PICS PICS and more PICS Rhaps foaled COLT 4/30, Lovie 2 4/23 filly, Dixie 3/30 colt, Crissy 3/29 fil

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back ;) sorry Hazel lol got a little heectic here just before I left n didnt get a chance to post lol

all quiet with Lala, she has her head in the big tub at the corner... maybe her water trough?

Lala grazing happily - looks as though a couple of others in the background are down sleeping.
default_yes.gif

default_wub.png
shes looks like a real sweetie..and she certainly likes her housework
default_laugh.png

I saw where some pics were taken of udders (great idea) so i thought id include one: 318 days

photo (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
While watching last nite I remembered all the "stuff" surrounding this foal.......

mare was sono`ed in foal 18days but the pregancy wasent viable, had put Lala on regumate on day 10 after breeding due to dentist was coming out and she had caps that needed to be pulled so when she went to vet to see if prego the vet said to pull her regumate since pregancy wasent viable, this was done, 3days later Lala came down with runny nose and cough so vet started her on meds that were not tested on broodmares but this would not be a problem--Lala not really prego-- well left Lala in with stallion for 30 days never saw any hanky panky going on so took her back to be resono`ed and sure enough there was a fetus 50 days so.......we really dont know whats in there..keep dreaming its this beautiful 8 leged, 2 headed baby
default_unsure.png
default_wacko.png

Just thought id give yall something to read.............

wow frightening stuff, it makes you appreciate a smooth pregnancy
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for sharing the info and the udder pics are great, she is looking good, as soon as she fills those nipples we will have take off
aktion033.gif

How far are you from the barn (how long will it take you to get there)? Do you have a vet close by?

I just got new cam up and working much better pic, i am 150 feet from her stall to my door so real close, my vet is on standby and is 7 miles away from me so time is quick thank god....

as far as udders these puppys grew over nite she had alittle but not much last nite.

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to know If you had far to run so that we give you plenty of time to get there
laugh.gif
I can't wait to see the new cam
aktion033.gif

Do you use the milk test strips?

default_aktion033.gif
That udder is looking good..2 heads and 8 legs thats twins..its been done before
default_yes.gif
but Im sure she will have just a single beautiful healthy baby..all this watching and waiting does that to you lol but its all worth it in the end
default_wub.png

the cam is down here not sure if anyone else is watching...2.49pm cam time
default_wink.png

cam is still down at 3.10 pm Im sure it isnt my end so will try calling
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_doh.gif
Oh appologies..didnt realise the cam was off during the day..I am a Granny thats my excuse and Im sticking to it lol
default_yes.gif

Phew panic over..right Im off to my bed now... Goodnight all..happy foal watching

Hi!
default_saludando.gif

Sorry to hear you're having a mesys pregnancy
default_no.gif
given how paranoid I am over a good one I can't imagine how you are feeling.

I've seen two approaches to placentitis.

1. Cross your fingers, maybe stick in a med and hope you get lucky.
default_wacko.png
Sometimes they are sometimes they aren't.

2. Observation, medication, blood test/potential treatment of foal.

I've had some friends struggle with it with their big horses. It certainly ups the risks of the pregnancy but good post foaling care of the mare and blood testing the foal can do a lot to weigh the odds in your favour
default_smile.png

Have not done milk yet for today waiting on Mrs Jackie to come over and hold Lala so i can get some, white gold, i will update as soon as i can.....

Have fun watching with the new cam
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_yes.gif

Hi Hazel not enought to do strip, dont have the refractometer although right now it would be nice to have........

could you tell our first time on cam we were nervous??????????hahahahahahahahah

Latest posts

Back