next door running and go a bit hypo. Haven't really seen him trot properly before (and I can't tell the difference between a good or bad trot yet) but yesterday he was trotting quiet rhythmically with his tail right up in the air and his neck all arched. So cute, just wish i had the camera.

When you have the time mix up some lunge work with trot pole work and even distance work if you can, stops them getting bored and helps work the whole body
default_smile.png

I started clicker training with him and I think he liked it but not much use for the weight loss, unless I can train him to lunge himself.hmmmm

Don't think I've told you guys this but I will be moving Bindi on once she has bub and all weaned etc. When I purchased these three I had no idea about conformation but since then I've been looking at a zillion pictures of miniature horses to get a better eye and Bindi's hip is too weak for the 'look' I'm wanting to reproduce. I feel like the biggest meanie and I would just keep her as a pet but hubby likes every animal on our little farm to have a purpose. I'm enjoying it while she's here tho.

Hard call to make but often the fairest one all around, hugs
default_smile.png

Thanks, she is a cutie. In other news Sweety has come into season, full steam ahead. Haven't had a chance to tease yet but the little hussy keeps calling out to Wazza and standing in the corner closest to his yard! Will have to set up a date asap!

Latest posts

Back