Raven's Thread: Updated video at 1 month page 78

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5:48 a.m. Just checked in on her and she is standing quietly. The mare in the cam at the upper right seems restless though. :)

I have been watching the mares at Mulligans also.....have all 3 cams going. They seem ready to go any time.

I have about an hour to sit here an watch Miss Raven right now, so now would be a perfect time for her to foal.
default_yes.gif
default_thumbup.gif

I have about an hour to sit here an watch Miss Raven right now, so now would be a perfect time for her to foal.
default_yes.gif
default_thumbup.gif
Connie, I don't think she has any plans for the near future! Although her bag is progressing and her milk test is dropping, she really doesn't show any other signs. Not really uncomfortable, not really rubbing her but, nothing really points to early labor. So we wait.

My work is so busy these days that my fear is she'll go into full blown labor while I'm in a meeting or something I can't get out of to watch! Well, I guess that's why she's at Heather's place...so she gets the proper attention she needs.

I hope she waits until night time for you Parmela. I would hate for you to miss her foaling. :) She is a maiden mare so who knows what she will do. I have had mares literally be standing quietly in the stall one moment and then just walk off the wall to the middle of the stall, lay down and start pushing without one sign of labor. No kidding. You just never know what they are going to do.

I hope she waits until night time for you Parmela. I would hate for you to miss her foaling. :) She is a maiden mare so who knows what she will do. I have had mares literally be standing quietly in the stall one moment and then just walk off the wall to the middle of the stall, lay down and start pushing without one sign of labor. No kidding. You just never know what they are going to do.
Amen to that! Faith is an old pro at foaling and that is exactly what she does. You could go for a bathroom break and come back to find her foaling. This year the only clue she gave was that she changed which wall her rear was propped up against and then boom! I think that I will just lay down and have a baby...yeah, tired of being fat...let's just do this NOW!
default_shutup.gif
Mares! Expect anything.

I know ladies. Especially since she's a maiden, as you said, we just have no clue what she's going to do!

Miss Raven is just full of shavings again this morning. :) She is standing quietly by the door. Sweetie.
default_wub.png

All quiet at Mulligans. Raven laid down and not looking too comfy. She is back to a rare shavings spotted miniature

Raven looking quiet but Blessed having tummy crunches - baby on the way???

Is it Blessed in her stall or is it someone else? I know the girls often get moved about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I missed it!! So it was Blessed!! Big strong colt and well marked too - love the round spot on his bottom!

I didn't realise Blessed was so close - she must have moved very fast.

Congratulations everyone!!

Isn't he a little doll??? They really have some nice horses at MRF.

Yep, Raven must be outside today. Eating, eating and more eating!

I'm in class. Can't see cams on this phone. Talked to Heather. She's testing ready! No room to put her on own cam, but will try when she actually goes into labor. O M G!

Chanel looks really interesting. Heavy breathing sternal, flat, sternal, flat over and over

I agree, Chanel looks close! Heather said in her email tonight that she expects them to probably go Chanel, then Precious, then Raven. I'm not familiar with the tests she uses, but the numbers are: 6.8 on the strips and 24 on the refractometer. BIG change in a short amount of time. She has so many mares close that we're working on split cams. She will try to switch to full screen if one mares starts labor, but no guarantees.

All extra eyes are appreciated!

Have I said this lately? O M G!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked

Back