Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everything that Diane has said above, but would also add a thank you to YOU for coming here and letting us share this exciting time with you and Robin.
default_yes.gif

I also agree with what she has said about Robin's milk supply. She already has a good udder, so in my opinion, there is no way that she is not going to produce milk once she foals. I am one of the few folks who never tries to get milk from my girls on the run up to foaling, and I have had mares foal up to 6 weeks before their known due date - with very small soft bags - but low and behold, the milk has come flooding in within hours of the foal being born.

So just relax and enjoy this exciting time, I'm sure Robin has everything under control!

Thanks guys! You make me feel lots better! All I read is horror stories about red bag births and babies being positioned wrong ...nothing but scary stuff LOL. I am nervous but I do think that I can handle most of what comes up. I am not afraid to get dirty if I have to. I checked on her this am. Bag seems to have grown ever so slightly but she is not relaxing in the tailhead area yet.

No attitude? OMG What am I still doing here! I actually have been introduced as "this is Bree. Careful, in her case her bite actually is worse then her bark."
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

One thing we need to remind ourselves is 90% of births happen without a drama. No excuse me while I go panic over my mares and obssess about when to put foaling alarms on
default_wink.png

LOL. Have fun. ;) I just checked on her and the foal has changed position for sure. Not sure if it is permanent but she is definitely slimmer from the back. I will post pics in a bit.

oooh can't wait for pics
default_smile.png
the girls seem to have answered all your questions
default_smile.png
so I'll just sit and wait for the new piccies I think
default_smile.png
grandma_rocking_cl.gif

Pics from this evening! The group of photos incldes comparison from 2 days ago and today.

robin.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

My 2.5 year old saying hi
default_smile.png
DSC_0208-1.jpg

He loves Robin.

DSC_0181-1.jpg

oh cute!!!! what a lovely little boy you have
default_smile.png

and wow for changes! she certainly has changed
default_smile.png
woohoo! definitley elongating behind
default_smile.png
not much in the udder still... but as Diane and Anna have said that will come
default_smile.png

Thanks! He is a cutie
default_smile.png
I am getting excited now! Hope that she doesn't make me crazy for too long! LOL

Well, I went on a search and found the receiver for our wireless cam, but couldn't find the camera, lol. Soooo, Robin is back in my backyard again where I can just peak out of the window and see her. Works for me! I am so ready for this baby!

Wow she's coming along great!

What are you hoping for? Colt, filly? Pinto, solid?

I would love a pinto
default_smile.png
Would prefer a filly, but honestly, it doesn't matter, lol. I just want a healthy little baby and momma!

How exciting!!! I am new to this forum but I am getting a great education on minis here. Love reading all the threads about expecting mares and their foals! Can't wait to see the pictures of Robin's foal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting!!! I am new to this forum but I am getting a great education on minis here. Love reading all the threads about expecting mares and their foals! Can't wait to see the pictures of Robin's foal!!
hey
default_saludando.gif
I'm glad your learning lots
default_smile.png
there are alot of people on here who have great knowledge to give
default_yes.gif
hope you can stick around
default_thumbup.gif
I sure hope you get your pinto filly!

I would love a pinto
default_smile.png
Would prefer a filly, but honestly, it doesn't matter, lol. I just want a healthy little baby and momma!
I know the feeling, when you get this close you start to forget the wishlist.
default_smile.png

She's certainly moving steadily in the right direction - love the pics of your little boy by the way.
default_yes.gif

Oh, and being driven 'crazy' by these expectant Mommas is par for the course I'm afraid! In 2010 we had 13 mares foal, we had actually covered 14 mares to avoid the 'dreaded number 13', but one mare didn't hold, so we were stuck with 13. They all foaled over a period of 3 weeks - we even had 3 foal in one 24 hour period - and by the time we came to mare 13 we were totally exhausted and even more Zombie like than our friend Bree gets!! To make it worse, mare 13 was an elderly mare, very special to us, and this would be her last foal before retiring. We were terrified that something would go wrong because, although we had had several 'dramatic' foalings and two red bags amongst the other 12, we actually had 12 live foals on the ground, so the law of averages...................................

We virtually camped in her stall for the days beforehand - an experienced brood mare with many foals under her previous ownership she had had two foals for us before but was the one mare on the place that managed to give birth when our backs were turned for a minute or two! We were determined to be right there for this one which i think made her a bit cross, but eventually she just had to go into labour, lots of rolling and ups and downs - was this normal for her?? We were getting frantic - forgot all about keeping calm LOL!! Suddenly the little bubble appeared, but more ups and downs - was she trying to 'straighten' a mis-presented foal? Yes she was!! We had one foot and a nose!! Mobiles ringing to the vet! This cant be happening!! Grabbing at a halter to pop on to keep her on her feet ready for vet to arrive. But wait - no need - down she went for another push and daughter was able to feel further inside. There was the naughty foot hiding hooked up over the foals head. Whipped it back to where it should be and out he shot!! I cant tell you the relief!! Sweating brows were wiped, trembling bodies slowly relaxed, blood pressure slowly returned to normal, remembered to phone vet to tell her she could turn round and go back home! Leaving daughter to give the new baby a rub down and to take care of the cord, I gave precious Momma mare a quick hug and a kiss and headed indoors to collect a couple of strong coffee's and the deaparately needed cigarettes. LOL!!

So I dont know about these girls driving us crazy - I think we are already crazy to start this business in the first place! LOL!!

Wow! What a story! I hope that Robin's foaling goes smoothly...

You guys are gonna get tired of me and my photos, lol. This am, she is blah looking, lol. I know the feeling! Less resistance in her tail head, but still a little there. Getting kinda jellowy. Here are pics
default_smile.png

20120822_072633.jpg

20120822_072653.jpg

20120822_072726.jpg

20120822_072855.jpg

WOW!! Look at at that tummy!! No wonder she's feeling a bit uncomfortable poor girl!! She could still fill her udder more and elongate in her vulva, but then these things could happen suddenly within a day or two, especially as she is a maiden mare.

I'm sure you just put the tail bandage on to give us a better view of her rear end, but for the benefit of others who might read these post, I am adding the warning about bandaging the tail. Never leave a bandage on for more than half an hour unless it is loose, it is so easy to damage the circulation in the dock, often with tragic results.

Dont worry, we will never get tired of pictures! It is great to see the daily changes in the mares we are excitedly watching, so keep those pictures coming please.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the tip! I have read horror stories of entire tails falling out from bandages being too tight...not good. I will take it off as I was kind of worried that the last one that I did was a little tight.

Hi there, My name is Terry, I'm a big lurker on this thread! Reason being, I havn't bred any mares since 2009, just can't afford it any more, but I do visit this thread from time to time for my foal fix. I also live in the boonies and can only get dial up internet so can't use mare stare. This is only a suggestion, you can take it or leave it. I bought a infant, human, monitor at walmart, it has a camera that I put in y mare stall, then I put the reciever, like a little tv in my house. It is analog and I can watch my pregnant mares from in the house, and it has sound, so I can hear if they get restless! Looking forward to your foal.

Also, I don't see any posts on here from EAgle/Renee, is she OK?

Latest posts

Back