Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably will wait until the afternoon, right now they are all down the bottom of the paddock
default_thud.gif
but they're usually all up this end in the afternoon... probably because that's when I feed the other horses! Not that the girls need anything right now, they've got enough grass and I only chuck them hay on the really gross nights.

Wings do you do foaling cams too? If so I would love the link as they get closer!

Beautiful mares!

Depends what you're after really. I aim for August/September foals because they reach showing age quicker but a lot of people aim for October or later because the weather is much nicer. I don't want anything later then December because I feel they lag behind the early foals during thier show career.

I can't wait for your foals this year! When are they all due?

LOVE all the pictures! What a lovely bunch!

LOL at Lyric just wanting to take a look at the vet again!

Sorry for lackof pics, it's been pouring with rain so badly we've almost had the road flooded a few times! Thankfully being on the hill we only have to worry about mud. But of course this means it's really hard to take the camera out and the girls are feeling uncooperative.

I'm already trying to work out how to split the small paddocks between my show horses, broodmares and stallions
default_frusty.gif
I badly need to split up two of the mdium paddocks but won't be able to do that before foaling season! I HAVE to keep Painted Lady apart as she is a foal stealer and even with her own foal due first up I don't trust her with the others. I think I'll run her with Jilla who, if pregnant, is due much later in the season and is zero threat to a newborn or foaling mother.

It's like a game of musical paddocks
default_new_rofl.gif

how are things down your way this morning Bree? luckily we didn't get it as bad as I've heard you guys have had it! stay safe down there! hope your munchkins are all ok! its freezing! and snowing at Katoomba which is only 1 hour away from us LOL

I can often see snow from my vernadah but thankfully we aren't high enough to get any ourselves... but high enough to not get flooded! Today actually looks sunny so I'll probably vanish outside for most of the day and hopefully get some new pics.

I am looking forward to your pictures! I seem to always play musical paddock too....Between Stallion, gelding and pregnant mares!

haha that sunny weather didn't hang around long up here, hoping it stayed for you down there! would love to see some new pics! :D

Hope the weather stays fine enough for you to get us some pics of your lovely chips Bree.
default_yes.gif

The weather was really nice today so I spent a lot of time with the girls
default_thumbup.gif

Here's Fantasy. She only got covered once by Pallidon and thanks to the way she carries a lot of fluid her belly is rather stretched. However to me she looks similar to when she was infoal with Storm so I have my fingers crossed.

fantasyside120606.jpg

fanastyfront120606.jpg

"Does this angle make my butt look big?"

beauty120606.jpg

Most promising pic of Jilla so far! I don't think fat comes in the lop sided variety!
default_thumbup.gif

jillafront120606.jpg

"OMG It's moving."

pladyside120606.jpg

"Stop playing with the camera and LOVE ME!"

plady120606.jpg

"I'm ready for my close up."

AshantiStar.jpg

(Ashanti is empty this year but she didn't want to miss out on some photos.)

I hope so Cassie, looking forward to a busy foaling season, although once I stop getting sleep I'll probably feel more like this
default_frusty.gif

If I stuck a cam up on the paddocks the barn cat would steal them
default_new_rofl.gif

Maybe when the new stables go up
default_yes.gif

So you are going to fuel our need for foal fixes quite nicely during the run up to getting turns on the top of the map.

And of course Ashanti needed her photo taken.....

Your mares are looking fab and you wont feel August creeping up on you. Your ladies will definitely keep our baby fix going well into the Autumn.

Back