Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'M BACK!! Wow what a hooha to get this thing up and running! Would you believe that after three different engineers visited and numerous calls to our phone service, no-one could find the reason why we had no internet ................................... until some bright spark suggested checking our phone line that should bring the net to us, and guess what, they found that we were not even filtered in to the connection! So one flick of a switch and BINGO the net was up and running - late yesterday evening at last!! But it does make me just a wee bit cross after all this time that the answer was as simple as that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Will be in and out here instead of being here most of the day/evening, as here in my cozy caravan I have to disconnect everything and put the laptop away everytime I want it and then get it out again and reset up - no room/space for a continuously set up/connected laptop. But will get here as often as I can of course!

Lots of news and catching up from me about life here, but more of that another day. Glad you are all ok my friends - golly I have missed you all.
default_yes.gif

We have done nothing BUT miss you!!! I hope you've gone to check out those awesome little BABY EARS of Lily's !!!!! He's such a cutie!!!

Welcome back my friend, as Diane mentioned Lily couldn't wait for you but Suzie has been good
default_smile.png

Welcome back Anna we have all missed you terribly.

Glad your back and cant wait to hear whats been happening when you have time to tell us.

default_yes.gif
default_thumbup.gif

so typical of electrical ppl... haha I'm so glad you're back online Anna, we have missed you terribly.. was so worried Suzie would foal without you being here :/ so glad your'e back!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Hi all - back with another update. It's now just over 4 weeks since the 'move' across the farm and at last I feel I'm settling down to life in a caravan once again - a bit like being on an extended holiday! Well we haven't had that 'restful break' we hoped for as too much going on. We are still surrounded by piles and heaps of rubbish to be burnt, stacks of blocks which will be needed for future building works, mounds of timber from dismantled buildings that will prove useful again in the future and piles of tree trunks that we hope to convert into fencing posts later on. And in amongst all this, anywhere there is a spare space, there are my poor pots of plants - we have also been saving trees where they have had to be moved due to new boundaries going in and other work - hopefully they will all survive until we can decide where we want to replant them!

The last two weeks have seen the whole of the long driveway dug up at the side to allow new water supplies to come in from the road, and more trenches dug along side one of the fields to lay the new electric supply to our barn/buildings - up til now we have all been sharing the supplies to the original farm house, but as from yesterday we are now fully connected to our own supplies. Trouble is that over the past week we have been suffering from the remnants of Hurricaine Bertha so it has been pretty wet and windy and now we have MUD everywhere from all the trench work - bring back the glorious weather we all enjoyed during July please!

We still have one old mobile home and a small towing caravan to break up and get rid of which will free up a little more space, but will tackle this job in another week or so. Anyhow here are some general pics - first one is the old JCB that Cathy has been using to do most of the heavy work, it's been an absolute godsend I can tell you. Also pics of my old caravan in the yard getting a brush up and a check over, plus the newly prepared area for her final position and then her in situ, and my old 4x4 now defunct, being used as a prop for a load of gates. Plus a general 'mess' pic. More next post.

Few more pics of ongoing work, stacked plants and general 'mess'!

July 14 004.jpgJuly 14 003.jpg

July 14 005.jpgJuly 14 027.jpg

July 14 001.jpgJuly 14 028.jpg

July 14 030.jpg

Next post is specially for Diane!!

Ooooops - not sure why the pics on my first post didn't print, never mind they were just general pics and not that important! At least you got the newsy chat!

Now just for Diane (and anyone else who might be interested -- remember this Diane?

065.JPG

Well here she is 2 years on pictured a couple of days ago just about to climb on the quad - perhaps to try out her driving skills? LOL!!

048.JPG

Some close ups of her colouring - interested to see that her legs are also spotting - most of my 'spotties' have normal dark legs?

July 14 006.jpgJuly 14 008.jpg

July 14 011.jpgJuly 14 012.jpg

Yes, I remember!! How beautiful she is!!! She's going to be one to keep watching as her spotting continues!!!!

