Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Terry - that's a brilliant tip, I'd forgotton about the usefulness of those baby monitors!

Renee has only just got back from approx 6 weeks in the UK staying with her parents. She has posted several times, but is really very busy just now catching up with everything back home in Italy - she lurks to keep up (like you do!) but only posts occasionally at the moment.

I had a wireless cam for the last mare that I had foal. It worked well, but I cannot find it
default_sad.png
All is well though. I have her just outside my bedroom window, so I am waking up a few times a night and checking on her.

She has had a couple of poops in the last hour or so...one mushy and one mushier than the last.

looking good
default_smile.png
I agree that udder needs to fill more and her rear end needs to elongate... but otherwise she is definitely looking good to go
default_smile.png
I find the baby monitor brilliant
default_smile.png
and I have it set up even now, (I have my show mare in at night so she will lose her winter coat) my stock horse goes crazy when something is the matter or something is not quite right with any of them so its good because I can hear him on it and can go and check on them... I'm glad you have your set up all sorted
default_smile.png
isn't it frustrating when you can't find something you really want/ need LOL

good luck!

She seemed a little restless a bit ago. Wandered around the yard for a while. Stopped and scratched herself on a dog house...walked some more. Nosed around in the dirt picking at bits of green stuff (even though there is tons of it that she doesn't have to nose for, lol). Walked some more. Stared out the back gate into the pasture. Walked some more. Now she is picking at the hay a little. Seems to have chilled a bit.

Good morning! I am on my way out this morning, but I have pics of our big girl! When I get back home, I will add some pictures of the rest of my petting zoo ;) Robin's boobies are growing. Vulva is still pink inside. She sucked up when I lifted her tail so she doesn't even look as elongated as she did yesterday, lol. She is still having mushy poops though. I'd say that she is progressing still
default_smile.png
Back later!!

20120823_071418.jpg

20120823_071404.jpg

20120823_071345.jpg

20120823_071335.jpg

Okay...prepare yourselves...I am a bit of an animal lover and a photographer.

I will start with the biggest and newest member of my herd. Her name is Fiona and she is a 7 year old Clydesdale mare. She was a rescue of sorts. She was being pastured in a sandy area and just kept losing weight. She was pretty close to dying when she was taken to a friend's place. From the second that she arrived, I swore that she would be mine, and now she is
default_smile.png
She still has a little ways to go, but she has made TONS of progress in the past few months!

Fiona6.jpg

DSC_8309.jpg

DSC_7991.jpg

Next is Dakota...he is my baby. He is a total jackhole and goes through fences like I have never seen, but he is MY jackhole and I love him, lol.

IMG_1982a.jpg

Then there is Breezy...she is my husband's horse.

August2011648.jpg

More in next post...

Next is Jack. He is actually for sale right now. I am not experienced or confident enough to continue his training
default_sad.png
I will miss him...

DSC_5079-001a2.jpg

Then there are my two donkeys...Jose', the miniature and Brandy, the standard...

DSC_5484a.jpg

Next are the dogs...Betty, a great dane/mastiff cross...Maggie, a Golden Retriever...Chugs, a Chi/Pug cross...Barry White, a Great Pyrenees...

November2011474a.jpg

November2011213-2.jpg

december2011493a.jpg

See Barry in the next post
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_1074.jpg

Then, we have the cats...Mudbug is the black kitten, Pumpkin is the orange, and Winston is the longhaired
default_smile.png

IMG_1833.jpg

404800_257276377678593_1801165875_n.jpg

Last, we have the rest of the crew...the chickens, ducks, and goose!

DSC_8627-001.jpg

DSC_4225a.jpg

So, there you have it...I have a lot of critters, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how absolutely brilliant!! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post their pictures - what a fabulous collection of furry and feathered friends you have sharing your life!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

You are doing an amazing job with Fiona - she's very lucky she found you!

Again, thank you - they are all just beautiful.
default_yes.gif

Thanks guys! I love them to bits!!

Now, onto Robin...

I have a very angry little pony on my hands right now. I really think that she maybe starting the first stages of labor. She is biting at her belly, pawing at the ground, ears are back continuously. She has tried to kill my chickens a few times and just looks REALLY uncomfortable right now. She gets really mad and she will throw her head around and then go after the nearest chicken. I don't know if it is just the rain or what (it has never bothered her before and neither have the chickens), but she is really unhappy right now.

Opinions??

Hormones! Could be in first stage, could just be very close but they always do something when they get this close. Keeping my fingers crossed! I better go tell Painted Lady to hurry up if she wants to win
default_wink.png

She was a cranky snot! Would it be possible for a mare going into labor to run around bucking some?? Because she was really going after those chickens, lol.

default_gaah.gif
:gaah

I need a foal fix, Robin! Painted Lady! Hurry up!!! I don't think I can handle the suspense!

default_thud.gif

Well at least we can suffer together, that's the REAL reason behind this forum. The help and chats are nice but really it's just so we can find other's to share our suffering
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back