Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how between us all we can usually feed the foal fix year round!
default_new_rofl.gif

Thanks Karina, I'm a bit of a fusspot with my girls
default_whistling.gif
Before they went out for the winter they got the whole grooming/worming/feet treatment and when the farrier arrived each tail had been brushed out and neatly trimmed
default_new_rofl.gif
Now with foal bellies I just like to go out to thier paddock, sit down and wait to get mugged! Beauty always tries to stick her muzzle somewhere she shouldn't... at least the other's stick to my hair!

Wings has been a bad, bad girl.....

..... and now there will be a 7th foal due this season.
default_whistling.gif
:whistling

In other news there is actual sunlight today so I'll probably have new pictures tonight.

The daddy isn't one of mine but he has a whole page for himself on his owner's website, it's this guy http://sedonaminiatures.com/Rembrandtspage.html

The mare is coming from them as well but she isn't on the site. Like I said, I was very bad
default_thumbup.gif

No new pics of my girls since a friend came over for a training session instead.

Naughty Bree. LOL!! He's gorgeous - cant wait to see pictures of the new girl. How exciting!!

Your girls are looking great Bree, but then they always do, bless them. I love the way they look so relaxed and happy - it shows on their faces and in their expressions. Your new little lady is a lucky girl to be able to join such a happy little band.
default_thumbup.gif

Naughty girl Bree lol I am a little green lol I can't wait for pics
default_smile.png

Thanks Anna
default_blush.png
I guess I'll have to stop being naughty and spill now
default_worshippy.gif

This is my new girl, and it's the pic that made me fall in love with her!

Foal07 016.jpg

She's a dark golden palomino tobiano pinto 8 year old small horse. She's out of a Trios Night Ryder daughter (I don't think the name means much overseas but he's a bit of a name over here. Dreamy is a Trios daughter and Twinkles is a grand daughter) and by Shangrila BW Red Emperor, a Trios grandson and multi National Supreme halter and performance stallion. I love her looks, she has an atheltic build with araby characteristics and has a good nature and movement! Pretty much the whole package.

She's had three foals, a palomino tobiano (I think a filly) a palomino filly and a palomino colt. All to a chestnut sire so it's her first time to Rembrandt. I love what she's previously produced and what she's carrying now will be Red Emperor linebred so should be an exciting foal.

I'm owning her in partnership with my mother who fell in love when I sent her the above pic and offered to go halves. She's registered as Party Girl but mum declared naming rights and picked Kalari as her new name.

She's due November onwards and will arrive in September. I can't wait!
default_thumbup.gif

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

ooooooooh I am SOOOO jealous!!! lol Bree she is beautiful! I can't wait to see what they produce! is it hard to change registration names? I'm thinking of changing Suzie's just a little and I just wonder what I have to do.... lol.

p.s do you brand your foals? I know your dnt need it in mini horses, but apparantley you need it in ponies... I dont' want to brand my baby man
default_sad.png
lol

can't wait till you get your new mumma!

You can see why I just had to be naughty and bring her home
default_whistling.gif

Cassie I don't bother to change registered names, I'm not sure if it's possible and it doesn't stop me from calling them whatever I want out in the paddock. Rivain is registered as Thunderlena, Baringa is Just A Gigolo and of course we know And Still I Rise is Lyric!

I'm not currently branding but I think I will. It's a visible theft deterent, is easier to spot if a horse gets seperated from his papers. You either have to chip or/and brand with the mini horses. Derby and Special are chipped, almost all my girls and stallions are branded.

Oooooooo no wonder you fell in love Bree!! She's stunning - bet you cant wait for September to come!
default_thumbup.gif

Can't come soon enough! I'll have just enough time to get to know her a bit before she foals. Apparently she has read the textbook and bags up very predictably. Let's hope she doesn't forget what she's read!
default_new_rofl.gif

I've got my fingers crossed for a dilute filly
default_smile.png

Glad to hear he made his mark over with you guys as welll... he certainly did over here! He died the same year as another of my favourite imports, Tinkers sire Roys Toy Snippets Silverado.

Trios certainly passed on his coat! Dreamy is a classic copy of him. What would you call it Diane? It looks like varnish but they never varnish out to white like most do.

Well haven't updated much
default_new_rofl.gif
The winter gross-ness vanished for a week so I've been out getting on top of the jobs that had been piling up. Should have grabbed some photos because now Ill be stuck waiting for a break in the rain
default_thumbdown.gif

All the girls are looking good though, nice weight and slowly ballooning bellies
default_thumbup.gif
Painted Lady could give me a foal in a month and a half!

She is beautiful, Bree! All these palominos... I wish I had the room...

Thanks
default_smile.png
I'm smitten with her and she isn't even here yet
default_new_rofl.gif
Can't believe I have to wait until September!

I adore my golden dilutes
default_thumbup.gif
Always have! Especially the really deep coloured ones. Of the 7 foals due here 3 have a chance of being dilute, Rivain's, Fantasy's and now Kalari's. Fingers crossed!

I also can't wait to see what Lyric ends out like. One person was really sure she'd end out sooty or smutty, a few others thought she'd be very pale cream. But myself and my mentors have seen enough of her unclipped to see some areas of deep gold in her coat. We're convinced she's going to be like her sire, a very golden dilute!

At this point she won't be coming out this season as she has bashed her face on something and injured her eye. I'm working with the vet to get it to heal up properly but until she is 100% she won't be in the ring, even if I was the type to take her out anyway she isn't the type to perform unless she feels like it. Fingers crossed that she can come back out for her 2yr old halter season but she still has a breeding and harness future ahead of her.

Only good thing is we'll get to see her true summer coat, no clipping to mask it!

Latest posts

Back