Maple Hollow Farms Foaling Camera *New Pics :-D*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow what a line up. You are going to be busy and what pretty mares. Cant wait to see these ladies pop out those babies

Yep I have Buttons
default_yes.gif
, I was so happy for the chance to buy her and it has been an adventure with her so far! I lost her colt that was my first foal from her to lightning last summer and then she went missing for 3 days after we were hit by a tornado!
default_thud.gif
Luckily we found her completely fine just scared and still in foal. When we got her to my parents and she heard her friends she shook the whole trailer trying to get out and back with them!

Ellie is 30" so teeny enough and bred to MT who is 30" sometimes less depending on who measures him lol!

Today should be a good day for letting Missy out, finally a day without any rain!!! I let her out when it stopped raining in the afternoon the last couple days with her friends but couldnt leave her out as long as I would like. I might take her for an hr to the pasture today and let her start getting used to grass, so if she comes up missing that is probably where she is. She has been seeming more restless and I do feel her udder was larger yesterday, still seemed like there might have been some fluid starting into her teats but will check this AM and see what she is up to. Gotta get my leopard filly here!!!!
default_new_multi.gif

O and her pet kitty is Fuzzbutt
default_biggrin.png
she follows me around on the rafters while Im doing chores, I always feel like she wants to jump on my head

Well Missy enjoyed her time in the green grass earlier, now I have her in the turnout with access to her stall, her udder has stayed fairly large, not getting as loose as it used to during turnout.

Couple of pics attached, Missy wasnt thrilled with her ornery company unless they were scratching her back so she hid in the corner behind a tree LOL!

DSCF6047.JPG

DSCF6048.JPG

DSCF6093.JPG

Great pictures Melinda! We are having a nice sunny, warm day here too!! It's 81 degrees! We had to mow our yard again yesterday. Mares are outside. Just saw Magic rolling. Hopefully, she's getting her foal into position!! She has a full, tight udder, but teats aren't completely filled out yet. The next mare due, Chrissy, is catching up quickly. Chrissy normally foals around 330 days, which won't be until April 9th, but you never know!

I'll be watching Missy this evening.

I love this warm weather but am not looking forward to how hot I feel the summer is going to be when its been this warm already! We mowed our yard and overseeded some grass seed in a few spots since its supposed to rain again this week. I wish you had your mares online so we could watch too! I am soo excited to see some spots!!!

Missy's udder is fairly firm tonight and normally after being out it loosens up but not anymore, so hopefully that means she is getting in gear! Her nipples still arent full but I could express a little fluid and it is starting to get pretty sticky and is still clearish but has that I guess yellowish tint I would call it. Either stage 3 or 4 according to my new Mother Natures Foaling Predictor Kit. Which leads me to ask, at what stage is best to start testing, just when she gets easier to express fluid or ???? I have never tested milk before but decided to give it a try this year, I have always just gone by udder and loosening of the rear. I am just hoping she really is getting ready! She is 320 days today!

I checked Ellie today and her udder is still small but definitely there, other than that no signs of anything, her belly has changed shape some and felt major foal movement on the bottom of her belly today so hoping that means it is moving into position.

I love this warm weather but am not looking forward to how hot I feel the summer is going to be when its been this warm already! We mowed our yard and overseeded some grass seed in a few spots since its supposed to rain again this week. I wish you had your mares online so we could watch too! I am soo excited to see some spots!!!

Missy's udder is fairly firm tonight and normally after being out it loosens up but not anymore, so hopefully that means she is getting in gear! Her nipples still arent full but I could express a little fluid and it is starting to get pretty sticky and is still clearish but has that I guess yellowish tint I would call it. Either stage 3 or 4 according to my new Mother Natures Foaling Predictor Kit. Which leads me to ask, at what stage is best to start testing, just when she gets easier to express fluid or ???? I have never tested milk before but decided to give it a try this year, I have always just gone by udder and loosening of the rear. I am just hoping she really is getting ready! She is 320 days today!
Maybe one day we'll get set up on Marestare so others can watch. It always helps to have more 'eyes' watching. As far as testing the mare's milk, I used to start testing it when it would get really sticky. But it didn't ever seem to test 'ready' at that stage, so I started waiting for it to change color. I had the old Mother Natures Foaling strips, so I don't know how the new ones work. I have also used the pool strips to test.

