Odette *colt*, Britt *colt*.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
Ok I know she isn't due until May but I can't keep hijacking Cassie's thread.
default_smile.png

She is 12 years old and this will be her third foal for me.

She rally has me baffled
default_frusty.gif
She has a very large edema in front of her udder and a loose hooha. Is it normal for the edema to be so large and so soon?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks Renee

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! It's Odette!!!
default_new_multi.gif

Can't help you with the edema. She does look quite swollen, though.

Glad to have Odette here Renee (I know what you mean by 'hacking' other threads!)

Not to sure that amount of edema is normal, on the other hand a lot of mares getting closer to foaling do have edemas, plus a lot of mares who are on the 'portly' side (I didn't say fat!) also have edemas, so put those two together and maybe one could expect a larger than normal happening??

I wouldn't panic but if your friendly vet is around for any reason, perhaps you could mention it or maybe a friendly question over the phone?

Make sure we have loads of pictures here of Odette, all her friends plus your doggy furkids. Actually, which is due first - a foal or a litter of puppies??

If and I say If I have the dates right we should be getting puppies first as Izzy will be due the end of April. BUT I did find this photo dated 28th April 2011 which could mess up my dates
default_new_rofl.gif

If they did something naughty whilst my back was turned it would put her at the end on March
default_thud.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture sure would indicate some naughtiness may have occured. Just sayin'.
default_whistling.gif

LOL!! Love that picture - sneaky pair!!

So you had better keep a close watch on that young lady...........................a baby in a few weeks????

WOW yay for Odette!! that is a huge edema Renee!! Penny's is tiny compared to that!

hmm I'm thinking end of March for you LOL I hope so anyway! very very exciting! keep us updated!

p.s and you know I don't mind you hijacking my threads lol glad to see Odette up here though!!

Another mare to keep us guessing as to what her plans are LOL

Slaney always gets rather huge front boobies. I must have a look over my photos + dates and see when she developed her edemas

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
yeah Odette! glad she is here no matter when her due date is. You know I can't help with the edema
default_wacko.png
. I'm still learning with Delilah
default_unsure.png
. Lots and lots of pics. please.

Another mare to keep us guessing as to what her plans are LOL

Slaney always gets rather huge front boobies. I must have a look over my photos + dates and see when she developed her edemas
Thanks Karina that would be great

Ok here is a pic of Slaney taken at around 292 days - she foaled June 5th at 347 days

So there is nothing to speak of going on.

SlaneyandShimmerApril11th2011003.jpg

Here she is at 307 days (so foaled 40 days later) Now you can see some development

Slaney307days-May26th2011003.jpg

Slaney307days-May26th2011005.jpg

Again at 314 days and front boobies are a lot bigger

Slaney114days-May3rd2011005.jpg

Slaneyudder-2.jpg

337 days so 10 days from foaling

Slaney337daysudder.jpg

344 days

Slaney344days-June2nd2011003.jpg

Slaney344days-June2nd2011005-1.jpg

346 days

SlaneyUdder346days-1.jpg

Slaneyudderbelow346days-1.jpg

347 days (the day she foaled)

Slaney347daysJune5th2011002-1.jpg

Slaney347daysJune5th2011003-1.jpg

Now I know all mares are different but your pics of Odette remind me of Slaney at the 307 day mark. Will be interesting to see how she progresses

Robert is looking over my shoulder at the pics of waxing ta-tas, and is like "what the heck kind of forum are you looking at?????"
default_new_shocked.gif
He asked if the FBI is monitoring our behavior?LOL

LOL!! Parmela! Tell him that he shouldn't be peeking at private conversations!

Brilliant pictures Karina - I'm hoping that this year I might be able to get some pics of my girls as we shall be foaling in July - no heavy winter coats covering up the important bits!!

Odette's udder was slightly larger this morning, of course it has gone back down now after her day out but if it is up again in the morning I will take a pic.

Here she is tonight dirty and hungry as you can see by her hinting that I need to open the door
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back