Four mares up on cam now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh what a great bunch of girls Amanda!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

And Penny is cute too - I love her colouring.
default_yes.gif

Marcella is about 35 inches tall, and this is only her second foal. She was really big across last week, baby must have moved position. I'm sure it will move back again, it's really too early for it to be lining up for foaling yet. She was bred twice once in the first week of April and then again near the third week. I've been assuming she took in the second set, but maybe not. So I guess theoretically it is not impossible that she is at day 298. Which would make a little more sense if she really has dropped. I'll be watching her closely just in case. Bah, Mares! You just never can tell with them.

Thanks for the compliments on all my little ones. They are my passion. They get me up in morning and give me something to do with myself after work. Dont know what I'd do without them.

Well I'm off to go feed the darlings and check udders, etc...

WOW They are a beautiful bunch!
default_wub.png
Please update us on what's going on with them when you get back from feeding. That';s' where I'm headed.

nothing new to report, no udder development since last time I checked. I've got quite a ways to go (30 days?). Mares are at days 276-291.

Thanks so much, it means everything to me to have a dedicated bunch of watchers. I have to apologize to anyone who was trying to watch last night. My computer decided to do a windows update and then on it's own decided to restart, which of course stopped the Mare Cameras from sending their feeds to the website. GRRR. Anyways I disabled that option today, so that wont happen again.

Have a good night everyone

They looked so tiny in the summer when I look at their 3 months pics. Amazing how they transform!

Here are there prebelly pics

4mths2.jpg

Nellie

3months2.jpg

Marcella

3months.jpg

Ladybug

3months1.jpg

Fly

default_aktion033.gif
Wow What a transformation
default_new_shocked.gif
Beautiful and slick in the summer and Beautiful and woolie wide loads in the winter
default_aktion033.gif
There is no doubt that they are carring foals.

The girls look great and thanks for posting, Ladybug was so shiny in her summer coat, I am a little green
wub.gif

3.20 am cam time and fly and Ladybug are munching, and Nellie and Marcella are resting.

Eagle, it is awesome that you are in a totally different time zone. What time was it for you when it was 320 cam time? It's good to know someone is awake to see them at that time of the night (for me).

All out for a bit today, as it is goiing to storm later on, but hubby will put them in for me when it starts as he is staying home.

ttyl

amanda

Beautiful girls! Look how they have grown!!

Amanda it was 8.20 am for me
laugh.gif
I am 5 hours ahead of you, when the girls are close I can watch them from around 6.30 am (1.30am your time) but before I get up they will be watched by our Aussie friend Cassie
biggrin.gif
so the girls will get no privacy
aktion033.gif

EAgle, that is so wonderful. I try to stay up nights when they get close, but we all know how easy it is to just close your eyes for one second and bam - you're asleep. I'm trying to make sure I get lots of sleep right now because in about 2 weeks or so, I'm not going to feel so comfortable going to sleep and thinking they are not going to foal. but the udders have a ways to go yet.

Amanda do you do milk tests? I used Foal-Time last year and it was amazing how accurate it was!
yes.gif

I used both Foaltime and Mother Natures strips last year. I found I prefer the MN's. I have an order coming next week. No rush as there is not much to test at this point. But it wont be long. Marcella has started a little udder too today, so 3 of 4 have begun the process of getting ready.

I won a Mother Nature's Foaling Predictor kit from one of the fishing games here on LB! I am so excited to get to use them with Laney in a few months!
risa8.gif

Back