And, WOW! What a lot of work you've all done. Hang in there my dear friend! Hopefully, the mud will pass soon.

Hows everything going Anna ? Love reading your updates, so when you have time (hint hint) and if you want to include lots of Pics I wont complain.

Ryan
default_biggrin.png

LOL Ryan! OK will get my brain together and do you an update in a day or two.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for your pm a few weeks back, it was greatly appreciated.

Hello my friends! Firstly let me apologise for my lack of posts recently - I have been popping in early in the morning each day to read through the threads though. After all the gales and driving rain we experienced here in January, we suddenly got snow - not much but enough to cause trouble for a couple of days. But worse it suddenly decided to do a big freeze. This did cause a problem as, due to all the building work and sale of part of the farm last year, I only have the one water pipe running to our side of the farm, proividing the water for me in my caravan and travelling on to fill the automatic tanks across the horses fields. This pipe runs above ground and therefore froze! Most days with the sun it thawed itself around 5pm for an hour or so before it froze again. Have spent the last two weeks madly filling containers to provide water to last myself each 24 hours and then walking the fields to check that the tanks have also filled. Also ran a hose to the field close to the buildings to fill an old bath and as many bins as we could find as an emergency supply for the minis should the pipe not thaw on a daily basis.

The mare herd are running their winter 23 acres and during the awful rain we did run them out some hay just to warm them up. Once the freeze came we had the big round bales of hay run out to them - they are munching their way through their third bale at the moment and will get another in the next couple of days. We did have a couple of days when the water supply did not thaw out so had to open up the gates for the girls and let them wander through the fields to come up to the buildings to use the 'emergency' supplies - certainly kept them fit coming all the way across for their water and then making their way all the way back to get to their hay!!

On top of all this we had two emergencies. Firstly Mrs Nest (JR terrier) poisoned herself with something. Neither we or our new neighbours use poison of any sort, but I think that she may have picked up and eaten some of the raisins that were mixed in with a batch of bird food that I had put out on the bird table - they could have got flicked off on to the floor by the birds. its the only thing I can think of and raisins are poisonous to dogs. She was very poorly for a couple of days and pretty weak for several more, but she's a tough little customer and thankfully made a full recovery.

Then we had another emergency and this time sadly itwas not a successful outcome. I'm sorry to tell you that we have lost our little Ferret (for 'newcomers here Ferret was a mini colt not a Ferret!). Over the course of week he showed mild colic symptoms and not showing any real improvement by the second day he went off to our wonderful vets at their fab hospital. As thispost is getting rather long I will post another one a bit later on today (got to go do the horses now) as his symptoms and up's and down's are very interesting and educational, but for now, suffice to say that after another 4 days his condition suddenly worsened and they put him down. The vets and their nurses were so upset at not being able to find exactly what was wrong with him they kindly offered to do a PM for us free of charge. He was suffering from a rare Caecal Intussusception - look that up folks!! Even if they could possibly have known this on the first day, it is highly unlikely that operating would have been successful, and with recovery costs could well have cost us around £7000, which I'm afraid we simply couldn't have afforded. As I said, I will post more details in anoher post.

RIP little Ferret - you touched many hearts in your short life. (2012-2015)

024.JPGAugust 12 005.jpg

August 12 006.jpg010.JPG

I've missed you much my dear friend. Sounds like you've had your work cut out for you, though. Sounds like the first job in the spring is to bury the water line!! LOL

So sorry about little Ferret. He was such a beauty!! Run. Free little one!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope everything is back on track soon enough. So sorry about your little one. He was oh so cute.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little ferret. I hope there is nicer warmer weather headed in your direction. Water problems are not fun
default_sad.png

Sorry to hear about Ferret RIP little guy.

Sending you sun and warmth Anna
default_smile.png

Thanks for the update (which I always love reading)

Take Care
default_smile.png

Back