Mini mare in foal, not sure when she's due...photos. **updated MORE photos**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mima Acres

Reaction score
Usually I'm reading up on all the great info on L'il Beginnings but I thought I'd post for a change and see if anyone could provide any input based on my pictures of my mini mare. I have breeding dates ranging between May 28 and June 28 and I've been keeping a close eye on her because I don't know when she is due! I live out in the boonies so I can't get her on mare stare
default_sad.png

I just noticed a change in her udder a couple days ago (looking fuller). Here are a few pics, sorry they aren't the best she follows me everywhere haha. Thanks!

2-18-2012083.jpg
Taken a couple weeks ago March 24th

Last 2 taken today...
7b0f5465.jpg

ba1af419.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't a clue about when she will foal, but I love her little short head and thin throat latch, she should present you with a lovely foal!

Oooh ... she's a pretty mare! How tall is she? Is she a maiden or experienced mare? Not too sure how to help other than to say to watch for the signs ... I have a maiden mare due around June 1st. She was hand bred so I know when but don't know how she will present when the time gets closer. I'm getting anxious and excited like you are ... I love this time of year and reading about and seeing everyone's foals!

Wow, she is lovely. How tall is she and is she a maiden? Can you take a photo from behind to see how wide she is? As they get closer they slim down as baby drops into position and it almost looks as though they aren't pregnant from behind. Her udder is looking good but it depends if she has foaled before or not. Can you take a photo of her udder from behind? just lift her tail and snap
default_smile.png

i love this time of year, it is so exciting
default_yes.gif

Thank you for your kind responses, she is a sweetheart! I'm enjoying seeing her shed out and find out what she looks like under all that hair! I'm VERY excited and can hardly wait for the foal. I messed up with my dates in the first post, the breeding dates I have are May-July 28 not June...so I could be potentially waiting for some time! I'm a stay at home mom so I keep a close eye on her. This will be her second foal, I didn't own her when she had her first but from what I'm told she did well. I think she is right around 34" +/-. She had her vaccinations today and I was hoping to chat with my vet more but he got an emergency call and had to take off. Here is a rear view of her taken this afternoon.

c607f296.jpg

974717ae.jpg

Oh, the foal appears to be still in the transferse position, but her bag with the nipples pointing down mean she is real close. I would not take my eyes off of her from here on out! Watch for her to slab side out from the rear, that means that the foal is gettin into positon and dropping, also check for her vulva to elongate and soften. Also the bag will be the same size in the morning as it is at night and maybe be hard.

Your mare is very pretty.

I would guess from the pictures you might have 3-6 weeks. I feel her bag will get fuller and the foal will drop down more before she foals.

Will be looking for the birth announcement and pictures!

Have no idea when she will foal, but what a pretty mare you have there. What is her breeding?

Lizzie
Thanks. I'm totally new to minis and don't know much about her breeding...

Little Kings Russian Revelation x Crown Meadow Bonnie Petit

Ah ha. No wonder she's pretty. I love Revelation. His sire is Little Kings White Russian and his dam, Fishers Dun Intrigue.

LK White Russian, is a son of Boones Little Buckeroo x LKs Buckeroo Cameo.

I think, Crown Meadow Bonnie Petit was black. Not absolutely sure though. I'm tending to think she was/is owned by someone on this forum.

Lizzie

That's great. Thanks for letting me know, I'd love to join in
default_smile.png

Your mare is quite lovely and I hope you will join us on the Mare/Foal forum here on LB. We have a great group of ladies who will love to "watch" your mare through your pictures and help you enjoy the wait!!! Please come join us! We have lots of mares-in-waiting, some on cams and some being "watched" through pictures!

Latest posts

Back