PICS PICS and more PICS Rhaps foaled COLT 4/30, Lovie 2 4/23 filly, Dixie 3/30 colt, Crissy 3/29 fil

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz k

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Elizabeth Kirk with Lady K Miniatures and for the first time in years Im up on mare stare to have those extra eyes help me. I have several mares due this year, and have heard several good things about you crazy group of gals. Im in Texas(central time) and have cams up from 7pm to 10am (old cam not very good, new cam on way)

First off I have Lala- 4 y/o maiden dx placiantits 2 wks ago, she is now 316 days so she can go anytime...

cam link-------

http://www.marestare...php?alias=ladyk

Lala is solid black and is in the first visable stall-you cant miss her--mares behind her will be coming up soon...... she is bred to our palomino stallion will be adding photo asap

Sorry if rambling, alittle sleep deprived at present.

Any and all extra eyes are greatly appreciated...Thanks

lady_k_miniature_horse_farm0040031 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay Lala is here finally!
default_aktion033.gif
Liz you will like this group as they are fun fun fun! Course I will watch when I can as well.
default_yes.gif

saludando.gif
Hi Liz and Welcome to the nut house from Italy.
saludando.gif

I have your girl up and she is a real cutie
wub.gif
I am not sure what time it is there other than it is night time, perhaps in the morning you could ask Rich to add the clock as it makes it easier if we can tell you what time things happen.
wub.gif

Your Lala is standing quietly against the back fence and boy does she have a tummy
biggrin.gif

I will be here on and off for the rest of the night

saludando.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi Liz and welcome to the mad house but very fun house ... i had a mare that had placentis scarey hay, what meds do you have her on

will be watching your ladys for you..and a huge thanks for shareing with us crazy bunch
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh i cant seem to get your marestare up????????????

Hi Liz I will be watching your girls too,

hey Jenn it might be morning for her maybe?

great idea with bringing the time up, makes it nice and easy when we need to record certain events!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png

will be watching during you night!!!!
default_yes.gif
she is a lovely mare! can we see a pic of the daddy? please
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi welcome from me in Wales uk..shes gorgeous I will be watching closely
default_aktion033.gif

Cam is running fine for me Jenny, here is the link again:

http://www.marestare...php?alias=ladyk

It seems as though the sun is coming up, Lala is down sternal resting.

Hi guys thanks sooo much for welcomeing me into the group, i think I included pic of stallion he is a Double Destiny son.....to answer some questions LaLa is currently on antibodics, due to how close she is no regumate was started=? has anyone had a mare this late in pregancy develope placentitis?

I will be checking with Rich to add time, great idea

photo.JPG

Hi Liz!
saludando.gif
I'll be helping watch your little girl. She is gorgeous!

default_wub.png
:wub What a handsome boy.. this is going to one beautiful baby
default_wub.png
:wub

Cant help you out with the placentitis unfortunately but Im sure there are plenty here that have experianced it before and will be only to happy to reassure you ..good luck
default_smile.png

Oh forgot to say shes looking very settled atm doing a bit of hoovering as Renee would say..keep a close eye out for that baking to start and we know we'r very close haha
default_laugh.png
..not sure what time it is there as I dont have a cam time showing so I wont be able to post the time
default_wacko.png

default_saludando.gif
my mare had placenitis i think about 2 months or so before she foaled my mare started to have a bloody show so off to the vet all thay gave her was 5 days of antibotics wich did nothing really so got another vet and thay gave her a antibotic injection and some antibotic paste

my mare saffire she had here foal very normally and had a lovely healthy foal with a very health placenter...but you have to really keep a eye on her b/c she can have a red bag delivery etc etc but you probaly allready know that ...please dont hesitate to ask me questions
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
To make long story short Lala on day 303 had a very swollen backend (vulva down into both inside legs aroung to udders) with bloddy show soooo took her into see vet, who started antibodicis and she currently is still on the antibodics till she foals. I have seen mares with placentitis early in thier pregnancys never this far along so dont know just how this is going to come into play for foaling so vet said "just watch her very close" which leads to me to yall...... which im sooooooo greatful for... I have 5 other mares that will be next after Lala, Hope I dont drive you gals crazy!! O wait I forgot yall are already crazy
default_new_shocked.gif
Hahahahaha Ill post pics of everyone as they come up or come out!!!!!!!!!

Once again Thank You to all for taking the time to help even though you dont know me
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Looking forward to getting to know yall .............

Hi Liz - like Lindy I'm in Wales in the UK. Am happy to watch when I can - not around as much as some of the others as things are a bit busy for me right now, but will do my best to help.

You must be so excited (alongside the worry of course), I'm sure everything will be fine, just be ready for a red bag delivery as a possibility. Do you have your vet within easy reach in case the new baby needs a little help at birth?

Great to have you join us here - do tell us some more about your other girls/other animals.

Sending good wishes for Lala to have a safe, smooth delivery and a healthy new baby.
default_yes.gif

Hey girls Lala feed and cams on for nite......Ooooooo the clock was added thanks for the suggestion...

default_saludando.gif
Welcome Liz, from another Texan. Being in the same time zone I'll try to whatch as much as I can Sorry about your problems, but the ladies here are wonderful at helping. I've learned alot from each of them.
default_wub.png

Hi Liz, Tuning in for Lala foal watch love the clock yippee hehe,

the stallion is gorgeous!!!! I'm in Australia and will be able to watch until 1am when hopefully Renee (Italy) will join us and take over from me
default_aktion033.gif

stallion is gorgeous!!!! and that tummy!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
WOW

can I ask if you have barn alarm up while you are sleeping? just in case I or one of the others need to contact you... if we hit low or hit alert will you hear it?

Thanks.

Hi Cassie yes I keep barn alarm on and cell phone by ears so if anyone see`s behavior please call 210-394-0389 or 210-844-1387 (hope thats ok Jackie)..Just did boobie check and well no milk yet but now have to have two people to do this one at head and one at butt shes becoming more hands off with everyday........Hoping soon
default_unsure.png
:unsure

awesome! will definitely let you know if we see anything!!

are you thinking she may not bag up? I'll be keeping a close eye on her for you anyway Liz
default_yes.gif

get some rest
default_smile.png
I am watching, I will be headed out in an hour to do the banking, but will let the marestare peeps now so they can watch extra close, and I will be back watching when I get back to work...

8:10pm and she is grazing, everything looking fine
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back