My mare, Chrissy, is making a decent udder. It's not firm by any means, but I checked her milk this evening, and it has some color to it! Not sure what is going on there! I've been watching her on the camera, and she's not acting any different. She also isn't swollen. So I'll just have to wait and see. Geez, just when you think they know the rules, the darn mares change them! LOL

I'll be checking on Missy first thing in the morning.

2.40am and Missy snoozing quietly.

Great to see her outside with her friends yesterday - bet she enjoyed herself in the sunshine. Thanks for the pictures!

Well Missy has fluid in her nipples this morning that is easily expressed and very sticky but still not turning white but her rear is very loose and her vulva looks to be a darker red. Sooo who wants to start taking guesses as to when she will end my suffering???
default_new_multi.gif
She also kept me up half the night because when we went to bed she was pacing, would stop and push her butt to the wall, pace, stop and rub her back legs together, pace, kick her belly, pace, act like she was going down and then not and pace some more, lots of yawning, and then she fell asleep
default_frusty.gif

Sounds like she is very close! Do you have any photos of her udder from under and behind? And how is her poop?

I have pics from a couple days ago, will take more when I go out later. Her poop is soft but it has been soft off and on for a while.

Your mare sounds a lot like mine (Laney). I haven't tried to milk her since Saturday but was able to get some secretion easily.. not enough to test though. I need to try again tonight when my husband can hold her for me. She has been uncomfy and has had mushy poop for the past week on an off, bloody show, yawning, butt rubbing.. udder keeps growing and isn't totally full yet but pretty full.. Wonder which one will go first?? If you could please take some pics and post them I would like to see!

Missy looks extremely annoyed!! Think she is waiting for someone to let her out with her friends on that green grass again!! Actually she does need to de-stress herself a bit or she will never relax into foaling mode and I do think her tummy has done quite a drop since yesterday????

Come on Missy, calm down a bit and think BABY!!

Ok I went and got some udder pics, they arent the best as I still have not perfected taking udder pics yet LOL! She is definitely annoyed about something, I am wondering if it isnt the wind? I have noticed that since we were hit by a tornado last july that my horses tend to be spookier and less at ease when it is windy (sounds kind of like me too!). Anyhoo I also did my first ever milk test so hopefully I did it right! She tested at 85% to the Mother Natures strips, it changed within seconds too, didnt have to wait the whole minute. But her milk is now the skim milk looking color so seems to be changing fast. I let her out for a bit, if anyone notices the door blow shut and her not inside please let me know as there isnt any water or anything out there so she needs to have access to her stall! I wedged a rock under it and put a bucket in front of it so HOPEFULLY that will keep it from shutting.

DSCF6101.JPG

DSCF6103.JPG

WOW! She will definitely foal before my Laney! How long has her udder been full and pointed down like that? I have those Mother Nature strips too. Are you going to retest tonight to see if it changes? Can't wait to see what it says! She should be foaling within a day or so with 85% right? I think the 95% is within 12 hours so is 85% within 24? And the faster the test reads the faster foaling should be coming on.

Well its been fairly full but not as tight for a few days and has been pointed down for a while. I honestly have no idea what 85% means except that its in the foaling range LOL! I won the strips on the wonderful fishing game on the main forum and decided to try them out, kind of fun to have a chemistry-like set for playing with horses lol! I just need to go and get more distilled water before I run out! I am hoping she foals tonight and will probably test again! Here is her udder 2 days ago

DSCF6036.JPG

DSCF6038.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I won my Mother Nature strips in the fishing game on LB too! lol- I am so excited to use them. I know it says 95% is within 12 hours.. we'll see what she tests for you later on if it changes. Does look SOON though!

I hope so! And yes planning on keeping a close eye on her! I am actually going to sneak a quick nap in for a couple hours right now since I am sure I wont sleep much tonight! I will probably close her in her stall after my nap as I desperately need to get groceries and oats. Hopefully my hubby will be home by then to keep an eye on her otherwise will hope for watchers, will try and make it a very short trip!

Ok I changed my plans to I am going to lock her in now so I can go shopping and have her where she is being watched. Will take my nap when I get home! I figure she will most likely be closer to foaling later and dont want to be far away! The pressure is dropping too.

She does seem really agitated for some reason.

Latest posts

Back