Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaC

Reaction score
Ok so I suppose it is now my turn to join the foaling stakes! I have possibly 7 to foal and they are due throughout July. No cams I'm afraid, so you will just have to make do with my pictures/updates and loads of my 'woffle' LOL!! It's actually a bit complicated as all but one of them are related in some way, but I'll try to keep it simple for you as I introduce them.
default_yes.gif

First the girls -- at the start of it all is my wonderful 'mature girl' Nutty (22) who has been with me since she was a 3 year old. She's a dark bay and around 35" (all UK measurements), in foal to Dragon (Darmonds Boogerman's Bravado).

Next is Nokomis (commonly known as Narcotics or Cotics) (17) Nutty daughter, snowflake, approx 36", in foal to Ancaster Masterpiece (Spotbum). (lost a foal to him last year, foaling 5 weeks early and foal in the bag)

Next is Lady (8), another Nutty daughter, black and white pinto by mini British Shetland Romany Kajun (Buzz) approx 35", in foal to Dragon for her second foal.

Next is Neyla (6) another Nutty daughter, black and white pinto by my Falabella stallion Ansel, approx 34", in foal to Dragon for her second foal.

Next is Nell (8) Narcotic's daughter, black and white pinto with white mottling (sabino?) by Buzz, approx 35", in foal to Spotbum for her second foal.

Then comes Prue (no relation to Nutty LOL!!) (10) black and white pinto by Buzz, approx 36", in foal to Dragon for her 4th foal.

And lastly comes little Vee (no relation to anyone!!) (11) solid bay, approx 30" in foal to Dragon for her 4th foal - 3 fillies so far!!

They all moved over to Cathy's farm around 3 weeks ago and we have had problems with the change in grass between here and there. Here they are out at grass all year round and I never have 'digestive' problems, but although the grass is short at Cathy's (cows and sheep have grazed the field down for my girls) it is 'cow' grass, and proved a bit rich for them - loose droppings and the weight piled on, poor Prue suddenly became a bit feely footed so hastily got her into the big barn and treated her as per laminitic and after 5 days of just an hour outside on the grass she is fine, but lesson learnt and she's now allowed out for 2 hours in the afternoon. Cathy's partner bought 30 cows down into the field for us to munch it again, reducing it to a lot less than the girls normally have here (it s only just over an acre field), but had to move the cows of again in two days as they were hungry! So Cathy is running in and out fetching the girls in to the barn at various times depending upon what we think they should be eating, but hopefully they will all settle soon.

Still not too sure whether they are all in foal or not - upon arrival 3 of them saw Ansel in the barn (he's in during the day and out at night) and wiggled their way down the barn, tails up, saying "Hello darling and how are you today, oooooo you are such a handsome man" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr well we shall see. LOL!!

That's it for now. Lots more idle chat will be coming while we WAIT, but I can tell you that Narcotics (covered Aug 19 to 24th) suddenly developed quite a bag overnight last night and she is meant to be the second LAST to foal, still after her catching us unawares so early last year, Cathy is keeping a close watch on her.

Pics will follow soon!!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Looking forward to piccies!

Yea Anna, sounds like you have your hands ful with all these babies due. And you also sound very organized
default_thumbup.gif
Looking forward to following your girls with their foalings.

Like Diane, I would also love to see a pic of Anselmo.

Will try for you Diane but he is just so unphotogenic LOL!!

Bit of a problem here this morning. Heard what I though was a couple of my cats having a scuffle outside around 1am last night. Mrs Nest (my JR terrier) shot off the bed and rushed out the cat flap to sort them out, suddenly there was a real screaming match going on. Shot out of bed and leaned out the window shouting madly - thought Mrs Nest had got hold of a cat! The screaming stopped and I grabbed my dressing down to go down stairs to check. Mrs Nest came into the bedroom looking very dejected and 'grubby' and I told her off for chasing the cats. On my way down stairs I passed all the cats looking very worried, one was missing. Called out the back door and he appeared looking nervous but unhurt. Mrs Nest followed me back down stairs still looking worried, shaken and very nervous. Suddenly realised that SHE had been attacked by whatever was outside in the garden. Poor Nest - and I had shouted at her, which obviously didn't help her as she was now very worried about ME!!

She seems to be 'unhurt' - one or two tiny blood spots here and there but was obviously very distressed and shaken. Having made sure there was no actual damage I gave her a small warm drink and sat with her stroking her gently and talking to her. Eventually we all made our way back to bed, she moving very slowly. She got more and more stiff as time went past and I sat up on my bed with her until 5am this morning, when I dosed off. She's still laying in the same position now, covered with a warm blanket, sleeping calmly, but from what I can gather, something must have picked her up and given her a good shake (not easy with a sporty JR who kills rats quicker than you can snap your fingers!) and she is now so stiff she doesn't want to move!

Now wondering how I can get her off the bed and downstairs - not sure she's going to want to move herself as all her muscles must be 'strained', but I do need her down on the flat, so she can get outside when she needs, she certainly cant tackle the stairs herself! Once I do manage to get her down, do you think I could give her half a dispersible aspirin (I have to take one a day and they are a very mild dosage - 75 wotsits, not the ususal 300), would it help a little with her seized muscles?? Any other suggestions?? She is 7 by the way so not a youngster in doggy years as I know aspirin are not good for children.

