Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some photos from this morning... beautiful day here...

Firstly the preggo pinto Bindi

Udders (might need a magnifying glass to see these)

DSC_0009.JPG

Belly

DSC_0028.JPG

Bed Hair

DSC_0024.JPG

The girls - I think Bindi has been mud wrestling the bunnies

DSC_0021.JPG

The man of the house

DSC_0023.JPG

The lovely Sweety who is very sleepy lately

DSC_0030.JPG

Got some more information off Sweety's previous owner. She can't remember exactly when she tried to get Sweety covered but is pretty sure it was November. Then because Sweety was trying to kick the crap out of him she took her back out of his paddock after a few hours so he wouldn't get hurt. She wasn't watching them the whole time tho. Anyways, I'm going to order a wee tester to double check before I put Wazza in with her. Previous owners stallion is a cremello with blue eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mare kicked the crap out of my stallion (who is now a gelding) too, until she came into heat and then she backs right up to him haha but now shes pregnant its straight back to bashing him even though hes now a gelding.

Got my test kit ordered for Sweety...

..... any ideas for catching wizzers?
default_impatient.jpg

Lots of paitence
default_new_rofl.gif
I reckon they need a nappy for this!

All cremellos have pale eyes, it's part of the dilution and different from the blue eyes that come with frame or splash
default_smile.png
I really need a double dilute of my own to round out my eye collection
default_new_rofl.gif

Only if the owner is aware that all double dilutes have blue eyes and is not emphasising the eye colour to indicate a pinto gene at work, in which case it's usually better to mention the pattern rather then part of the effect. I see a lot of DD's labled with the whole "blue eye" bit so I often wonder.

Do you know what colouring he is registered as?

No, I've got no idea. He was there when I picked sweety up and he had no pinto colouring just the blue eyes and he was a solid colour and looked cream, offwhite kinda colour. He was totally furred up tho so he couldve been hiding something underneath.

My guess would be straight cremello
default_smile.png
Like I said it seems fashionable at the moment to mention the eyes on DD, I'm guessing due to the recent popularity of the splash gene.

ok. Cremello is the colour she told me. I'm not very good at colour yet, altho I could pick a bay out of a crowd for you
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl I've since found out that without genetic testing a horse may not really be what it seems lol. I was looking at a site and it was showing the different variants of colours and one of them was the range of colours that a palomino could present in. So genetically it was a palomino and could only pass on the genetics that it had but it was so dark it almost looked like a bay.

Just did a search on what you said and even learn't that a Cremello is a double palomino and a Perlino is a double buckskin. This is what it said about the blue eyes :

Cremello/Perlino eyes often have areas or "flecks" with darker blue pigment, or even green or amber. Paint blue eyes are usually very light "ice" blue.

So you were right, totally different to paints but normal for cremellos.

It's fascinating stuff isn't it! And our breed gets pretty much every colour available so there is so much potential.

Throw in all the different shades, the ever tricky white and it gets quite fun. I think I'm a little obssesed with it all now
default_wink.png
and I love finding new minds to pick for info, Diane and her appie love has been fantastic for learning, those spots seem to be the hardest to get your mind around. Dilutes are much kinder on the mind
default_new_rofl.gif

Yeah it is pretty cool. I have a colour genetics book by Dr P Sponenberg and its pretty good. I was always a solid colour lover but I've become addicted to the coloureds now haha

Like Wazza is a bay dun with an leopard appy blanket butt, and appy markings on his face as well. Then his mane and tail are flecked as well. He is registered as a dun, but as far as I could see neither of his parents had the dun gene and I thought you had to have at least one dun parent.

No he's never been clipped. I've got little clippers but not sure if they would do the whole job. Maybe I could get one of the girls from around here to come and clip him for me and I'll just pay her, cos I would really like to see his colour too.

Yep, she's a pintaloosa. Her faded pinto part was brown when she was born with no visible spots. The brown has changed to grey and you can't really see in her winter coat unless she's wet. She has appy mottling on her nose but her feet are all white/yellow.

Here she is a few years back. I didn't own her then but she looks better now I think. She was probably only 2 when this photo was taken and she's grown into a more beautiful lady now I reckon. Her tail sits higher than that now, not sure why it looks like that there

sweety.jpg

As soon as I've done the test on Sweety and she's all good to go I'll stick Wazza in with her.

This is Sweety today... can't wait to get this test over and done with. FYI - I DO regularly worm her.

DSC_0046.JPGDSC_0048.JPG

And Diane, some colours for your interpretation. Gave Wazza a bath today (probably his first ever) and his back end has white hair with the leopard spots but there is also caramel blobs here and there and a bit of brown roaning. Also around his muzzle and between his legs and underside he has lighter fur like and Icelandic horse. FYI his sire reg as a liver chestnut tobiano pintaloosa and his dam reg as a black buckskin.

DSC_0050.JPGDSC_0051.JPG

Well apart from being very cute chips, they are both very interesting colours, sooooooooooooooooo we could be seeing a VERY interesting baby in the future!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back