Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its confirmed: Sweety is NOT pregnant
default_sad.png
I knew there was a 99.99999999999% chance that she wasn't but still a bit disappointed. Oh well.

Wazza will be thrilled when I tell him he can visit her in a week for a bit of a slap and tickle.

Oh sorry about the non pregnant, but cant wait to see the colours produced next year - it's going to be a long 11 month's wait!! LOL!!

I know, its ages lol. At least Bindi is having one in Dec, that'll break up the wait.

Does anyone have any idea what combinations a chestnut tobiano and bay dun appy could produce? What I would LOVE is a bay tobiano.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, yes spots would be nice. Daddy is just an appy, no pinto altho HIS daddy is a tobiano so he might be a minimal tobiano or a carrier? So confusion lol

With appy spots is it just random luck of the draw what type you end up with or is there a whole other set of gene's just for appaloosas that haven't been discovered yet?

wow, that is so interesting. I know what you mean about the changing between foal coat to mature coat. Sorry my bad, but his dad is a tobiano PINTALOOSA! So its daddy's genes.

Here's Wazza as a baby with his mum, the only sign of appy is the small white blobs on his rear, which look nothing like now lol. The only marking on him that could be from the pinto gene is his white muzzle, that the only solid white he has. Unless you count the white on his blanket but it blends back into his bay color so it doesn't really look like pinto colouring

baby2.jpgbaby 1.jpg

Here is his sire, you can see the mottling on his muzzle

Thanks for showing me your horses, they are beautiful!

Sorry to hear about Sweety, the up side is you get to start planning now for the next bub
default_wink.png

yeah, and i get to go on my holiday in oct now as well lol.

Ok dont laugh, but guess what i'm going to attempt to make? If it works I'll have probably saved $150. Its just for fun, something else to distract me from Phoebe's treatment, and of course to justify why the housework is getting behind
default_new_rofl.gif

Here's my materials, sourced from Australia, America, China and France (all off ebay of cource)

DSC_0011.JPG

I think I can guess, in which case I wish you a lot of luck! They are VERY hard to pull off... which is why I happily handball the job to someone else
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Looks like a nice collection of bits though!

haha thanks, yes a bit ambitious but if it doesn't work out it didn't cost too much lol. Also if it doesn't work you won't be seeing any photos

Well you know what they say, if at first you don't suceed then burn the evidence and don't tell anyone
default_new_rofl.gif

default_new_rofl.gif

Or do a few more cuts and stitches and put it on ebay as a string bikini - someone kinky might buy it
default_new_rofl.gif

Good luck with the project - it will obviously be a very attractive, unusual - and very short - mini skirt!!

Was just thinking that if Sweety beat up the stallion last year, you might be better to tease her to make sure she is fully in season before you put her in with Wazza - cant have sweet Wazza getting hurt!!

yeah, I am waiting till she's ready lol. She's due to come back into season at the end of this week (she hasn't stopped over winter, so painful lol) so i'll let them have a bit of fence talk then once she stops yelling at him I'll open the fence. Bindi on the other hand, is a complete tart, she'd stand for any stallion i reckon
default_new_rofl.gif

She may need some time to really hit her right spot, do you know how long her heat cycle seems to last? If she's cycling for a good couple of days I'd tease her the first few then serve on the last so she should really be ready.

She has at least 5 or 6 days worth of ín season signs so maybe tease for 4 days?

To play it safe I'd tease for the first 3 days, breed on the 4th day and breed again on the 6th day. Actually your boy isn't working as hard so you could probably breed on the 5th as well! I do every second day because I get multiple mares in season sometimes, Tinker was serving three mares in the same week at one point! Hard working boy
default_wink.png

He was pretty tired at the end of the week! He would get one girl in the morning, one in the late afternoon, one the next morning, the afternoon off and repeat until they stopped cycling. It's quite a bit of work for the poor boys, through in any fence running and teasing and it's no wonder mine end up on the show horse rations to keep condition!

Latest posts

Back