CMM *Melody foaled a palomino pinto colt on 3/12/14*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes she does look a little preggo but like everyone else is saying there is no way of truly knowing until the end!! She is so cute though I love her little blaze!!

I guess I should join the bunch of Aunties, so tell her hi from Auntie Kayla!!
default_smile.png

I can't get over how lovely your little girl is! she just has the sweetest little face, and what an amazing blaze she has
default_smile.png
I'm hoping she is pregnant and she does look very suspicious, although she reminds me ALOT of my girl, the aunty's will remember the fun I had with "Penny" (I'm not saying your girl isn't pregnant, she just looks very like my girl did)

I bought a wee tester and it tested negative, I thought it was wrong... she even had milk! anyway, turns out she was just fat! but she sure fooled all of us!

here are some pics, for you.

first is your girl, and then my girl in a pretty much same position...

photo-6.JPG 300112.JPG

Then my girl again a few weeks later!! there has to be a baby in that tummy right?! wrong LOL Penny just thought she wasn't getting enough attention lol.

1802121.JPG

considering that your girl is a maiden and she has the edema in front of her udder and she is very lopsided I still think there is a good chance your girl is pregnant, but as Renee has said if she isn't it won't be a bad thing she is soo young, a little growing time and maturing is the best thing for her, she is beautiful and I hope you get to have a healthy little foal. keep us updated
default_smile.png

OMG! Cassie that is way too funny! The resemblance is crazy... I actually think Miss Penny looks more pregnant than Summer does! Well Summer is moving over today with my colt at the other qt barn we call "heaven" one of the most beautiful properties I have ever seen! If I could keep my ponies there, I would! Forever! Another rescue mini mare arrives tomorrow! I will post photos and an update of her! All I have right now is a tiny photo of her at the auction with her stickers on her bum. Its only a side view, I don't even know if she has any facial markings!

Will keep you all posted on Summer and the new rescue! Thanks for everything!
default_yes.gif

-Lex

good luck with the move
default_smile.png
and I hope you are going to supply us Auntie's with some lovely photos of them in their new place
default_smile.png
sounds so nice!!

keep an eye on Summer still, as there is a good chance she could still be in foal
default_smile.png

Can't wait to meet your new addition!

The move went very smoothly, she loaded right on the trailer and popped right off! My Monaco was completely fascinated by her from the next stall over, he was so curios! She was right at home immediately, probably because she now knows were her people. She enjoys having a good run and head toss, is that normal for a pregnant mare? If she even is pregnant... Also her edema has moved back towards her udder... About a whole inch closer maybe more and today it looked as if it was really close to her udder, her udder even seemed slightly larger tonight... Is it normal for that edema to move? I know nothing about this! He stomach also seems lower to all of us... But she isn't huge like Anne who I have been watching, and waiting like the rest of us! I feel like the changes I am seeing aren't normal if she isn't that far along....

can you take some more pictures for us please? its probably your night time now so in the morning maybe?

right towards the end generally mares don't move around so much, but up to a month before having Finn Suzie would gallop up and down the paddock (well trying to LOL) a bit hard with her fat tummy, its different for each mare, some will be really wuicet and some will race around like feral heads LOL.

Yes its my night time now! Will definitely get photos tomorrow! Forgot to add... She kept looking back at her stomach tonight... Does that mean anything?

Might just be itchy
default_wink.png
One of my geldings points at his body when he wants a scratch
default_new_rofl.gif

Forgot to add the mini coming is not mine.. I just coordinated her purchase and ride to quarantine! Then she will go to a couple of little girls to be loved! I thought you ladies might like to see the pintoloosa rescue mare and her foal! Baby was born in quarantine completely unexpected, and very tiny. Mom was completely un halter broke and had not had proper care or diet, in result foal was very weak. Vet gave a VERY dim outlook for the foal but she is now thriving and 3 weeks old! Photos below are of her first day! I know its not a mini but photos are still fun! Hope you enjoy!

default_yes.gif

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0335.JPG

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

What a darling!

I'd like to smack her old owners for putting her in that situation!

oh my, she is SOOO tiny and sweet! I agree Bree! how people can do that to such beautiful creatures
default_sad.png
default_frusty.gif

lovely mumma and baby
default_smile.png
thanks for the pics

Oh what a gorgeous girl and such a pretty little filly - glad they both made it and will be placed with a new caring home for the future!

Hi Ladies!

Summer trusts us more and more each day, so today she decided she would really let me stick the camera under her to get clearer shots of her udder. The first photo is very blurry but wanted you to all see how the edema/pouch has moved back. In a couple photos its very clear how close it now is to her udder. What could this mean? Hoping you can all help!

Oh and the last photo she thought she would smile for everyone
default_smile.png

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0306.jpg

How soon after this normally happens would a foal be coming? Roughly? I just feel like she isn't huge so the changes are scaring me!

I don't go to action stations until there is at least a bag forming and even then I want a few of the other signs to be happening. Each mare is different but no mare foals with no signs!

she is looking good
default_smile.png
normally mares start to bag up 4 weeks before foaling... I say normally and no mare is normal, so as Diane has said don't panic but just keep an eye on her
default_smile.png
so hoping she is in foal for you :D

Summer has had a stand-off-ish attitude lately and really doesn't seem to much herself, even though we have only had her 3 weeks. She didn't want me checking anything today but I almost swore I saw a flutter or 2 late last night while she was munching away at her hay. There is a 4 year old stallion at the property she is on so today I locked him up and let her have some much needed time in the grass field! She really enjoyed herself! I took a couple hundred photos! (photography is my thing lol) I will post a few so you can all see! She has the funniest personality ever she can be a little witch but she is so cute its hard to get annoyed. She has a ton of funny long light hair under her head and on her neck but I highly doubt she will like clippers... She is very very fancy and moved so quickly I had a hard time getting good photos. The ones I am posting are definitely not the greatest but it was fun and you can tell! Hope you all enjoy!
default_smile.png

DSC_0598.JPG

DSC_0685.JPG

DSC_0684.JPG

DSC_0624.JPG

DSC_0619.JPG

DSC_0625.JPG

DSC_0627.JPG

DSC_0628.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0552 2.JPG

Latest posts