December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha - and notice that Bunny knows to run between the cones! I can watch them from the window next to my computer and they run this circuit all the time, including the jump! Yes, we like our horses to be versatile, so driving, jumping and trail. There are 4-Hers in the futures of all three, although of course they will have to wait awhile to jump and drive them!

Oh that was marvellous - had me laughing so much!! I love it when the babies play especially when they have such an interesting area to play in. Mine love having woody areas and small logs to play around, but this year they have been stuck in a boring old field over at Cathy's (as she readily admits!) Another few weeks and they will all be home here and then the fun will start!
default_yes.gif

Foals were weaned late August, and are in with the "herd" at least part of every day now. Note how big Clyde is in relation to Princess (32..5")

Steph_4_herd_zps1dad5eeb.jpg

Playing with hula hoop:

Foals_hula_hoop_zps963bb1b0.jpg

Snappy:

Steph_1_snappy_zpsa876ecc9.jpg

Bunny:

Steph_2_bunny_zpse3988d8a.jpg

Clyde:

Steph_3_clyde_zpsfd7b4cc4.jpg

They ALL need to be clipped, and all are on the list to go to the Mass Equine Affaire in mid-November.

Aww they look all 'growed up' and very confident at this new stage in their lives. Thank you for the pictures and the update - good luck in November, and dont forget to take the camera!!
default_yes.gif

thanks for the pics Mary! they are looking fantastic! naw so grown up and big! love them all so much! thanks again
default_smile.png

oh and ditto what Anna said
default_smile.png
can't wait to see them all strutting their stuff!

Photos from Equine Affaire mostly: More photos from today await downloading but be sure to check back as they are Christmas photos with the 4-Hers.

Snappy in her stall at Equine Affaire where she was very popular. You should have seen the cell phones pop out when people got to her stall! She shared with either Rusty (full brother from 2010) or Bunny.

P1070149.jpg

Walking around at Equine Affaire we drew a crowd, and remember these are HORSE people, not like they never saw a horse before!

P1070192.jpg

Bunny - different day so fewer people.

P1070141.jpg

Clyde didn't get to go but here are all 3 running around in the pasture just before Equine Affaire.

Bunny & Snappy seem to have recovered from what appeared to be ulcers that they came home from Equine Affiare with.

P1070258.jpg

Gary is working on yesterday's photos now and I keep looking over his shoulder!! Between cute kids and cute minis - everyone seemed to want photos with Snappy or Bunny - they are adorable.

BTW, I don't expect Bunny to be pure white in the spring. Mira, her dam, was pure white at this age, but Max was this same color at Bunny's age so I expect she will still be "gray" and white come spring like he was.

So far, so good on the pregnant mares. Dancer feels left out because she isn't a 4-H project this year, so she was not photographed yesterday. May do it today just so she is happy. She was re-confirmed in foal last month with a Wee Foal 120 urine test but she still has her girlish figure. Toffee, who has had 5 foals at least, has a belly already at over 6 months!. They each had their 5 month pneumabort shots and are due for the 7 month shots this month. How time flies! I hope I haven't jinxed them by reporting...... Keeping fingers crossed. We still haven't put Dancer and Toffee together and we know we need to do that before they foal. They are fine across the fence and we have hand grazed them together with no issues. Maybe we will do that again today!

OK, here are selected pics of Snappy & Bunny from our 4-H meeting yesterday. Expect to see Bunny in a new avatar photo soon!

katie-snappy-1.jpg

Bunny:

kiera-bunny-1.jpg

Bunny head:

bunny-head-1.jpg

Oh Mary, ALL the pictures are fabulous and I love the new one of Bunny in your Avatar!

Great news about Dancer and Toffee - keeping my fingers crossed for them both.
default_thumbup.gif

LOL Diane- I just said to my husband that right now, after seeing these photos, we would be KICKING OURSELVES if we had gone by our original plans and not bred any mares for next year. Thank you for the compliment!

Diane is right - he is absolutely stunning Mary, and with that movement of his, I can see him 'topping the top' in the future.
default_firstprize.gif

Latest posts

Back