December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure what happened but I had to stop and restart Flash...... Thanks for letting me know.

And BTW, it is NOT nice and sunny here today - it is cold and rainy, not the nice weather that was once forecast.

Just in case anyone is wondering what happened to Toffee's halter: she apparently got it caught on the fence during our 4-H meeting and the breakaway fuse broke just the way it is supposed to, so the halter came off. We hope to have one back on her soon.

Sox and Mira were both used in the meeting. They each went through the trail patterns a few times, led by different 4-Hers, and did great. Sox was VERY popular.

4.30am Sox and Mira have been taking turns in going sternal, Toffee is no where to be seen as usual
default_sad.png

Thanks for telling us about her head collar, she threw me yesterday when she came in, I thought she was Sox but she wasn't white enough.
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I know I am paranoid, but we will be watching them closely today because Sox and Mira got their pre-foaling shots this morning. When Mira got her pre-foaling shots in 2009 (at day 303) she foaled that same evening. Then my vet was telling me that my neighbor just lost a foal (Gypsy Vanner) right after he gave her her pre-foaling shots.

We will also be trying to get Toffee's halter on her very soon. If you see us, please be understanding...

ETA: While I was typing this, my WONDERFUL helper Stephanie was putting a regular halter on Toffee, tying her up, and grooming her, just outside the stall. We just swapped halters on her and gave her "cookies"!!! Need to give some to Steph....

I will be watching your girls for you through the day

Mary I have your girls up most nights for the whole night I just don't post much yet. Thanks for giving us this update, I will make sure I watch them extra careful now.
default_smile.png

You guys are the best. Watching is more important than posting, but I figure you deserve to know as much as possible so i will keep updating!

The cam has been down for me.. is it down for anyone else?

3.45am, I have had the girls up for nearly 2 hours now, Sox and Mira have been quiet but I haven't seen Toffee yet.

Yes Sox and Mira snoozing quietly - Toffee away doing her own thing! Will be watching when I can Mary - fingers crossed for Mira.

The electric company is about to shut our power off... will post when it is back on!!!

ETA at 10:30 AM. Pole is fixed, power is back on, and cam should be up and running.

We just put the Equipage halter alarm on Toffee but not because we feel that foaling is imminent. I admit to being a bit paranoid - finding a dead foal last year on the morning of the day I was planning to attach the alarm will do that. But Mulligan's Run experience has me even more paranoid. First there was Dancer foaling last night with almost no signs and then the fact that Toffee and Raven were last bred within a day of each other. Plus Toffee spends less time in the stall than Mira or Sox, so I figure this way my bases are covered better, with you wonderful Mare Starers keeping an eye on the stall.

Now I did check milk this morning and it looks like Toffee's pH has dropped a bit. But her udder is nowhere near full and the pH is nowhere near "ready".

Mira and Sox just hanging out in the stall. No Toffee of course. Sox seems to have some activity in her midsection!lol Busy baby.

Looked closer. Sox is biting her belly a lot and swishing her tail. Hmmmm. Will watch some more.

Just a kicking baby. Nothing else. All is well with Sox and Mira. Still can't see Toffee.

Latest posts

Back