Maple Hollow Farms Foaling Camera *New Pics :-D*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
I got my cam set up on marestare today! Only the mares at my house will be on cam, sadly my mom's will not be hooked up online. I can try to keep everyone updated on both of our mares anyways and will share foal photos.

Gorgeous is most likely going to be the first mare to foal and she is at mom's, her udder is very full and hard tonight and could go anytime, she has foaled as early as 303 days before and is at 307 days today (3/7/12). She is a black pinto Bond Nemo daughter bred to our buckskin pinto Double Destiny son, Magic Trick.

Missy is the mare on cam, she is 302 days today (3/7/12), has decent udder development but not looking quite ready yet. She is a bay snowflake appy mare and bred to my near leopard stallion, Monte. This will be her second foal and the previous owner doesnt know how many days she went with her first so just watching her now to get used to her habits and let her settle into her stall. She is pacing a lot now due to the new location.

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=maplehollow

Please remember that this is my barn and my rules, if you dont like something, shut the cam off. I appreciate any and all calls though if you think the mare is foaling or in trouble!
default_yes.gif

Hope you all enjoy our foaling season and look forward to sharing our girls and their foals with you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Hello and Welcome, your girls are in good hands here but you better look out
default_shutup.gif
we are a bit weird here
default_smokesmile.gif
Only kidding,
default_smile.png
can we have some pics of the girls due and their hubbies?

1.15am and she is stood quietly, I don't see any poop so either you have done a late night clean up or she needs watching.!

Hi Melinda, glad to have you here and thank you for letting us help watch your girls.

Yes Missy is pacing, but she certainly doesnt look stressed - nice little mare!

And I agree with Renee would love to see pictures of the girls and their hubbies.

3.00am and she is pacing

4.30 am and she is still pacing, she looks like she is sweating too. Melinda does she have any hay in there to keep her happy?

Hey guys! I am ok with weird LOL keeps it more entertaining! Yes she has hay in there but is just a bit upset being moved into the foaling barn, all of her feed and water is up by the wall and not easy to see what is there. Hopefully she will calm down in the next couple days. She actually is handling coming inside better than some mares I have had. As for poop I saw her drop some but then she immediately paces through it spreading it around. I will clean her stall this morning again too so will make sure there is plenty when I pick it. I will be going out in a bit to do morning chores. I will keep you updated as to how her udder is doing and such. Last night wasnt looking ready at all but have been checking it morning and night for changes. I will be back in a bit.

Here is a quick edit I did yesterday for Missy.

420784_3062978611432_1172460008_32452925_1155765890_n.jpg

What pretty horses! Can't wait to see her foal from that stallion!

Thanks
default_smile.png
! She is a very sweet little mare! She still isnt thrilled about the stall this morning, she did have plenty of poo in there when I cleaned it though, it was just all mixed up from her pacing. Thanks for the concerns though! Udder is still down probably from her being a bit upset, but that is why I brought her in early so that she had time to settle in before her foal arrives! I cant wait to see this foal too, this is my first foal crop from Monte and I am dying to see what all he has, I did get one filly from him last year when I bought him and a mare bred to him.

Gorgeous, the mare at my parents, still hasnt foaled, thought for sure she was going to foal last night but she is sneaky and apparently enjoying torturing us!
default_wacko.png

Picture of Gorgeous

319634_10150398397077512_236449937511_8242426_1909632284_n.jpg

And the stallion she is bred to MT, our National Top Ten Get of Sire, National Top Ten Producer, and National All Star Champion Get of Sire!:

391275_10150398363787512_236449937511_8242221_1433249821_n.jpg

wow, Gorgeous is just Gorgeous
default_smile.png
no need to ask where her name came from
default_yes.gif
her hubby is rather sexy too.

I am glad Missy pooped cos it always worries me especially when they are preggo. I worry about poo ( I told you we were weird)
default_new_rofl.gif
She did finally settled down at about 5.00, I think she wore herself out.

You wait until Diane sees she is expecting a Monte baby, she will have kittens
default_new_multi.gif

Thanks for the compliments Eagle, Gorgeous is one of our best producing mares and we just love her and Magic Trick! They had an adorable lil buckskin pinto filly last year so hoping for something similar this year! Her udder is still full and starting to feel a little more fluid moving into her nipples so maybe someday she will actually foal
default_please.gif

Poo is very important, I understand completely LOL! Missy seems to be calm more today than she was yesterday but could just be wishful thinking.

Diane that is awesome that you know Monte! I was so excited for the opportunity to buy him and Chippy and I have never regretted it for a second! He is a neat stallion with so much trotting power it is amazing! I finally had the time and help to hook him and drive him this winter and had a ton of fun! My Chianti II granddaughter is also bred to him! Also love the kittens, sooo cute!

My first drive with Monte! (nothing better than fat fluffy horse and big puffy coat LOL! )

405689_2889820802595_1172460008_32389945_321896208_n.jpg

Yep, she is happiest when I am petting and brushing her but sadly I cant stay there 24/7 with her LOL! She will hopefully settle in soon, I noticed right now she finally stopped moving!

Diane, you are nuts
default_new_rofl.gif
but I knew the mention of a spotty chip would get you out of your chair
default_risa_suelos.gif
stop being anti-social and come chat with your friends
default_worshippy.gif

1.15am and sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh don't make a noise cos Missy is dosing
default_yes.gif

1.35 am and she is down sternal

5.45 am and she is stood quietly still. She has been much better tonight

Missy was much better last night! I woke up and she was laying flat and must have been dreaming since her legs were all twitching LOL! My husband thought she couldnt be comfy since she is so fat but didnt seem to bother her LOL!

I think I am starting to see the "weird" side of the posts here ROFL! Its all good though, keeps the conversation flowing
default_rolleyes.gif

I cant believe you have 12 cams up!!! You must have some pretty impressive internet provider, I dont know that mine could handle that many!

I think I am starting to see the "weird" side of the posts here ROFL! Its all good though, keeps the conversation flowing
default_rolleyes.gif
so you have met Diane
default_new_rofl.gif
Shame Heidi is too busy to pop in cos she is the meaning of the word weird
default_shutup.gif

Diane is the nutty one

Cassie is the sweet one

Megan is the cook

Anna is the bossy one

Hazel will lock you up

Bree is the busy one

who am I missing? ME well I will leave that to someone else
default_new_rofl.gif

O boy, now you have got me worried LOL!!!

I let Missy out to play in the turnout today and now she is back to pacing....UGH! She must just like to keep moving since even turned out she never really stopped moving around.

The mare from Maple Hollow

caused her mum such sorrow

cos she laid down to push

and out in a rush

didn't come a spotty filly

but a bay foal with a willy

default_new_rofl.gif

not very good cos I am a bit rusty
default_whistling.gif

O now that is NOT nice LOL!!!!! I am soooo blaming you if I get a solid foal now!
default_torch.gif
default_xbud.gif
I want a fewspot colt so would be ok with the willie in that case
default_new_multi.gif

gotta love the lil emoticons LOL
default_new_rofl.gif

Back