Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wings

Reaction score
Ok, kicking this season off a little early but I can't wait any longer
default_new_rofl.gif

Bit of history, this is my third foaling season so I'm still somewhat of a rookie. I'm in Australia so my foaling season starts in August, most of my mares are due August/September. I foal in small groups outside so no cameras or marestare but I photograph all my mare changes, test milk with ph/pool strips when closer and use foaling alarms.

I'm going to put up a post for the boys and each mare so that it's easy to refer back to them if we all chat along like we usually do
default_new_rofl.gif

Firewalker Tinkers Toy Boy is a black minimal tobiano/sabino miniature height stallion. This is his first season here with me but he has numerous foals at his last stud including some very impressive show winners. The four mares in foal to him are Painted Lady, Beauty, Dreamy and Jilla.

2331e1e0.jpg

Copy of tinkershow1.JPG

Kooka Heights Sir Pallidon is a palomino small horse height stallion. This is his second season and he only has 2 foals on the ground from last year. The two mares in foal to him are Rivain and Fantasy, the crew from last year will recognise them both
default_smile.png

sirpallidon greendale.jpg

pallivh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Painted Lady foaled a chestnut tobiano/splash colt on the morning of the 25/08/12. Pictures on page 45

First girl due is Kooka Heights Painted Lady, a chestnut tobiano/sabino/splash small horse mare.

She hits day 320 on the 1st of August if she took in her first covering or the 17th if she went on her second.

This photo is from last winter when she wasn't pregnant:

Painted22.jpg

And this one just because who doesn't love a crazy hair day shot?

plady.jpg

UPDATE: Dreamy foaled a black minimal tobiano pintaloosa (snowflake) colt on the night of 07/09/12. Pictures start on page 57

Second mare up, Kooka Heights Mystical Dream, my apparently brown based appaloosa mare who is a direct Trios Night Ryder daughter.

She's my tiniest mare and had a few of us fooled last year so I hope she doesn't do it again.

Her day 320 is the 5th of August or the 31st of August.

Here she is last summer when she was pulled out of the paddock and shown for a bit as a mature broodmare against 4year olds!

2010_0522_3108.jpg

2010_0522_3093.jpg

And a shot last winter when we were all trying to work her out.

dreamy belly3.jpg

UPDATE: Beauty foaled a black minimal tobiano colt on the night of 19/09/12. Pictures start on page 68

Third mare up, Kooka heights Royal Beauty, black snowflake appaloosa miniature mare. Also Pallidon's half sister (same stallion) and Dreamy's (same dam.)

She is a horrid little flirt so has never stopped talking to the stallions, but she rejected them after her first covering which puts her day 320 at the 8th of August.

Beauty last winter and not pregnant:

beauty2.jpg

UPDATE: Rivain turned out to be empty, she will go back with Pallidon to try for a 2013 foal.

Now for a familar face Kooka Heights Thunderlena, or Rivain as we all know her. Red bay miniature mare with her repeat mating to Pallidon.

Her day 320 is the 26th of August.

Here she is a few summers ago and empty:

Rivain1.jpg

here she is last winter pregnant:

Rivain.jpg

And here is what she and Pallidon made last year:

lyricshow2.jpg

default_wub.png
obviously I'm hoping for a repeat!

UPDATE: Fantasy foaled a chestnut minimal splash colt on the morning of the 13/11/12. Pictures on page 85

Another familar face, Southern Star Fantasy of the Opera is a minimal splash bay small horse mare, shes 1/4 welsh pony and I'm very excited about pairing her with Pallidon.

She hits day 320 on the 30th of October and was only covered once. I'm hoping she took.

Here she is with her first foal (not mine)

Fantasy13.jpg

Fantasy naturally carries VERY wide and takes awhile to spring back into shape. Since this is her third foal in a row she still has her broody gut and is not giving me any indication. At the end of her pregnancy she looked like this:

fantasy 0711 wideload.jpg

UPDATE: Jilla foaled a black tovero filly on the night of 13/10/12. Pictures start on page 76 and 77

Last mare is Marlanoc Patchwork Jillaroo a brown tovero small horse mare. Jilla will not hand serve so she was turned out with Tinker on the 19th of October and was not currently in heat. My scribbled notes indicate that she seemed in heat later on but I never witnessed a mating so she is the big unknown.

Here she is with a previous foal:

Jilla.jpg

Jillaface.jpg

Hey Bree, great to have your girls back with us again!! Cant believe that it will soon be a year since we all got together and became friends while waiting for the mares to foal.
default_yes.gif

Cant wait to see what your girls produce for you this year - keeping my fingers crossed for another Lyric - how about a new picture of that beautiful girl?

I can't believe it as well Anna, it doesn't feel like it's been a year, or almost a year anyway
default_new_rofl.gif

Diane Beauty gives us a nice little mystery, you see she and her half sister Dreamy are both appies. But Dreamy gets it from her sire, he himself was, and threw, a lot of that varnish colouring.. but they never go white from it, just that flecked colouring! Anyway her and Beauty's dam was solid bay and having met her I can confirm she looks solid bay.