See I told you that you will get involved in life here - not just with the horses!!

wow Anna, you poor thing! what sort of animals do you have out there that could do that to your gorgeous dog?

yes you should be right to give her a 1/4 aspirin, wait how much does she weigh? I would start off with 1/4 and then if that doesn't help give her another 1/4... poor sweety... does she have any bad cuts ? does she favour one leg? or is she just sore all over?? Im sure you have checked her all over your such a good mum
default_smile.png
but I just hate seeing dog or any fight wounds on animals...
default_sad.png
get better soon Mrs Nest!!!

oh poor Nest, I am so sorry Anna. I would slid something under her like a tray or something and then carry her downstairs, if she isn't up by this afternoon to drink and pee you might have to take her to the vets for an xray.

Hugs Renee

Thank you my friends - glad to say that she is going to be ok eventually.
default_yes.gif

Cathy came over around 10am (she is actually Cathy's dog) and after about an hour of us sitting with her Mrs Nest very carefully got herself up and wobbled across the bed into Cathy's arms - who had quickly moved round to catch her. We waited a bit longer with her standing leaning against Cathy's chest and then very carefully Cathy tried lifting her. All ok, and we carried her out into the garden, got her on the grass and supported her as she moved off. You are quite right Diane, she needed to move to release some of those strained muscles. She wobbled away, gaining strength, but with a wonky back leg - hock is a bit swollen - and had a pee, actually two pees, and a few moments later a poo - no blood in either thank goodness. Any way she is not right yet, still very stiff, but willing to move around when she needs too. We will be keeping a good eye on how she progresses, particularly on her swollen hock, but she is one tough little customer and a brilliant 'self healer' so I think time will be the right answer for her.

Mrs Nest sends you all her thanks for the good wishes and would give you kisses if she reach you all!!

Pics of the mares will be here this evening.
default_yes.gif

Oh, poor punkin' - Hope your pup feels better with some exercise and a lot of TLC. I do give aspirin for minor ouches to my dog, too,

as per my old vet.

Sometimes TLC helps a lot, they are very brave little dogs and her feelings may be hurt that something got the jump on her.

July is coming on quickly.....and we'll be able to cheer on your girls with you.

Thanks Nancy - yes she does seemed 'bothered' that she got caught unawares! We think it might have been a polecat which turned on her instead of running and they probably had a 'roll about/entangled' fight before my shouting out the window stopped the fight. We do have Badgers, but they are normally across the fields not right outside the back porch door and a fox would have shot off hearing her coming. Of course there is also the Brechfa Beast that is said to roam our forest - but that's just myth???????????????

She is walking better - well rolling/pacing really - and using that back leg ok, plus she's had three small meals all with a little chicken added and several small drinks of warm tea - just a splash of milk - and insisted on being with me while I did teatime horses, but she is also sleeping a lot which i feel is good for the recovery process.

Mrs Nest - on our way from our top barn at teatime and outside the back porch right next to the old, now weedy, veg enclosure where the fight took place. Piffle, just realised I need the more reply options to post pics. So next post folks and I will follow with mare pics.
default_yes.gif

Now the girls! I will probably put just two pics on each post asit is less muddling for me (new to this way of posting pictures.

I will get them all posted so if you would rather wait to see them all following on, then please wait to post your comments until I get to the end of the posts. Thank you.

First Cathy's barn when viewed from the field and Neyla with cow 'friends' up the field.

may-20 089.jpg

may-20 087.jpg

Next Nutty, - covered from aug. 10th onwards - she was one that reacted to Ansel, so in foal or empty?

may-20 081.jpg

may-20 080.jpg

Ooooooo forgot to say please excuse all the dried mucky mess round the front of the barn - they had just finished mucking out from the sheep so that Cathy can build the horse pens, and hadn't finished clearing up!

Next Narcotics - covered from Aug 19th owards - she has milk bag, will get pics for you when I'm next over there.

may-20 084.jpg

may-20 066.jpg

Next Lady - covered Aug 6th onwards - this is only her second foal, her first is now 4 years old.

As I only have one pic of Lady I'm including Neyla too, covered Aug 16th on for 2nd foal.

may-20 070.jpg

may-20 088.jpg

Next Prue - covered Aug 7th onwards and Nell - covered Aug 12 on for 2nd foal.

may-20 083.jpg

may-20 085.jpg

And finally, little Vee (3/4 Falabella Diane and spotted sire!!) Vee IS in foal as she is normally such a sweet little poppet and is now a right crabby wotsit - no chance of even peering at her boobies this time round so it must be a colt, which would be good as we have three fillies from her already. LOL!! Covered Aug 20th onwards.

Thats all folks - how many do you think might be in foal??

Thanks for looking.

may-20 086.jpg

may-20 069.jpg

Oh what a good girl to go with you to feed the teatime meal. She probably wanted to be sure she was there to protect you from 'the monster'.

The chicken and tea probably didn't hurt her feelings either and moving about as we know, for ourselves, is really the best remedy.

Love the farm photos .... it's a dreamscape.

The girls are all looking so good -- next few weeks will be the telling tale.

Latest posts

Back