Now are you ready for the mystery?
default_smile.png
Beauty shares her sire with Pallidon and I KNOW that line isn't an appie line so.... where did Beauty sneak her spots from?

And just to help with the spot craving, two of thier past foals.

Beauty's last foal, a silver bay appaloosa

beauty bub.jpg

Here she is grown up

beauty bub2.jpg

And Dreamy's last foal to Pallidon's sire:

dreamy04foal.jpg

yes that is a buckskin, with a blanket and from what I have heard those eyes stayed like that
default_wub.png

That's what I reckon too
default_thumbup.gif
Of course, try convincing everyone when she is so solid looking with nothing obvious in her closer line (and I don't know anything further back) Beauty is the proof of that! And Dreamy is such a classic example of her sire's appaloosa gene she gets left out..even though she's got a double dose!

I so want a repeat of that little bucky colt!
default_yes.gif
She can produce one to Pallidon but she went to Tinker this year to have a shot at giving me a pintaloosa
default_thumbup.gif
In fact my only pairing that can't produce a white pattern is Rivan and Palli, everyone else has a good chance of spots, pinto or both!

I'm going to pull my desk apart and not stop until I find this camera cord!
default_new_rofl.gif

Then I'll take some new photos of last years foals in their winter pjs and I'll take some belly shots of the mares for us to um and ah over. The problem with them at this stage is one day they look pregnant and the next day I doubt them!

I felt Beauty's foal kicking
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Also found my camera cord so will be taking new broodmare pics tonight and uploading them! Plus shaggy weanling shots
default_thumbup.gif

yippee!! so exciting! I'm so happy you felt Beauty's foal Bree, I can't wait to see her little one!

and YAY for FINALLY finding the camera cord!!! LOL

and YAY for new piccies! can't wait to see your gorgeous little fluff balls!!! LOL

Soooooo happy to have my camera up and running again! Even if everyone is hairy!

Lyric and Derby:

lyric&derby.jpg

Sterling and Storm:

sterling&storm.jpg

Sterling with his very smoochy face:

sterlingwinter.jpg

Storm with his blue fleck:

stormwinter.jpg

And now for broodmares!

Beauty, horrid shot because she was way more interested in her grooming session!

beautyside120530.jpg

Dreamy, wondering when I'll stop woth the photos and go back to hugging her
default_smile.png
I've also felt her foal kick!

dreamyside120530.jpg

dreamyfront120530.jpg

Jilla, still not sure about this girl since I never saw her get bred.

jillaside120530.jpg

Painted Lady, I'm fairly sure about this girl!

pladyside120530.jpg

pladyfront120530.jpg

Rivain, I'm also fairly confident about her.

rivainside120530.jpg

rivainfront120530.jpg

Nothing of Fantasy because she was down the other end of the 12acre paddock and didn't want to play cameras with me.

So what do you all think?

YAY!!!! oh your weanlings look sooo good! :D thank you Bree! your girls are looking great! I would have to say that Lady and Dreamy definitley look preggers and the others are looking really good too
default_smile.png
I hope Jilla is pregnant! she is so pretty!

Derby reminds me so much of Finn hehe, so cute! and you know how much I ADORE Sterling!!

and wow I love Storms fleck! thats such a cool pic
default_smile.png

Thanks for all the pics Bree
default_smile.png
yippee!

Oh thank you for the pictures Bree - lovely to see the 'babies' again, they are all looking great!!
default_thumbup.gif

As for your girls, they too are looking great and I would say that they are ALL in foal (chase down to the end of that pasture so we can have a picture of the herd's 'missing link'!)
default_yes.gif

Thanks guys
default_smile.png
Lyric is a little scruffer in her winter fluff! Not sure if she will be showing this season 'cause she bonked her head on something and injured her eye, I won't be able to take her out until that heals up. Honestly this filly will be the death of me! I've told the vet she must have a crush on him :rotf

Oh, the pictures are just great!!! Lyric is so pretty, even in her woolies!!!

You KNOW I'll be watching the "spots" especially!!
default_whistling.gif

They are all looking very good. You'll have to give us their expected dates and pictures of the expectant daddies!!!

Just lovely!!
I've told Beauty and Dreamy not to let you down
default_yes.gif

I should have all due dates stuck on the first page as well as stallion pics. Figured we wouldn't lose them if I could stick them all there!

Oh thank you for the pictures Bree - lovely to see the 'babies' again, they are all looking great!!
default_thumbup.gif

As for your girls, they too are looking great and I would say that they are ALL in foal (chase down to the end of that pasture so we can have a picture of the herd's 'missing link'!)
default_yes.gif
That's certainly what I'm hoping, I want a busy foaling season this year
default_thumbup.gif
Who needs sleep?

I'll track down Fantasy today, I think she might be pregnant but she was only bred once and her belly is stretched from her previous two foals... so she looks fat even if she isn't in foal!

oh no naughty Lyric!! haha I can so imagine that with the vet LOL funny little girl!

would love to see some pics of Fantasy please
default_smile.png

Back